• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC vs Xlr envy

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Looking to try a chassis and have it narrowed down to these 2. I have felt both at comps but haven’t had much time with them or shot with them. Both felt comfortable. I preferred the thumb shelf on the Xlr over the thin ridge of the ACC.

Is there any feedback people can provide between these 2?

I’m currently running KRG bravos and they have served me well but want to try something new with more adjustments.

I think with the new C6 buttstock from XLR its a wash. I think the ACC grip is more comfortable than the XLR but you should buy what you like.

I have owned all 3 and currently have the Xylo. I prefer the Xylo for various reasons. I did not like the flex in the ACC and didn't care for the old butt stock on the xlr Envy Pro. The new C-6 pretty much takes care of all of my complaints in regards to butt stock.. I like grip interface on the XYLO.

Reactions: st1650
The biggest thing with the XLR is the buttstock is a lot lighter than it's competition. That means you spend less money on forward weights to make it balance.

Looking at the xylo, I’m not seeing anything that improves over my bravo. I currently have the vision forend with my bravo.

Looking at the xylo, I’m not seeing anything that improves over my bravo. I currently have the vision forend with my bravo.
Quick adjust LoP
Cheek piece moves forward/aft, left/right (small amounts)
Buttpad moves up/down and tilts
Overtravel stop for mag
Anti tilt for mag
Adjustable height bag rider

Some of those can be added to bravo. But most can't.

Quick adjust LoP
Cheek piece moves forward/aft, left/right (small amounts)
Buttpad moves up/down and tilts
Overtravel stop for mag
Anti tilt for mag
Adjustable height bag rider

Some of those can be added to bravo. But most can't.
And if you like the Bravo grip feel you'll like the Xylo.

Buddy of mine has a Vudoo in a XLR Envy pro w/ C6 buttstock. IMO the C6 buttstock completes the XLR and makes it a much better stock than the clamp on AR buffer tube versions.

I put my 6GT into a MDT ACC and feel like that’s the cat’s meow for a centerfire rifle to get it balanced and aesthetics. But if/when I get a Vudoo it’s going in a XLR Envy Pro simply for the fact that with a 20” bbl the muzzle would not stick that far out from the ACC’s fore end. Maybe if MDT offered a shortened fore end version of the ACC…

You spelt Foundation wrong.

With that being said if you are newish to this... Black friday is only a month away and $400 ACC is what we are all waiting for. Pretty please @MDT_Josh :)
Listen, we made a mistake and y'all got lucky! We *probably* won't do that twice... much like our website *probably* wouldn't crash!

- Josh

Listen, we made a mistake and y'all got lucky! We *probably* won't do that twice... much like our website *probably* wouldn't crash!

- Josh
200.gif

Just as a note, we'll be releasing the ACC Elite here in a very short time, which takes most of your concerns with the current ACC and removes them ;) Trying to stay 1 step ahead at all times.

- Josh

I think the ACC is perfect for centerfire rifles with bbls that are 24” or longer. Love the 17”-ish of Arca rail.

But on a stubby rimfire rifle… that 17” is a tad long for a 20-22” bbl. Eager to see what the ACC Elite offers.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I have run both chassis and either would be a good choice. Each has its pros and cons. I am currently running ACCs, and have not used the new XLR buttstock (I had the TR-2 buttstock).

In my experience, the biggest differentiators were:
ACC: more rail space (3-4 more inches), better weight system, easier to set LOP and comb height adjustments (vs TR-2)
Envy: more LOP adjustment (TR-2), affordable easily swapped folding adaptor, adjustable thumb rest, timer mount

It sounds like you have handled both, so I'd go with whichever feels better to you.

The little I played with both they felt the same to me. I didn’t get the chance to play on barricades or anything else so no true comparison, just laying prone.

I think I like the ACC better with the options. How bad is the flex on the ACC?

I’ve never noticed it on mine. I keep my bipod about the third mlok hole from the end.

