• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT chassis stock recommendations

JWArmory

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2009
South Dakota
Hey guys, I picked up a rifle recently in a LSS-xl chassis but didn't include a stock. It's the carbine version that accepts AR15 pattern stocks with a carbine like buffer tube.

MDT obviously has good options of their own flavor, just wondering if anyone has used something different and liked it. Most ar15 precision stocks are on a rifle tube which isn't compatible without an adapter. Rifle is a 300 mag for what that's worth. Supposedly has roughly 308 recoil with its brake and such but I've got visions of a can for it later.

I recently bought a Rival Arms stock to pair with a LSS-XL. I haven't had an opportunity to shoot it, but I like it so far. It's pretty heavy, more so than most of MDT's offerings, which I like. The main downside is the LOP adjustments are fairly coarse.

The Magpul PRS can use a carbine buffer tube, so that's an AR option. Although, the cheek rest adjustment height is pretty limited.

I had one of their Skeleton Carbine stocks on mine which replaced a Magpul PRS Gen3. They weighed about the same, but the MDT moved my balance point backwards due to that chunk of aluminum back by the buttpad.

Just so you know, the Magpul PRS didn't offer enough height because mine had a full top rail and the scope had to be in high rings.

One way to get from carbine to fixed style attachment is one of their folding adapters

Good info on the PRS not being tall enough. Did you have trouble getting the bolt out with either? I read one review where that's an issue.

No the bolt came out ok. Mine was actually a Savage Stealth Evolution which is mostly like the LSS-XL Gen2 with the rifle stock interface and a full top picatinny rail. That was most of the problem and wasn't an issue if I left it off and mounted my scope lower.

I ended up swapping the PRS stock for a folding adapter and a short SRS MDT stock that I got with their last years black friday sale. It was nice, but overall too heavy so I sold it and bought a Sig Cross.

I had one of their Skeleton Carbine stocks on mine which replaced a Magpul PRS Gen3. They weighed about the same, but the MDT moved my balance point backwards due to that chunk of aluminum back by the buttpad.

Just so you know, the Magpul PRS didn't offer enough height because mine had a full top rail and the scope had to be in high rings.

One way to get from carbine to fixed style attachment is one of their folding adapters
I believe they make a non folding option for this exact purpose too, if you dont want the LOP boost.

https://mdttac.com/buttstock-interface-adapters/ fixed to carbine, carbine to fixed - based on how the chassis was ordered in its original setup.