• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT TAC21 or XLR Element?

TSears

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2013
Crestview, Florida
I'm looking to do a budget build on the Remington 700 platform and trying to decide on a chassis. I've narrowed it down to the two listed above, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

I'm looking for pros/cons and opinions on which one. Again, they were chosen due to a budget build (perks of being a cop). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm looking to do a budget build on the Remington 700 platform and trying to decide on a chassis. I've narrowed it down to the two listed above, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

I'm looking for pros/cons and opinions on which one. Again, they were chosen due to a budget build (perks of being a cop). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Not sure how you narrowed it down to those two, but I recommend to get behind every chassis you can.

I would stay away from the TAC21 due to its overall design. Takes more time to strip the rifle down if needed. Too many parts to bolt together in my opinion.

I have shot with XLR Evolution, Mcree, KRG, and a few others. I have owned several XLR Evolution chassis and have since switched to the KRG Xray. I love the XLR, but the KRG offering fits me so much better that I just had to ditch the XLR ( I have owned several).

I would highly recommend you look into the KRG offering and compare it to the XLR Element. Outside of thoese to you can also find an AI 1.5 for a decent price used although it is just not my cup of tea. Best advice I could give is to try out as many options as you can before you decide to buy based off what others report online.

Thanks for the input! I've been behind the evolution and element and have shot several mcree built rifles, but haven't messed much with the tac21 or krg. I'll take a look at the krg some more, but like you mentioned, the AI isn't really my cup of tea either

I would stay away from the TAC21 due to its overall design. Takes more time to strip the rifle down if needed. Too many parts to bolt together in my opinion.

How did you come to that conclusion? It takes 30 minutes to install the chassis, and the action sits tight in a v block which is integral to the chassis. The only other thing that is bolted together is the fore end. But it does not touch anything and is very solid.

The TAC21 has been tested extensively, and consistently increases accuracy of the rifle between 20% - 30%.
And this is not some small time testing. Some big companies have done the same. Remington would not build in this chassis if it hadn't been.

I've seen the LSS, just not a big fan of it, however, it's about the cheapest out there. The KRG is starting to grow on me a little now