• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta optika 6 vs Nightforce SHV

kyzim311

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2020
    Ohio
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen and happy Thanksgiving.

I am looking for a new scope for my 6.5 PRC rifle and have narrowed down to either a Meopta optika 6 4.5-27 or a Nightforce SHV 5-20. This is mainly a target scope, but also might pop a couple groundhogs from tie to time so want to keep the weight reasonable. Any input on both or why one is better than the other?

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. IMO, The NF is a much higher quality (in every way) to the Optika6
    I cannot find much comparing these two optics, so thanks for your help. There is also a price difference, so I would expect the Nightforce to be a bit better. Is it worth the extra money?

If you are the type of person to buy quality and enjoy it for years, then yes, absolutely. If you like to constantly trade out and play with different optics then give it a go

Reactions: Jsp556
    The Night Force SHV is a better scope between the two, and they are built like a tank and have better glass. I do believe it also has more elevation and windage adjustment.