• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mega Receivers now available

Nice to see the Mega stuff back, but either my memory is terrible, or they have gone "full retard" on pricing compared to what they used to go for . . .

Same exact part numbers as prior, so I would expect them to be identical to the old ones.

Last edited:
Nice to see the Mega stuff back, but either my memory is terrible, or they have gone "full retard" on pricing compared to what they used to go for . . .

Same exact part numbers as prior, so I would expect them to be iddentical to the old ones.
In case you haven’t noticed, the whole gun industry has gone full retard. Raw materials are expensive and hard to come by right now.

Awesome, and about time! Not that I need more since I have sets to build yet. Yeah, cost is a bit more, but once some get to retailers, might see some better prices. I still would buy it at that price since these sets are spot on and worth every cent.

Awesome, and about time! Not that I need more since I have sets to build yet. Yeah, cost is a bit more, but once some get to retailers, might see some better prices. I still would buy it at that price since these sets are spot on and worth every cent.
I agree here! I had built an extra upper on a Mega billet part, and went to finish it with a matching lower, just to find they were gone everywhere. Hopefully, can keep it from being a long term orphan!

Same exact part numbers as prior, so I would expect them to be identical to the old ones.
Marginally higher, but consdering demand, materials cost, and the fact that pricing is MSRP, seems right in line w/ expectations. Not for me, but good to see them back.

The fit may be there but the finish looks like shit, they've gone downhill in that dept.
They will not match up with prior Mega finishes..
It appears that they're on the their third or fourth finish and depending what year your receivers are they may or may not match.

The fit may be there but the finish looks like shit, they've gone downhill in that dept.
They will not match up with prior Mega finishes..
It appears that they're on the their third or fourth finish and depending what year your receivers are they may or may not match.
I think with anodizing there are 10k variables that affect the outcome of the finish. All of the mega stuff I have (a lot) is mainly dark, semi shiny and really smooth. I have a couple of forged ones that are a little more flat and not quite as black. Either way I ordered a pile of them so I’ll let you know lol.

Reactions: long range sponge
I was lucky enough to snag a left over Mega lower back when they were originally discontinued, at a sale price no less. No uppers were available at that time, but the VLTOR MUR works great on it. Finish doesn’t match exactly, but I couldn’t care less.

Well shit. This is going to cost me. Time to build the 6CM upper.

It is a shame they went to 6061 and charge a lot more. 6061 raw cost has not gone up much over the last 5 years. In fact I had paid within 10% for the same blanks over the last 60 months. There is a difference in the older original 7075 mega wedgelock rails are far as fit, finish, and overall stiffness.

It is a shame they went to 6061 and charge a lot more. 6061 raw cost has not gone up much over the last 5 years. In fact I had paid within 10% for the same blanks over the last 60 months. There is a difference in the older original 7075 mega wedgelock rails are far as fit, finish, and overall stiffness.
Where you seeing that? Zev website says machined from 7075

While you’re not wrong about anything you said, I can tell you that the cost of machining coolants has climbed a lot since 5 years ago.

Honestly I assumed they were 6061 like the Zev rails and rebranded SanTans were after Mega acquired by Zev. Regardless the price hike is a bit absurd IMO.
I’m not sure what the Zev hand guards are honestly, they might be 6061, website only says type 3 hardcoat anodized. But the Zev receivers are also 7075. I have a full size Zev with a 17” hand guard that uses the wedge lock. Thing is as solid as can be.

While you’re not wrong about anything you said, I can tell you that the cost of machining coolants has climbed a lot since 5 years ago.
I agree with that based on conversations I have had with the aerospace guys that machine my stuff, however I don't believe that translates into the price hike we are seeing. Bottom line is they are capitalizing off of the market, which I don't have a problem with. I just vote with dollars and buy products from other manufacturers.
I’m not sure what the Zev hand guards are honestly, they might be 6061, website only says type 3 hardcoat anodized. But the Zev receivers are also 7075. I have a full size Zev with a 17” hand guard that uses the wedge lock. Thing is as solid as can be.
My comment was directed at their rails not their uppers/lowers. I use mainly SanTan and Seekins stuff since Mega was "bought". SanTan has Zev build their rails and they are 6061 at least from what I was told by credible source. I notice the difference from their new Zev rails compared to my old Megas.

Mega also used a Ti barrel nut and Zev was using steel. Not that it matters, but we both can agree their is a significant cost difference and weight difference from each of those materials.

All I'm saying is I prefer either the old Mega stuff, SanTan, or Seekins for my money.

