• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

meopta optika 6 vs tract toric

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
So I've narrowed my scope selection down to 2

Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 MRAD on eurooptic for

Tract Toric 4-25x50

both are with military discounts

In terms of glass quality, reticle, build quality, etc

Which of these 2 would ya'll recommend? This is going on a MPA 6mm creedmoor shooting 115 DTAC around 2950 fps probably max engagement distance at like 1200-1300 yards

I owned a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm.

It was a good scope.

I have never owned a Tract Toric.

If I were in your shoes I would choose the Tract due to superior windage and elevation knobs and I think they are made by LOW.

-Stan

I owned a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm.

It was a good scope.

I have never owned a Tract Toric.

If I were in your shoes I would choose the Tract due to superior windage and elevation knobs and I think they are made by LOW.

-Stan
The only video I’ve seen on the meopta was Ilya a few years ago. He said the knobs were really good, but I’m not sure the difference in tactile field between the two of them. I would assume they probably have decently similar glass?

The only video I’ve seen on the meopta was Ilya a few years ago. He said the knobs were really good, but I’m not sure the difference in tactile field between the two of them. I would assume they probably have decently similar glass?
Assumption of similar glass is probably reasonable.

I like the rotation indicator on the windage knob and that it is lockable and not capped.

-Stan

Assumption of similar glass is probably reasonable.

I like the rotation indicator on the windage knob and that it is lockable and not capped.

-Stan
For a second I thought you were talking about the elevation knob not locking. Yeah I think I saw in the video where he said the windage was not locking.

Never had a Meopta but got one of the Tract 4-25 a few weeks ago and it's a nice optic in that price range. I had a 4.5-30 a while back but sold it. I like the 4-25 better than the Tract 4.5-30 as it has a nicer eye box to get behind. I really like their reticle also. Very easy to use for holds. I have mine on my .22 as it has 47 mils of elevation but it will do fine on your centerfire too. Be aware though when unlocked the elevation knob gets pretty tall.

IMG_3875.JPG

Never had a Meopta but got one of the Tract 4-25 a few weeks ago and it's a nice optic in that price range. I had a 4.5-30 a while back but sold it. I like the 4-25 better than the Tract 4.5-30 as it has a nicer eye box to get behind. I really like their reticle also. Very easy to use for holds. I have mine on my .22 as it has 47 mils of elevation but it will do fine on your centerfire too. Be aware though when unlocked the elevation knob gets pretty tall.

View attachment 8338619
Yeah I think we talked about that. I’ve still been debating because my rifle project got pushed back so of course I’m going to keep thinking lol by the way, how is the Steiner?

Yeah I think we talked about that. I’ve still been debating because my rifle project got pushed back so of course I’m going to keep thinking lol by the way, how is the Steiner?

The Steiner T6XI 30x was a nice scope. Same reticle as the Burris Pro but different knobs. Smaller and locking. Glass is a step up from the Tract but it's also a price step up.

The Meopta scopes are incredible for their price.
Made in CZ and they are a glass manufacturer. I think that’s one of their best advantages over other scopes. No middle man.

The Meopta scopes are incredible for their price.
Made in CZ and they are a glass manufacturer. I think that’s one of their best advantages over other scopes. No middle man.
I heard they use Schott glass. Is that true?

Just picked up a 4.5-27 optika 6 with the RD FFP reticle, was on clearance for less than $700 bucks. Cant believe how nice that optic is for the price. First one ive seen in the wild. I love the reticle, fixes my main complaint with FFP on dual use optics, in that its totally useable at low power even without illumination one. Its not a ZCO or ATACR but in the sub 1k this is my new favorite for a "do it all" scope on backup rifles and such.

Why cant someone put a reticle like that in a non-chinese 2-12 optic with a smaller form factor for around 1k?

Reactions: Earnhardt
Just picked up a 4.5-27 optika 6 with the RD FFP reticle, was on clearance for less than $700 bucks. Cant believe how nice that optic is for the price. First one ive seen in the wild. I love the reticle, fixes my main complaint with FFP on dual use optics, in that its totally useable at low power even without illumination one. Its not a ZCO or ATACR but in the sub 1k this is my new favorite for a "do it all" scope on backup rifles and such.

Why cant someone put a reticle like that in a non-chinese 2-12 optic with a smaller form factor for around 1k?
Which reticle did you get? A tree with a horseshoe?

ILya

Change of topic real quick

Has anyone used the MPA Scope Mount or the Warne Scope Mounts and can vouch for quality?

I'd go with the Tract since it's LOW manufactured and they have a reputation for reliable optics as does Tract.

Some say the Meopta uses chinese parts, Meopta just says they're made in czech republic. Getting ahold of someone at Meopta is almost impossible via phone or email and is ultimately why I decided not to buy one.

so basically get whichever i can get the better deal on?

Yeah either will work for you. You can get some deals with Warne though EV if you can get on there and buying used in the PX can save you some on either.

So I've narrowed my scope selection down to 2

Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 MRAD on eurooptic for

Tract Toric 4-25x50

both are with military discounts

In terms of glass quality, reticle, build quality, etc

Which of these 2 would ya'll recommend? This is going on a MPA 6mm creedmoor shooting 115 DTAC around 2950 fps probably max engagement distance at like 1200-1300 yards
Please keep quoting the discount prices, that way, they'll stop offering them, since they typically ask you not to divulge them.

I don't have experience with Tract but I bought a Meopta Optika 6 5-30 last fall for $699 so I was glad I found that.

The main thing I didn't like is the turret housing doesn't have a revolution line indicator which was odd.

The main thing I did like was the glass IQ which is significantly superior compared to my Athlon Cronus G2 4.5-29, at least to my eyes. That's why I bought this scope was to see if this was true and it is to me.

I wanted a simple reticle this time. I like this MD3 reticle because it's a tad thicker than most reticles and it doesn't have numbers all over the place next to the vertical crosshair.

Quality wise the controls are fine except that the turrets have a small amount of lash, lines don't line perfectly with housing "but almost", and the turning tension is on the light side of feel. Honestly the turrets on my Athlon Helos G2 act superior in the ways I just described and fall way short than turrets on the Cronus.

I'm going to take a guess that the Meopta is going to come out ahead in glass vs Tract.

Change of topic real quick

Has anyone used the MPA Scope Mount or the Warne Scope Mounts and can vouch for quality?
MPA's scope mount looks more heavier/well-built in the photos. I dont have personal experience with it though.

Warne does manufacturer mounts for a lot of other brands as well, I believe Primary Arms is one?

I had a warne precision scope mount that I sold off, got a great deal, with the threaded slots to be able to mount accessories on the top or sides. I was really impressed with the overall product, overbuilt in some ways (4 locking bolts to mount to the rail) however, when I torqued the portion that clamps the scope in place (rings I guess?) to spec in their instructions, the screw heads began to strip almost immediately. Tried different bits as well, no difference.

To Warne's defense, when contacting them, they QUICKLY shipped replacements no questions asked, but drilling out a stripped screw on a scope mount isnt on my list of projects Im interested in tackling anytime soon, so I sold it and the replacement parts.

For the price I got the mount, it wasnt bad either, I could have even sourced higher grade fasteners elsewhere and it likely would have been a non-issue...but who wants to deal with all of that when theres other options readily available.

I’ve owned the 4.5-27 meopta and have a 5-30 currently. They’re solid choices in their price ranges, they lack some features but function as designed.
They’re a no frills scope with better glass than most in their price range. Tracking has never been an issue with them, the 5-30 sits on a 338 lapua and takes a beating like a champ.