• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT HNT26

Hecouldgoalltheway

Your mom's favorite shit poster
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2009
    West TN
    I searched for a discussion, but didn't find anything. They've been out for long enough now that people should have fairly well worked out opinions on them. What's the good and the bad? Are they worth the price? Thank you.

I broke the grip and I’ve broken the forend. I had an early version. MDT replaced both no questions asked. The screws that hold the foreend on need to be tight. Check them frequently. I did bed the action and the recoil lug was a little weird to bed but it worked.
    I really like this chassis, it eat recoil.
    I shoot a 6.5cm in nrl hunter open light class.

• Wow
    Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    When you broke those parts, was it serious impact, or instances one could reasonably expect on a rough hunt?

The forend was and still is usable. The arca rail cracked at the very end. I just ran my bipod back an extra 1.5”.
    The grip was a different story. If memory serves it delaminated and was floppy. It wasn’t stable enough to level my gun. It also broke by leveling my gun while shooting prone (not at a match just at my practice spot)
    That said I’ve beat the living shit out of this gun and have not had any issues beyond those 2. Would have no issues taking it on a long hunt

Do you feel like the design gives you chasis level stability, even without the weight?

The QD on my forend has come loose on the side I use, but is still holding. I can send it in for a replacement. Just need to get around to calling for the RMA number. Otherwise, it's a very nice lightweight chassis. I would not hesitate to buy another.

It's on my list for a lightweight 300 blk build, but have read reviews about the arca getting easily torn up and getting an aluminum arca mlok is recommended. I have no experience with the chassis. Good thread op.

It's on my list for a lightweight 300 blk build, but have read reviews about the arca getting easily torn up and getting an aluminum arca mlok is recommended. I have no experience with the chassis. Good thread op.
    Do you know what the arca is made of? Is it carbon fiber?

Do you know what the arca is made of? Is it carbon fiber?
    Yea, cf.

Local shop does a recoil lug fix if anyone is curious. I don’t have a HNT26

IMG_4979.jpeg

I have tons of miles on mine, via sling, pack and atv. Hunted all over Wa, Or, ID and Mt.
    I love it.
    I run it on my hunting rifle all fall and winter and on my vudoo all spring and summer.

Attachments

• 280CF13F-D56C-411A-921A-015170589B94.jpeg
      280CF13F-D56C-411A-921A-015170589B94.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 65
    • 47A55E91-9E6B-4027-9E09-D4F36FE31B4F.jpeg
      47A55E91-9E6B-4027-9E09-D4F36FE31B4F.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 64
    Worked fine on my 204 Ruger. Got a few yotes last fall with it.
    Decided to put it on my 7 SAW, didn’t work out, forend got loose twice causing big zero shift, it’s also a bitch to shoot, don’t like the recoil impulse, even tried one of the new fancy 3d printed honeycomb recoil pad and didn’t really improve. Manners LRH and MPA ultralite were much better at soaking the recoil and I’m definitely more accurate with these. I don’t even know how guys shoot 300 PRC on that chassis but they must be better shot than me.

Couldn’t trust it for bear hunting this spring so it’s going back on 204R and the 7SAW is going back to its MPA ultra lite.
    The design on the HNT forend is a bit weak to be honest, it’s held by tiny screws that you want to be careful not to overtorque but if you shoot a lot, they can end up loosening due to recoil. I’d prefer a 1 piece design, maybe the next generation will solve that. Also I didn’t like the carbon fiber grip, swapped to an Ergo.

Went with a pork sword for my 300 BLK with the new arca forend. I actually like it quite a bit. Lightweight, balanced great and feels rock solid.

The QD on my forend has come loose on the side I use, but is still holding. I can send it in for a replacement. Just need to get around to calling for the RMA number. Otherwise, it's a very nice lightweight chassis. I would not hesitate to buy another.
    Mine came loose as well. They sent me a new forend straight up.

It appears the QD cup is just a press fit. I feel like they should go with some sort of two piece deal to sandwich the forend.

My complaint with the HNT26 Arca dovetail is that it's not to RRS 1.5" spec. It's kind of loose. I ended up getting a custom rail made by Sawtooth Rifles that fits the 4.5 MLOK slots on the bottom of the HNT26 forend. That rail should be on the Sawtooth Rifles site and it has RRS-Lock for additional measure - https://www.sawtoothrifles.com/product/r-lock-arca-dovetail-rail-mdt-hnt26/

You guys are making me happy they didn't have what I wanted.

So it sounds like skip the arca rail and add aluminum, and bed the recoil lug.

I have two of them and haven’t had any issues as of yet. Hunted with one in a 7 saum and then switched it to a 22 creed for coyote season. Love everything about it. I did switch the grip right away to the elite as that’s what I’m used to. I have one on a 300 win mag but haven’t shot it much yet. I have not experienced any zero shifts with either of them so far.