Maybe after all this crap calms down their pricing will too... I won't hold my breath though.

Zev went cheap on the rails. Ti and 7075 went away.

I did not think the old MML handguards were 7075? Only the wedge lock?

I like Mega's design but man they sure like to put "MEGA" on their stuff as big and non discreet as they can. Kinda gaudy.

Does anyone even make 7075 handguards? I've heard people say the SLR rails are 7075 but their site only mentions the barrel nut being 7075.

LMT’s monolithic receivers and therefore the handguard are 7075.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Nice have to keep an eye out! That said I never liked the MML setup, I have one .223 built on a 14" MML receiver/handguard and there's a lot of flex in the handguard.

rENvNMq.jpg

I ordered a Zev Maten MML upper. It fits my old Mega Maten lower just as tight as my old uppers. MML handguard is backward compatible, no changes there, so my new 16" MML handguard fits my old MML upper. In the pic the upper on the bottom is the new Zev, old Mega on top; you can see the newer one is more of a rough gray finish, whereas the old one is a beautiful satin black. Also, on the Zev upper & handguard the T markings on top are not white color-filled.

rENvNMq.jpg

I ordered a Zev Maten MML upper. It fits my old Mega Maten lower just as tight as my old uppers. MML handguard is backward compatible, no changes there, so my new 16" MML handguard fits my old MML upper. In the pic the upper on the bottom is the new Zev, old Mega on top; you can see the newer one is more of a rough gray finish, whereas the old one is a beautiful satin black. Also, on the Zev upper & handguard the T markings on top are not white color-filled.
Thanks for the update and the photo.

Thanks for the photo they sold out of most items the other day, but had more receiver sets available as of 30mins ago.

rENvNMq.jpg

Yeah... Ugh...! I can't stand the new Zev "textured" finish. Pic rail machining on the Zev upper doesn't look as clean and well-detailed as the original Mega upper either. Bummer they couldn't have just left well enough alone. :cautious:

Yeah... Ugh...! I can't stand the new Zev "textured" finish. Pic rail machining on the Zev upper doesn't look as clean and well-detailed as the original Mega upper either. Bummer they couldn't have just left well enough alone. :cautious:

I agree the OG Megas were just perfect. Normally I wouldn't be picky but when paying a premium...

rENvNMq.jpg

Is the bottom one that grainy in person or is the camera slightly out of focus on the Zev?

No shipping status on the recievers I ordered. Put in the FFL info and no word back yet. I didn't see a email address to send the FFL to either which is kinda weird

I spoke to a lady a Zev yesterday and she mentioned that they experienced an influx of new orders with the release of the Mega parts and are working to get everything shipped. I also asked her about FFL info and she stated that as long as I had filled out all the info during the checkout process, that they would actually call the locations to request the FFL license, should they not have one for them on file already.

Received an email earlier today that their live inventory wasn’t accurate in keeping up with orders. Even though my items showed as in stock, it may be June before they actually ship.

Yup, my lower and upper forged are “backordered”. June at the latest lol.

What happened to the SF-MATEN? I see references to it still made by ZEV, then can’t find it on their site.

iu

iu

Reactions: Jsp556
1) Theyre not 6061, theyre 7075.
2) $480 for matched billet set is not much more than they were before Zev bought them. I have a receipt from 2014 and a billet matched Mega set was $400. 19.5% increase over 7 years (especially considering this market) is not absurd.

1) Theyre not 6061, theyre 7075.
2) $480 for matched billet set is not much more than they were before Zev bought them. I have a receipt from 2014 and a billet matched Mega set was $400. 19.5% increase over 7 years (especially considering this market) is not absurd.
The "wedgelock" rail under the Zev name is 6061 and the private label rails for SanTan are also 6061. These were originally 7075 from Mega, and the barrel nut was Titanium and now is steel. On your comment about a 20% increase, I vote with my wallet and simply won't buy them at that price.

Reactions: camocorvette
The "wedgelock" rail under the Zev name is 6061 and the private label rails for SanTan are also 6061. These were originally 7075 from Mega, and the barrel nut was Titanium and now is steel. On your comment about a 20% increase, I vote with my wallet and simply won't buy them at that price.
I doubt they will miss your business. There are plenty who will.

Do you not agree costs increase over a 7 year period?
Even if their prices only kept up w/ inflation, they would still be $452.70 today (and thats comparing price paid in 2014 vs MSRP today). Factor in artificial raw material price increases and im surprised they dont charge at least as much as Seekins ($508)

Reactions: LRRPF52 and Blazin