• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Medal of Honor winner Peter Lemon

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    [h=1]Could Attorney General Jeff 'Troll' Sessions be wrong? Maybe good people do smoke pot.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Medal of Honor: Peter Lemon Was High on Marijuana, While Single-Handedly Fought Off Two Waves of Vietcong[/h]
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"392","title":"M60_2[1]","width":"696","src":"http:\/\/cdn.historycollection.co\/wp-content\/uploads\/2016\/08\/M60_21-696x392.jpg"}[/IMG2]
    Born on June 5[SUP]th[/SUP] 1950, Peter Charles Lemon is a recipient of the Medal of Honor for his gallant actions during the Vietnam War. As part of the US Army, Peter Lemon was part of the force sent to Vietnam to eliminate the threat of Communist forces. His actions there were not only full of bravery and selflessness but also came at a time when most people fail to grasp their sense of surroundings rather than fight off two whole waves of Vietcong. He was awarded the Medal of Honor on April 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 1970 while he was stationed in Tay Ninh Province.
    1297693189608_ORIGINAL.jpg
    Peter Lemon
    Peter Lemon however doesn’t keep the credit all to himself and dedicates the medal to three of his comrades who died fighting alongside him, Casey Waller, Brent Street and Nathan Mann. Lemon and his entire unit was busy partying, whereas he himself was stoned at the time their help was called in.

About the events that unfolded, Lemon says:

“we were all partying the night before. We weren’t expecting any action because we were in a support unit. It was the only time I ever went into combat stoned. You get really alert when you are stoned because you have to be.”

Born in Toronto, Canada, Peter Lemon, after serving his part in the US Army, got back into the academic world, getting a degree in Speech from Colorado State University in 1979. Two years later, he got a Master’s degree in Arts and Business Administration from University of Northern Colorado. For his extended interest in academics he was given the title of UNC’s “Humanitarian Alumni of the Year” in 1998. Interestingly, Lemon is the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] youngest living recipient of the award and furthermore the only US citizen of Canadian origin to be given the medal for his actions during the Vietnam war.

Career

Currently, Peter Lemon works as a motivational speaker. He has authored the book Beyond the Medal and also serves as an executive producer on Beyond the Medal of Honor, a PBS Special Series. Every high school in the US has been donated a copy of his book and documentary as inspiration to the young lot. In addition, Lemon has also had his fair share in business. He runs a number of corporations including the American Hospitality Association, Probus Inc. and Darnell-Lemon Inc. For his rich professional and personal achievements, Lemon was presented the Outstanding American by Choice award in 2009 by President Obama. He made history just by accepting this award as this was the very first time anyone was given this award by the President. He has also been inducted in the Ranger Hall of Fame.

NEXT >>

Perhaps if they had been more prepared for the attack instead of getting stoned none of them would have had to die. Since you were never in the service you may not know this, but sometimes it is not an easy choice for a CO to decide wether to put someone in for a medal or to court martial him.

Perhaps if they had been more prepared for the attack instead of getting stoned none of them would have had to die. Since you were never in the service you may not know this, but sometimes it is not an easy choice for a CO to decide wether to put someone in for a medal or to court martial him.

Fair enough, though he did address that as they were in a 'support unit". That in no way diminishes his valor at the time.

I don't doubt the bravery but attributing the marijuana - "You get really alert when you are stoned because you have to be” - kind of goes against all medical understanding of what THC does in the human system.

It may be a detail in the action but its not the main detail or even a contributing factor for someone to use in putting forward a false argument.

Im guessing whatever chemistry effects his MJ had on his system they were quickly overwhelmed by the fire hose of adrenalin that likely poured into his body when he was being attacked.

"Peter Lemon however doesn’t keep the credit all to himself and dedicates the medal to three of his comrades who died fighting alongside him, Casey Waller, Brent Street and Nathan Mann"

^^^^ This I think is what he wants people to remember about his action.

Last edited:
    I don't doubt the bravery but attributing the marijuana - "You get really alert when you are stoned because you have to be” - kind of goes against all medical understanding of what THC does in the human system.

It may be a detail in the action but its not the main detail or even a contributing factor for someone to use in putting forward a false argument.

Im guessing whatever chemistry effects his MJ had on his system they were quickly overwhelmed by the fire hose of adrenalin that likely poured into his body when he was being attacked.

"Peter Lemon however doesn’t keep the credit all to himself and dedicates the medal to three of his comrades who died fighting alongside him, Casey Waller, Brent Street and Nathan Mann"

^^^^ This I think is what he wants people to remember about his action.

I agree. I just found this an interesting story and I dont like Sessions.

Why don't we talk about how Lemon is one of 3,510 (of approximately 42 million GIs) to be awarded (not win) the MOH? Attaching personal BS to this is disrespectful.

Why don't we talk about how Lemon is one of 3,510 (of approximately 42 million GIs) to be awarded (not win) the MOH? Attaching personal BS to this is disrespectful.

I agree here, Ed. I should not have mixed the two. I just detest Sessions and his ilk.

I agree here, Ed. I should not have mixed the two. I just detest Sessions and his ilk.

Simply because he thinks marijuana is bad and should remain illegal?

Simply because he thinks marijuana is bad and should remain illegal?

Only partly. But Id rather deal with that in another thread, if at all. I should not have mixed the 2.

Only partly. But Id rather deal with that in another thread, if at all. I should not have mixed the 2.

Shame. He was a heck of a good Senator for my state, and I hated to lose him. Never once did I have to worry about writing him a letter because I always knew his vote was in line with my view right down the line, ESPECIALLY 2nd amendment issues. His interim replacement is less trustworthy, in my opinion, and we will struggle to find a permanent replacement anywhere near as good.

