• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT TAC21 Chassis system

kombayotch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2007
New chassis system for the M700 being made in Canada:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533750

1N9Q3860.jpg

2N9Q3846.jpg

2N9Q3894.jpg

Re: MDT TAC21 Chassis system

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Modular Driven Technologies is pleased to introduce our Flagship product; the TAC21 Modular Chassis system for the Remington 700 Short Action. The Chassis system features:

-Aircraft grade aluminum construction
-Type II Milspec Anodizing
-20 MOA built in rail 1913
-Accepts AICS magazine in .223 or .308
-Accepts most commonly available AR15 stocks and pistol grips
-Lightweight, free-floating modular for-end, will accommodate barrels as thick as the action.
-Action sits in a V Block, works with most recoil lugs including OEM.
-Holes for bolt on 1913 rails
-Easy installation
-With or without factory safety</div></div>

well i have just been talked out or an XLR stock. put a PRS on there and bam

That looks very nice, would like to find out about price and availability.

The forend looks a little short and the sight offset is pretty big. Looks promising though.

I'm not selling this or involved in it's development and this is the only other information they've added:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eta:Rifle pictured sits at 14 lbs with a 22" Medium Palma contour barrel, Incuding scope and bipod. Action is not glued in but a TR beta tester has indicated that he may glue in.

Here's a few pics to get us started, pricing and delivery times pending.We will have a first batch CGN special. Expected retail will be under 1K.Working on pricing for first run which will include a CGN special pricing. We will be taking reservations but NO money will be required until product is ready to ship. Expected deliver is 90 days. We have a half dozen prototypes in the field right now, some with local LEO for T&E. Rooster33 and Sparrow will be showing them around the lowermainland and the valley ranges.

Contact either Sparrow or Rooster33 or MDT directly here. </div></div>

If you want to know more, you'll have to PM the OP in the link above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks very nice, would like to find out about price and availability. </div></div>
+1 I like it a lot, more easy on the eyes than some of the other chassis systems out there.

I have to say, this one has peaked my interest. Will be keeping an eye out for when it is released to see what the price point is.

Hot damn! Now if only I could pick between this and an Eliseo RTS. I really like the tan with the A2.

It's made of aluminum, shouldn't be much worse than an AR-10...

I feel a .223 AI coming on with one of these. It looks like they finally made an appropriation for a regular safety, at least on the tan one.

Savage should take a look at that chassis as an example of how to make AR furniture work on a bolt gun.
It looks great and might tempt me out of my McMillan 223AI handle.

This is pretty cool. It resembles the Barrett 98B quite a bit, which is definitely not a bad thing. Hopefully the actual price will be $799 it's right in the same price as the XLR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's made of aluminum, shouldn't be much worse than an AR-10... </div></div>

Don't get me wrong, I like the tan one.

I ordered an XLR for a build I'm doing. Not sure if I would change if I had the time back. There is still something about the XLR I prefer. The TAC21, looks sweet, don't get me wrong, but it looks a LOT like an AR, I wanted something outside the box.

I prefer the rounded forend on the XLR. I don't do all my shooting off sandbags or prone off of a bipod. I like something a little friendlier on my grip. Still, it looks more rounded than an AI or McCree stock.

It's nice to start seeing more and more options for chassis for bolt guns. I'm not sure I'll ever need to bed a stock again - especially now that manners has a chassis that fits their stocks.

If they added another hole cut out for the handguard, the length would be more aesthetically pleasing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a fan. If you want that design, get an AR10. </div></div>

Agree 100%

Isn't this just a blocky, bulkier Tube gun?? At least that's what it looks like from those pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's made of aluminum, shouldn't be much worse than an AR-10... </div></div>

AR-10's are heavy.

Looks like a heck of a reach to the trigger....

I guess I'm just not sold on the chassis theory for the Rem700. I think it's fixing a problem that doesn't exist with a traditional stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's made of aluminum, shouldn't be much worse than an AR-10... </div></div>

AR-10's are heavy.

Looks like a heck of a reach to the trigger....

