• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meet my very own Voodoo! Been waiting a long time.

csdilligaf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
San Diego CA
dsmachinewerks.com
I've watched you guys with your fancy Voodoo V22 and wanted one so bad! Finally got the funds to get one and was so excited I had to post pictures before I even had a scope or shot it yet. The Bell & Carlson stock was not my first choice but it was laying around so its getting used for now. I will toss a what ever scope I have that's not being used for now but want the Bushnell 6-24X50 Match Pro or the Athlon Ares BTR . My Voodoo has a Shilen barrel and Bix trigger and have a bunch of various ammo to test and find what it likes. Cant Wait!
616273078.jpg
616273064.jpg

You are going to really enjoy that rifle they are a-lot of fun.

congrats now you can shoot it and tell us without one all about it while we drool over pics

I’m surprised no one has asked about where to get one of those custom machines bolt knobs. Lol

Nice!

If ordered from VGW, when was your order placed? I'm at the 6 week mark and the struggle is real 😅. I think they are running 8-10 weeks now?

I got very lucky that a friend ordered a barrelled action and was on the wait list but while waiting they announced the three lug single shot so I bought the repeater when he got it and he ordered the single shot. I think it was a 8-10 weeks out when he ordered as well. That's why I jumped at the drop of the hammer.
Thanks again Steve! So Happy to have one.

Nice!

If ordered from VGW, when was your order placed? I'm at the 6 week mark and the struggle is real 😅. I think they are running 8-10 weeks now?
I ordered May 8th and picked mine up Wednesday after it spent 8 days in the hands of UPS

Reactions: pkt1199
The bolt knob is one I make here in my shop. I always wanted a good looking skull bolt knob and over the last couple years trying different ones I finally found someone that does an investment cast Stainless Steel Skull that was the right size, detail and quality . I finish the machine work and make them fit and now with an awesome Voodoo I just had to put one on it. Another Voodoo owner had to have one too so I sent him one that was machined with a little extra length in the threaded stem and he did some delicate belt sanding and got it to fit.
And yes I think it is my favorite rifle all ready!

Reactions: Gjmen22 and STex
Talk to the OP about those super cool, machined bolt knobs

The bolt knob is one I make here in my shop. I always wanted a good looking skull bolt knob and over the last couple years trying different ones I finally found someone that does an investment cast Stainless Steel Skull that was the right size, detail and quality . I finish the machine work and make them fit and now with an awesome Voodoo I just had to put one on it. Another Voodoo owner had to have one too so I sent him one that was machined with a little extra length in the threaded stem and he did some delicate belt sanding and got it to fit.
Have you tried the skull knob with scope on rifle
How much clearance
Would like one if it clears ok
Yote

Surprisingly I like the feel of it. You feel the roundness of the top of the skull and your fingers curl under the chin nicely. Here is a comparison with a scope on. I think there is a little more room to move the thread boss out which would create more room yet. I will try one. Feed back is what I am looking for so keep it coming.
616438090.jpg
616438195.jpg

Attachments

• 616438158.jpg
    616438158.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 38
my smith is fitting mine on my axiom bolt today ill post some pics when i get it back.

chip you should get a few hundred rounds throuh that vudoo before you really try to nail down a good ammo...my vudoo took about 300 rounds before it settled down.

this is the place i was talking about for test lots and ammo....just call cathy shes real nice just tell her you need some test lots and youll buy a case when you find the right stuff.

and that shilen ratchet will shoot theres a reason those BR guys use them.

Welcome to the club! It is truly a pleasure to shoot. It is easily my favorite rifle. LOTS of ammo required (pun intended).

Congratulations!

Well I've been enjoying my Vudoo V22! I put Vortex Diamond Back tactical FFP 6-24 on it and like it so far. Wish it had zero stop though. I've shoot several of the suggested go to ammo but have a few Lapua that I'm trying to get my hands on to try. So far the SK Rifle looks promising grouping 5 shots at 50 yards about .265" ctc. Real happy I made the leap
Vudoo group.jpg

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I only use Lapua or Eley. I know it works. I had mine out to 400 yards yesterday. 60MOA got me out there.

Nice with SK but be interesting what it will do with Lapua. SK/old wolf seems so lot dependent on it it shoots.

Nice with SK but be interesting what it will do with Lapua. SK/old wolf seems so lot dependent on it it shoots.
Center X is lot dependent as well. The current lot of CX I have shoots noticably worse than my current brick of SK Long Range.

Lot testing at Lupua demonstrates that within Center X there is a big difference. Mine actually shot CX better than Midas +.
Well worth the 50.00$ I bought 2 cases just for my Vudoo. Though she likes most SK pretty well. I found that my V22 shoots better with a medium hold on her. She doesn't like a super soft hold.

Reactions: STex
Awesome looking rifle and it looks like it drives tacks. Great shooting!!!

I need one! PM me if you would like to sell me one. Thx
Gjmen22