I just detest Sessions and his ilk.
    I'm glad we have an attorney general with both a pair and enthusiasm for his job of ENFORCING federal law. If the price to pay for that is that a few potheads suddenly are nervous, I'll gladly pay it.

Anyway, you show your maturity level by directing your anger at the man tasked with enforcing the law and not at the men tasked with making and repealing such laws.

Reactions: Tucker301
    I'm glad we have an attorney general with both a pair and enthusiasm for his job of ENFORCING federal law. If the price to pay for that is that a few potheads suddenly are nervous, I'll gladly pay it.

Anyway, you show your maturity level by directing your anger at the man tasked with enforcing the law and not at the men tasked with making and repealing such laws.

The simple concept lost on many today, thanks to BHO and his directives to not enforce certain written laws. If any special counsel is warranted it should be looking into his defiance of written laws on drugs and immigration.

PS: Shit show removed.

Yep

I completely understand what youre saying. Law is law. In his present position it is his job to enforce, not make, the law.

But there is also what is referred to as "The letter of the law and the spirit of the law." They are equally important and if one is compromised it harms both.

-What set me off on the man is when he said "Good people dont smoke pot." Thats kind of like saying "All blacks are stupid and dangerous."

-The individual this article is about seems to be a good person.

-I know of a couple persons who post here who have said they do.

-A reasonably large percentage of NFL players use it rather than become addicted to the opioids given by team physicians.

-In states where it has been legalized there is a demonstrable reduction in alcohol and meth related problms.

-There is documented evidence all over the internet about it helping children ad adults with epilepsy.

So my stand is that by making a blanket statement like that he is violating the "Spirit of the law." and pushing his own personal agenda on a country, which has shown a growing understanding of its medical value and acceptance for legalization.

Beyond that I really know little about the man and should have tempered my criticism with the above.

And Tucker, my objection to th laws against cannabis are an exception. I fully support enforcement of immigration law. If all the illegals were removed the unemployment rate should drop to nil, and # on welfare have a corresponding reduction.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Lets legalize all drugs.

Lets also enforce 100% accountability and responsibility.

No "treatment programs" no excuses. No methadone clinics, no counselors. Make your decision and live, or die, with it. Buy your own Narcan and hope someone will administer it.

You get hooked, you handle it.

You run a family over rolling high, you go to jail for life.

Legalizing this shit without accountability is just the govt creating more dependence. Growth of the nanny state through destroying people.

Last edited:
    Peter Lemon deserves his own thread unless you can tell me he wants to be the face of the 4/20 movement.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Lets legalize all drugs.

Lets also enforce 100% accountability and responsibility.

No "treatment programs" no excuses. No methadone clinics, no counselors. Make your decision and live, or die, with it.

You get hooked, you handle it.

You run a family over rolling high, you go to jail for life.

Legalizing his shit without accountability is just the govt creating more dependence. Growth of the nanny state through destroying people.

If one holds to a strict interpretation of the Constitution, which is but a framework fro the Declaration of Independence, which says "are endowed with certain unalienable rights and that among those are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" thats the bottom line.

Though from what Ive seen I would most strongly advise against meth, crack, heroin (unless youre in terminal pain),and the like, but as long as you pay your bills, take care of your family and dont fuck up, it should be your right.

My take is that our country is about freedom/liberty not control of the masses. If the masses are too stupid to earn and sustain it, they have every right to lose it.

Fuck up, pay for it.

Peter Lemon deserves his own thread unless you can tell me he wants to be the face of the 4/20 movement.

Ive said before that it was a bad mix. He certainly does.

If one holds to a strict interpretation of the Constitution, which is but a framework fro the Declaration of Independence, which says "are endowed with certain unalienable rights and that among those are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" thats the bottom line.

Though from what Ive seen I would most strongly advise against meth, crack, heroin (unless youre in terminal pain),and the like, but as long as you pay your bills, take care of your family and dont fuck up, it should be your right.

My take is that our country is about freedom/liberty not control of the masses. If the masses are too stupid to earn and sustain it, they have every right to lose it.

Fuck up, pay for it.

Give it a year. Darwin will take care of it. We will need street sweepers to pick up the numerous bodies at first but after the big die off the only ones left will be "functioning addicts" and those that don't use.

-What set me off on the man is when he said "Good people dont smoke pot." Thats kind of like saying "All blacks are stupid and dangerous.

So my stand is that by making a blanket statement like that he is violating the "Spirit of the law." and pushing his own personal agenda on a country,
    If your line of reasoning is what comes out of dopeheads, it should well remain illegal.

I agree with him.

ETA: there is no spirit to the law. Just words.

If your line of reasoning is what comes out of dopeheads, it should well remain illegal.

I agree with him.

Those were not my words....They come from a much higher authority. Going into it would violate the letter of the law here, so I will forgo it.

Yes.

Its "spirit" judges that decide to enforce law by "spirit" rather than what is written on the paper that really screw things up by overstepping their authority from "judging" law to "making" law.

If it's written wrong on the paper than it's a bad law.

Rewrite it, don't "re interpret" it.

Those were not my words....They come from a much higher authority. Going into it would violate the letter of the law here, so I will forgo it.

If anyone is pushing his personal agenda here on this issue, it isn't Sessions. Go look in a mirror to see who it is.

In any event, others will push their personal agendas in opposition to yours. Best get used to it.

I was high every time I jumped and the lifers hate that sort of thing. Really, all you need to do is stuff it in the bag and make sure the pilot chute is on top and sew it up. They just tell you it needs to be done properly. Same goes for the reserve. BTW, the support guys had the best dope. Can't do a damn thing without support.