I guess I'm just not sold on the chassis theory for the Rem700. I think it's fixing a problem that doesn't exist with a traditional stock. </div></div>

Except you don't need to bed a chassis and often have much greater modularity and options. For me, the no bedding issue alone is enough to push me into a chassis. Torque it to the correct specs and shoot it.

Get a traditional stock with a Manner's mini chassis. Fixed.

What modularity do you need on a bolt gun? It's not a carbine. Just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a traditional stock with a Manner's mini chassis. Fixed.

What modularity do you need on a bolt gun? It's not a carbine. Just sayin' </div></div>

Spot On!!!

You can't hunt with and AR-10 in Canada, even though you can own them. Its probably more for looks than functionality though. It was likely designed to appeal to the tacticool crowd. Although, it's probably still more ergonomic than an AICS, at least for those of us with big mitts. I would welcome the longer trigger reach. The excessively short trigger reach in AI's stocks makes them unusable to me, and for the price their shit costs, they shouldn't be.

I'll stick with my McMillan A5s and Manners T4s in any case... I don't really see the point of modularity in a precision rig either. But, its something new, so I thought I would post it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a traditional stock with a Manner's mini chassis. Fixed.

What modularity do you need on a bolt gun? It's not a carbine. Just sayin' </div></div>

Spot On!!! </div></div>

Up until late last year or early this year, this was not an option.. You can still get into a McRee for alot less than a fiberglass stock with a chassis. And with more adjustability.. My McRee might not be the easiest on eyes, but it suit's me..

Since we are throwing opinions around, I'll put my 2 cents in.

I don't like most chassis. They do not support the receivers even close to the full bottom radius. Accuracy still may be there but while designing, why not go for maximum support and rigidity.

They get complex really quick with lots of spare parts and fasteners. They are usually heavy and they compromise a lot of asthetics for utility.

However, . . . I think this approach to the game is the best route. Tube style stocks are more rigid. Tube style stocks weather in and protect the action better. Monolithic rail setups are part of the design. Handling is as good as or better than the other "chassis" designs.

One other thing to consider is that any military users specifically want a stock that will help their snipers mix into the rest of the squad visually. During movement the snipers typically stick out like a sore thumb due to the unique visual signature of their rifles. Anthing that can help blend them into the rest of the squad while not penalizing performance is considered a plus.

While not in production, I designed and tested a similar stock to this about 6 years ago and believe in that basic layout.

I personally hate the feel and asthetics of these type stocks (including my own design) but feel that they do have a niche and also feel that they give up zero technical accuracy to a conventional stock.

Best regards,
Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a traditional stock with a Manner's mini chassis. Fixed.

I can't argue with the Manners mini chassis argument regarding bedding and such. That seems to be a really great product from manners.

As for modularity, it's not a big deal, but being able to put a different type buttstock on some chassis is nice, being able to move sling mounts to different places is kind of nice, being able to change the forend type is kind of nice.

I suppose you don't <span style="font-style: italic">need</span> modularity, but if I can have a modular stock that is as accurate as, and similar in weight to, a traditional stock without the need for bedding, I'm interested. Just because it's a bolt gun doesn't mean that options are bad.

As for the aesthetics, I guess I just don't care that much. I'd rather have it work well than look nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OZ Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> any more news on MDT TAC21???</div></div>

Search MDT Tac21 on YouTube, we have just uploaded some new videos. We will have these ready to ship in late January 2011. Regards,
Laszlo
MDT

Highly interested in this! I have a spare tree o ate in the closet that I ordered a base/rings for today to test the barrel. I've been throwing around the idea of the XLR or Mcree, etc and I like this option much much more. Any word on when we can get these?

They look gorgeous. Are they going to be hard to install? Will they require epoxy like the MAK Tubegun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seddo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They dont need to be glued in. There are ready for shipping. </div></div>

So then whats the price and where are these available???

Thanks,
~Reagan

I like it. I'm in the market for a new stock this year, and I want a Manners with DBM and paint, but that will be $1200 so that's out of the question. I'd also like the AX chassis once that's released, but the price on that will be way too much so I might have to look into these MDT Tac21s more.