• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta Meopro Rifle Scopes

creekchub1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2011
had the opportunity to look at a few rifle scopes yesterday. the first on was a nite force, and i want to tell you if i had the coin it would be the one going on my rifle. but i had to look at a more budget minded scope... i was shown the Meopta Meopro 3x9x40 and it was from what i could tell a very quality scope for the reasonable price.
so i did some research at home and came up with limited information or reviews. my question for your forum members has anyone had the opportunity to put this scope through the paces and what kind of review does it get?

Re: Meopta Meopro Rifle Scopes

Talk with Alex Roy of Euro Optics about these scopes - he's a Meopta dealer & can answer the questions you have.

I have no field experience with Meopta scopes, but I have never heard a bad thing about them - supposedly very good glass!!!

I had an R1 4-14x44mm Mil-Dot a couple years ago. The glass was excellent. However it had an adjustable objective and the turrets were not exposed tactical style. Back then, I purchased the scope for about $600.00. Was definitively worth the money. But with all the range changes I was making I switched to a NightForce. If the AO and regular hunting style turrets don't bother you; then you can't go wrong. PAT.

Creek,

I have that scope on my 300 WSM hunting rifle and have been very pleased. A buddy of mine has one of their spotters and I like it a lot.

pc

I've got an Artemis 3000 3-9x42 with 30mm tube (I think the MeoPro succeeded this line?) that came on a used Savage .204 and the scope is very bright and VERY clear.

I've tried to sell it a couple times recently as I want more magnification than 9x for target/varmint shooting, but I'm now torn on keeping it and putting it on a hunting rifle due to its low-light capability.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talk with Alex Roy of Euro Optics about these scopes - he's a Meopta dealer & can answer the questions you have.

I have no field experience with Meopta scopes, but I have never heard a bad thing about them - supposedly very good glass!!! </div></div>
i believe i talked with him at the deer and turkey expo. he was the one that turned me onto that scope!
thanks for the replies so far!

I have a R1 Tactic 4-16x44 Mildot too, on a 700P I use for target shooting match at 300 meters here in Italy... Very good glass... With it I got my best scores... in medal zone.
smile.gif

i shot one once at 1000yd, the scope had diamonds for mildots, it tracked well and was very crisp and clear......30mm tube it is a go for me

I have the 3x12 Meopro on my 6.5 x55 ackley and am quite happy with it. Had several meopta's before, all seemed to be very good.

I also have a R1 Tactic Meopta Meostar 4-16x44 Mildot and it is a great piece of glass. It is very bright and clear. The adjustments dials could be more positive but not still are not bad. I purchased mine some years back for $600.00 and at that time I bragged about it to whomever would listen. At the price I paid forit, it was a good bang for the buck.

Took a Meopta Milstar 4x16 to Namibia in 2009 on a plains game hunt. Took pounding around in the safari truck with nary a problem. Most shots in the 200 meter range, and the scope put a 30-caliber hole exactly where I had it pointed. I'm taking it back to Africa on the next plains game hunt. It accounted for three warthogs, one 53" kudu, one gemsbok, one jackal, one Burchell's zebra and one red hartebeest.

Meopro is a classic line. Why don't you check out Meostar or ZD series? They are brighter than any US made scope, quite robust and reasonably priced.