Reactions: spife7980
The little I played with both they felt the same to me. I didn’t get the chance to play on barricades or anything else so no true comparison, just laying prone.

I think I like the ACC better with the options. How bad is the flex on the ACC?
Flex on the ACC is not noticeable to me.

I’m enjoying my envy pro. No complaints. Haven’t tried an ACC. Just out of curiosity, why is MPA not in the mix? I have a hybrid and it’s pretty slick as well.

I didn’t like the hybrid. I do really like the matrix but seemed to be very rear heavy and also is a pound or so heavier. I like the idea of being able to drop the weight and have a semi light rifle and stack weight to make it heavy depending on what I want to do. I have 2 friends with the matrix pros and both are heavy and they said they needed the weight to get it to balance.

Buddy of mine has a Vudoo in a XLR Envy pro w/ C6 buttstock. IMO the C6 buttstock completes the XLR and makes it a much better stock than the clamp on AR buffer tube versions.

I put my 6GT into a MDT ACC and feel like that’s the cat’s meow for a centerfire rifle to get it balanced and aesthetics. But if/when I get a Vudoo it’s going in a XLR Envy Pro simply for the fact that with a 20” bbl the muzzle would not stick that far out from the ACC’s fore end. Maybe if MDT offered a shortened fore end version of the ACC…

A 20" barrel sure looks good in the XLR Envy Pro... :love:

IMG_3197.JPG

Reactions: Rcornell27 and ECK
Been hearing this for a year. I’m waiting another month and ordering something else.
I mean, we had a very early sample at SHOT this year, but our initial plan was to launch in late summer/early fall, however, those dates have been pushed back to mandatory updates we've had to make. I understand your frustration having to wait for products though!

- Josh

Might want to take a peek at xlr lead times if that’s where you want to go.
I was set on an xlr but 30 week lead time kept me from ordering.
I had an ACC to the door in a week.

One thing on the ACC that you don’t read on much. It’s pretty rear end heavy, but you can get an aluminum butt plate that is significantly lighter and remove the threaded rods if lighter weight is your goal. I didn’t want to overly weight the front so contacted mdt to get the lighter butt plate. It made quite a difference.

- Josh
Unlike some folks (referring to a rather lucky / unlucky golfer in Central Colorado) y’all stick by what you say, even if it is a mistake.

Reactions: 91Eunozs

One thing on the ACC that you don’t read on much. It’s pretty rear end heavy, but you can get an aluminum butt plate that is significantly lighter and remove the threaded rods if lighter weight is your goal. I didn’t want to overly weight the front so contacted mdt to get the lighter butt plate. It made quite a difference.
I've had a similar experience balancing the ACC. I am currently running a 26" M24, the lightweight buttplate, NV bridge. It takes 4 internal weights and 2 pairs of exterior weights to balance 4" in front of the magwell. With a gen 2 razor rifle is 20.4 lbs. With a lighter scope you could probably run it a pound or so lighter and still balance.

We still have about a dozen XLR Envy Pro Rem 700 SA and JV models with the new C6 buttstock in stock :)

We still have about a dozen XLR Envy Pro Rem 700 SA and JV models with the new C6 buttstock in stock :)

I looked…. But I needed a tikka inlet envy

• Sad
Reactions: CSTactical
I've had a similar experience balancing the ACC. I am currently running a 26" M24, the lightweight buttplate, NV bridge. It takes 4 internal weights and 2 pairs of exterior weights to balance 4" in front of the magwell. With a gen 2 razor rifle is 20.4 lbs. With a lighter scope you could probably run it a pound or so lighter and still balance.
Similar I didn’t want to overweight it. 26” MTU, full length internal and one set of external weights with the aluminum butt plate is about perfect.

With the steel plate I balanced right in front of the mag well.

I’m thinking with the aluminum butt plate, and if I remove the treaded rods from the butt stock I might be able to make nrl hunter weight with a carbon barrel.