• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear MDT ACC Elite Full Length Bridge EOI

Hennig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2011
QLD, Australia
www.instagram.com
Hey ACC Elite owners. When I got my ACC I was frustrated that they didn’t offer a one piece top cover. To achieve fully enclosed forend, it requires purchasing 4x Bridges at $140 a pop, then modifying one of them for what results in a segmented half assed outcome anyway.

As such, I’ve been working on a one piece top cover for the ACC Elite with a very talented modeler who makes lots of other bits and pieces for the shooting community.

This is what we have come up with. One piece, square front, tapered rear, and a rebate in the top for grip tape. It’s since been priced up by a quality machine shop, but the price gets noticeably better once we get to 20 pieces.

As such, I just thought I’d put this out there as an EOI to see whether it’s worth doing. I started this project because I wanted one, but obviously wouldn’t be stuck with 19 spares ideally 😂

If we can get to 20, pricing should come in $150usd+ cheaper than the 4x small cover alternative - including dowels and screws. Hopefully sub 300usd (take advantage of that dogshit Aussie dollar). Shipping from me over in aus shouldn’t be too awful if it goes ahead.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Danny

299AF97C-14C9-492F-B022-004B85C3F85C.jpeg

5889F4D4-8248-4237-9226-7BF07B89DF02.jpeg

48A0019F-94A5-4E4E-B8FB-F632ED044C04.jpeg

Looks good! Would you be able to calculate the minimum scope mount height at typical scope cants (0/20/40 MOA) and 56mm objective? No cutout for the scope objective would be a concern for me.

Also, assuming it's compatible with a 1.250" straight taper?

Looks good! Would you be able to calculate the minimum scope mount height at typical scope cants (0/20/40 MOA) and 56mm objective? No cutout for the scope objective would be a concern for me.

Also, assuming it's compatible with a 1.250" straight taper?

Straight profiles are no problem, it uses the same internal dimensions as the MDT bridges which clear just fine.

Once I get the printed prototype back here I can chuck some different setups in, but I’m pretty confident a 1.25” mount will clear. A 1.5 would have been needed if we had a pic rail on top.

Yep, just the limitations of the printer. Although it’s not needed in reality, I’m getting a one piece print done this week as well.

The production cover will be one piece - just to make that abundantly clear.

Reactions: Terp
Logically that makes sense…

But you gotta remember this is a community that buys billet alu loading blocks and $1500 vices 😂

I don’t think I could put a printed cover on my $5000 rifle personally, but that’s just me.

Reactions: Terp and TheOE800
A very small percentage of a tiny part of the community spends that. The rest are poors.

Reactions: Hennig
You could simplify that design quite a bit and cut out like half the fasteners and still have a solid design.

Now I know you mean the machining for the fasteners etc…

But in reality the $3 of hardware and the minuscule bit of machining time isn’t a massive factor. I’m actually really happy with the balance between aesthetics and machining time we achieved. It’s not covered in mlok or small pockets that blow out costs, while not having it look too utilitarian and simplistic.

Reactions: Terp and iceng
I want to see it with a big ass optic mounted. I’m definitely not buying higher scope mounts for something like this but I like the idea. I’d prefer it to start further down the barrel so that it’s out of the way of all the popular optics in use today.

It should look pretty similar to an ATX, vision chassis, etc, but I’ll be sure to get a pile of photos with my various barreled action combos once I have the prototype here.

If someone wants one to start half way down the forend, they’re probably better off grabbing two of the small MDT bridges as shown.

733984EF-EDF0-4F5A-864C-B51993B97A7C.jpeg

8k ? How many did you want ? I need to jack my prices up. Reach out to me if you want. Im sure we can help out.

Batch of 25 got down to a good price, and that was with me doing the cerakote for peanuts. 10 was reeaaasonable, but again, I was doing this as a nil profit exercise (I was gonna pay the same as everyone else) - so I wasn’t really interested in funding a pile of product that had limited interest.

I’ve got a guy who is willing to make just one for me and one for him and call it square - so ill likely just do that.

Reactions: frost1235
Did you end up making these? Just came across the post while looking to do what you did and buy 3 of MDTs bridges