• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta R1 Tactical 4x14x44

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
Anyone running this? I did a search and came up with nothing. My search abilities are lacking. I have one of their scopes on a hunting rifle and it definitely is the stuff at dawn and dusk. In my opinion the glass is better than my Nikon, Leupold, Nightforce, but it is on par with my Zeiss Conquest. This will be used on a switch barrel 223AI and a 300 Whisper for hunting and shooting out to 600 yards.

Thanks

Eddie

Re: Meopta R1 Tactical 4x14x44

I've used one, the glass is superb and you are exactly right it's on par with the zeiss conquest and is noticeably better than nikon/leupold, mostly in low light performance. Knobs and clicks are better than the conquest, but if I remember right it's also heavier.

Two things I didn't like about the mildot 4-16 version, first the mildots are diamonds, and pretty big diamonds so that was different. Also I never really liked the turret covers, prefer exposed turrets, both are personal issues really. One big plus IMO is that the AO goes down to 10-15 yards instead of the normal 50 yards many stop at. Doesn't come with a shade, but are available for about $10. Also the scope covers are a joke, so toss those out. Only other nitpick would be that there are no arrows indicating which way to rotate turrets visible from the shooting position.

For the $ you can do a lot worse.

I have a 4-16 and love it. When compared to my US Optics I can not tell the diffrence in the glass. In other words, the glass is some of the best in the world. It is clear and bright. It tracks perfect for me. 10 moa is 10 moa. I can click it all the up and all the way down and it will be right on. The target knobs are ok but not great. There's the good news, now here is the bad. The scopes only have 42 moa of adjustment in them. I put mine on a 20 moa base and that gives me all 42 of adjustment. I shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor and at 1000 yds I have used 21 moa and in my gun the scope will only get me to about 1500 yds. If you put it on a 308 without a 20 moa base you will run out of adjustment at about 700 yds. For the money it's a great scope. It just has some limitations.

Scott

Thanks guys, I just new it had to be a good product. I think it will be exactly what I am looking for. I'll might do a write up when I get it, that is, if I notice anything different than ya'll have already mentioned.

Thanks for the replies

Eddie