• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta 1-4x Meostar Question

Th3w01f

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, CO
This may be a stupid question but here it goes.
smile.gif
I recently purchased a used Meopa Meostar R1 1-4X22 and after getting home I noticed that the objective lens is about 3.5 – 4” inside of the tube. Is this normal for this scope? I’ve never seen another scope with the objective lens mounted so deeply.

To add to my paranoia I noticed “chybi(j) okular” written in pencil on the inside box. In Czech chybi(j) seem to translate into ‘missing’ and okular seems like it would be referring to optics.

Other than that everything seems great; I just thought I’d check since I’ve never seen another scope like this.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Meopta 1-4x Meostar Question

Several hours of looking and I still can't find anything. I can't even seem to find a pic taken from the front of the scope.
smile.gif

It's normal, it's a non-removable sunshade.

My first and second K-dot were the same, along with every other review I've seen on it.

The newer K-dot are only shorter because that part is missing.

Yep, it's normal. Shot one for 4yrs and regret selling it. The sunshade actually helps to protect the lens. I shot mine in 3gun and the sunshade shielded the lens on many occasion when shooting from a roll over prone in mud/dust. I think it also aids in keeping the dot nice and bright, even in the brightest sun. Great optic (like the original better than the new ZD Mdl.).

Hello, I actually work for Meopta USA and wanted to let you know the recessed objective lens is part of the design. The integral sunshade assists in keeping the lens clean and shaded. If you ever have a question please feel free to contact me at 631.436.5900 x336 my name is John. I hope you enjoy the scope in good health.