• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT TAC21 Chassis system

Re: MDT TAC21 Chassis system

if you make it from scratch - can you make it to accept .308 P-MAGs?

or .223 AR-type mags for .223 version?

I like the looks of it and may try one if I can get my beaters on one. I am not a fan of the Chassis out there but this one has my eye. I do see that the best option for it would be a bottom safety trigger instead of the chassis with the cutout.

youtube content

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac[/video]

Thier Website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OZ Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> any more news on MDT TAC21???</div></div>

Search MDT Tac21 on YouTube, we have just uploaded some new videos. We will have these ready to ship in late January 2011. Regards,
Laszlo
MDT

</div></div>

What does it weigh? Are these going to be made available in the UK? If so, where from, what price and when?

Thanks,

Rich

Is there access to the safety selector while installed in this chassis? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Thanks!

SakoTRG FAN, the tan one in the second pic on the original post has a cutout behind the bolt for the standard Remington safety location. The other chassis pictured looks like it's made for a bottom safety (or no safety BR type) setup. I have an email in to MDT with a few questions on the chassis & will post up when I get a response from them.

The Tac 21 chassis has a RRP of $999CDN with a mag.
http://www.mysticprecision.com/wp/

-Aircraft grade aluminum construction 6061-T6
-Type II Milspec Anodizing
-20 MOA built in rail 1913
-Accepts AICS magazine in .223 or .308
-Accepts most commonly available AR15 stocks and pistol grips
-Lightweight, free-floating modular for-end, will accommodate barrels as thick as the action.
-For-end hole spacing to acomodate the Magpul L5(11slot) and L3(7slot) Rails
-Action sits in a V Block, works with most recoil lugs including OEM.
-Holes for bolt on 1913 rails
-Easy installation
-With or without factory safety
-Tac21 Chassis Weight: 3 LBS 0.5 OZ

Spoke with MDT via e-mail... Laszlo seems like a real nice guy & answered all the questions I had. They are working on getting a couple of US distributors lined up.

Also, the $999 is for the chassis without a buttstock or pistol grip.

mine turned up yesterday, i need some taller rings but other than that its ready to go.

IMG_2819-large.jpg

Does it require an action with a trigger based bolt stop or is it intended to work like tube guns with no bolt stop? Any reason someone couldn't mill a slot to accommodate an action with a side bolt stop?

Hello everyone!
Just a couple of notes on our Tac21 chassis system to clarify a few things.
1. It is for the Rem700 short action 223 or 308, right hand. Left hand version will be released towards the end of may 2011. This is also true for the Rem700 long action 338LM as well.
2. All Tac21 chassis come with the safety slot recess on the side to accommodate the factory safety.
3. Tac21 chassis also accommodates the factory bolt stop if you so choose to use it.
4. No GLUE-IN needed. However if you choose to Glue your action into the Tac21 chassis to squeeze every bit of accuracy out of your rifle, you do need to use a trigger with a bottom safety. You will still have the option to re-barrel your rifle as needed.
5. And finally Pricing for the US Market. MSRP is $900 without a magazine. as we are not allowed to ship magazines south we have discounted the Tac21 chassis system by the price of the magazine. Also made allowances for higher volume sales and currency Exchanges.

The magazines we are using (Accurate mags) are made in the USA, There is no need to get them shipped up here add taxes, duties and shipping on top and resell them in the USA. They are readily available for purchase at your local dealers or we can suggest a place where they can be purchased.

Currently they are available in a limited quantity for purchase in the US direct through MDTTAC. com or sales@mdttac. com

We have also sent one Tac21 chassis system for test and evaluation by Snipers hide/rifles only, so there should be a review on here fairly soon. Depending on how busy they are. It may also be available for purchase through them in the near future.
Hope this helps answer some of the questions.
Regards,
Laszlo
MDT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage should take a look at that chassis as an example of how to make AR furniture work on a bolt gun.
It looks great and might tempt me out of my McMillan 223AI handle. </div></div>

Savage model coming soon. The savage Reps I talked to were very impressed and welcome the Tac21 chassis system for their Rifles. regards,
Laszlo,
MDT

I love this stock, and I am planning to buy one.
among people who bought it, Do you have any feed back ?

One comment and one question.

Comment - Would rather mount my scope to the action not some chassis.

Question - Do you have to remove the action from the chassis to remove the bolt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No the end cap on the chassis come off. </div></div>

easily or..??.??

I was wondering that myself and watched the video from their site and it's a push pin for the end cap, looked easy as an HK type. The stock "buffer" tube (receiver extension) screws into the end cap like an AR. If using the collapsing stock, you could stake the castle nut like on an "M4"

My plans-lightweight bolt gun with irons and low power scope. Adding irons is as easy as 2 screws like an AR

To those not seeing the point of an AR-styled bolt action, consider us in Australia who cannot own semi-auto's, or most of us anyway.

Looks awesome. I might have to try one when it comes time to build a new rifle.

I wish they would make a end cap with a folding stock designed specifically for this chassis, for those that want the option of not using AR stocks... I like folders, and from an appearance standpoint, the ar stocks look like an afterthought on a chassis that is otherwise a very clean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: westford86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome. I might have to try one when it comes time to build a new rifle.

I wish they would make a end cap with a folding stock designed specifically for this chassis, for those that want the option of not using AR stocks... I like folders, and from an appearance standpoint, the ar stocks look like an afterthought on a chassis that is otherwise a very clean. </div></div>

I concur on that. Looks great but AR stocks on a bolt gun seem almost strange. Just my opinion though.

Does it require an action with a trigger based bolt stop or is it intended to work like tube guns with no bolt stop? Any reason someone couldn't mill a slot to accommodate an action with a side bolt stop?
Hi I know this is a really old post but did you ever get a answer to this or try it yourself?

I’ve been shooting with one for a year and really like it. Very stable and adjustable with the shorter skeleton buttstock that MDT sells. I was going to get the 15” MLOK handguard to round it off but I was able to snag my dream rifle, a Desert Tech SRS for a steal so the Tac-21 setup is going up for sale.
if you don’t mind the bulkier chassis I think they’re awesome.