• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Mega Machine MA TEN questions

daveog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I'm sure this has been covered, but a quick search didn't yield me any results.

Does anyone have any info on the MA TEN from Mega Machine? I'm considering building a 308 and using their matched receivers because they seem like good quality and billet, are DPMS compatible, and inexpensive. What's the concensus on these receivers?

Thanks!
Dave

Re: Mega Machine MA TEN questions

That's good to know. What else did you use in your 260 build and how is it shooting?

I was going to do a 7mm SAUM build on the Monolithic upper, but I don't know how I would like such a short rail with a 26" barrel.

Doesn't the Monolithic upper only have about an 11.5 or 11" rail, which would leave some exposed gas tube if you had a rifle length gas system?

Also, the Monolithic set is a bit spendy...not completely outrageous if you "know a guy" but still...not cheap.

PRS stock, JP forend, DPMS 24" 1:8.5 twist, Geissele trigger, ADM 20 moa mount w/vortex PST 4-16 50 FFP/Mrad. Working on developing load now, H4350 vs. R17/etc, never loaded for a semi auto before this, I think I'm tracking though, we'll see here shortly.

www.bbshooting.com

Dave is a friend of mine and is a MAJOR player with Mega Arms stuff.

Give him a call.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.bbshooting.com

Dave is a friend of mine and is a MAJOR player with Mega Arms stuff.

Give him a call.

John </div></div>

Dave's a great guy. I bought my Mega upper/lower plus some other parts from him. First rate.

I have a mono Ma-Ten, its a full length rifle rail so if you had a rifle length barrel the gas block would be exposed but at most a 1/4" of tube (Armalite barrels have longer gas systems than DPMS)

As for the OP, close to IRA quality billet receivers, close to DPMS receiver prices. IOW, buy, buy, buy; build, build, build!!!

MA10 is nice. look down. great quality, great fit & finish. you can buy a set for the price of the mono upper, but its cool looking

Excellent quality kit! I built mine and also ran a large group buy (still selling if interested). All feedback I have recieved from the folks that part Mega items has been very positive

I built mine with a Noveske rail and fluted Afghan barrel, and an Armalite BCG. Couldn't be happier with it. I've also used the Mega AR 15 receivers to do builds. Their stuff is top quality and a good value. I think you'll find it to be an excellent choice to base your build on.