• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mega Machine AR and MA-TEN Group Buy builds

George63

-
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
SE IA
Please post your builds here
I ordered the MA-TEN upper/ lower set for a rebuild (replacing a DPMS slickside set) so my build is complete already, this is the list:
Krieger SS bead blasted 22 in chambered in 7mm-08 with a fox brake
DSC08762.jpg

basic rifle length float tube with some rails installed
JB bolt, DPMS carrier (gas key sold separate)
NF NXS 5.5-22 x 56 moa moa, larue mount
DPMS handstop grip
geissele trigger
magpul PRS stock (for mil spec buffer tube)
standard AR 15 mil spec buffer tube
Buffer DPMS LR-308 Rifle and 308 rifle length buffer spring(midway)
larue/harris bipod
magpul BAD lever, various left over small parts
DSC08765.jpg

the BAD lever mounted with the included hardware/no drilling the paddle like on other .308 uppers, (I did have to bend it sightly away from the magwell) the fit between the barrel extension and upper was very snug, a little polishing with 320 emory paper and some oil and the barrel slid in. All the other holes required no fitting
DSC08763.jpg

This is a reply to a ? about using pipe insulation for a cheek rest (like shown)
I have two varieties one that is a little less than 1/4 in and the other a strong 1/2 in I just cut some 4 in lengths and set them on the stock in various combinations, getting down on the rifle each time until when I close my eyes and relax then open my eyes and have perfect sight alignment in the scope. if you find you are a touch low an extra sheet of moleskin is about 1/16 in for a little high some foams can be sanded. 6$ will buy 2 bags of foam (20 cheek rests) a can of good spray glue 12$ and moleskin 1 $/sheet so about 2$ each, to remove it just tear off the foam and clean up the glue with bore solvent
DSC08761.jpg

the length of pull is built up with cutouts from a rubber matt (ground up tires)

Re: Mega Machine AR and MA-TEN Group Buy builds

I'm building my MA-Ten rifle in 7mm-08 too. How long did it take you to get your barrel from Krieger?

about 5 months last year, this year should be less, if you call and they have the blank in stock the lead time should be reasonable.

I just received my set from the group buy and delivered Otto APA this week! I can't wait to get it!

I see you also did the easy mount BAD lever, do you have a parts list and any guidance for folks doing their builds?

My parts list is as follows:

- Rainier Arms 20" Ultra-Match barrel w/Armalite extension
- Rainier Arms low profile gas block
- Armalite BCG
- SWS E1 15" Handguard/Rail
- Magpul PRS .308
- Armalite buffer spring and buffer
- Geiselle S3G trigger
- Ergo Deluxe Grip
- Phase 5 EBR 2 bolt catch
- Bobro Engineering QD scope mount
- Troy BUIS
- SWFA SS 3-9x42 scope
- GG&G Extreme Duty Bipod

A couple of caveats for builders. If you choose to go with an Armalite barrel extension, be aware that the fit is extremely tight. I had to freeze the barrel overnight and heat the upper up with a heat gun. Even then, the last bit of fitting, I still had to use a piece of wood and a dead blow hammer to get the barrel all the way into the receiver. You'll hear some people suggest removing the finish from the inside of the receiver, which will make it easier to install, but Mega advises against doing this so I wouldn't do so.

On the bolt catch, it wouldn't depress far enough to reliably lock back the bolt. I had to snip half a coil from the bolt catch detent spring in order for it to depress far enough to reliably lock the bolt back. Other than these two issues, my build went without a hitch.

below, in my sig. ill get a bigger pic later. it wasnt done so the screws arent all in there

5255851529_b2ecdb595b_b.jpg

its the MA10, dpms parts kit, timney trigger, ACE Socom stock, the long one. black hole weaponry barrel, 18" 3 groove polygonal rifling, rifle length gas port, JP adjustable lo-pro gas block. 1 in 11 twist on the barrel. threaded 5/8"-24. DPMS BCG. badger stabilizer. generic scope mount from ebay, $35 and a 1-4x millett DMS scope

Outstanding pictures!!! I should have my Rock Creek barrel customized by Predator Custom Monday/Tuesday and the reamining parts in the next week or so. Hope to have pic's of my build and some of the others from the recent group buy showing up soon (George beat us all to it GREAT work).

I'm surprised there haven't been more builds popping up. Here is my setup I finally got assembled after returning CONUS this last week.

IMG_0279.jpg

- Mega Monolithic rifle length upper
- Mega billet lower
- RRA NM 2 stage trigger and LPK
- KNS anti-walk pins
- White Oak Armament SPR barrel in .223 Wylde
- Rainer Arms low profile match gas block
- Daniel Defense BCG
- Magpul UBR stock
- Ergo grip
- IOR 2.5-10x42 FFP
- ADM Recon mount
- GG&G Bi-pod

Just during zeroing it was printing MOA with crap PMC ammo and not a lot of effort. It should do much better with some match grade rounds. This thing turned out exactly how I want. Only thing I'm thinking of changing is slapping a USO 1.8-10 on it.