• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Meopta LRF Bino’s

Crews

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2017
    Hallsville, Tx
    Seeing that Meopta has some LRF binoculars out on the market now. To date folks have been forced to choose between alpha glass at a king’s ransom, or great laser/software interface with an abysmal viewing experience.

New product from Meopta might have a chance to find that balance, or no? I have yet to find a source that mention the beam divergence for these units… does anyone know? I don’t care if it ranges 2,000 yards, but I would like to get some idea how it performs <1k in real world hunting situations where there is flat land, tall grass, and loops through vegetation.

I haven’t put the LRF part to the test just yet, new baby so I haven’t been out in the field for a few weeks. I can say the glass quality is very nice to my untrained eyes. For reference, I found the Sig Kilo’s absolutely terrible and Leicas (obviously) very nice. These Meoptas are a whole lot closer to Leica than Sig.

dude, meostar glass is meopro glass with different coatings. I have no idea how they can justify charging so much more for their premium line when it performs on the same level as their budget line.

that being said, Meopta makes nice glass. It is not Alpha Zeiss/Swaro/S&B quality, but it is about as good as 25 year old alpha glass, and far better than a lot of the big name stuff out there that people throw away money on.

I noticed that the Optika HD binos without the rangefinder sell for about a quarter of the price of the LR. Is that the level of glass quality you're getting in the LR?

I have a set. I also have their 12x50 and 15x56. Personally love their glass for the price. Not super impressed with the LR tho. I'm actually going to send them back after this hunting season to have them look them over. First issue is the focus only occuring in the 1st third of focus wheel movement. Meaning I can focus from 10 yards to 5 miles in the first third of the total focus wheel rotational movement. The rest of the movement moves the focus past even what's needed for stars. The other is the yard conversion seems wrong. My ranges weren't matching with hunting buddies and I figured just variation. But when I went to an outdoor archery range that had meter and yard targets out to 100m all the meter readings lined up within a few tenths of a meter but the yard readout I was up to 8 yards off. I ranged with the meter setting and did a conversion and got a different yardage than what was displayed...so I think mine is either really special or there is an issue with the yard conversion