• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes meopta scopes

JJAK

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2018
looking for opinions on meopta scopes. have looked at a few at cabelas, they seem to be as good as anything i have seen.
their reputation on the net seems to be that they are a helluva scope for less money than the big names.
anybody have one , opinions or experience?
thanks

I had a mil dot meopro 6-18x I believe it was. For under 500$ when I bought it on sale several years ago it wasn't a bad scope. The moa turrets and mil dot reticle were kind of annoying but for an all around hunting scope It did fine. The meopro is the lower end scope.
not sure how the meopro compares to these scopes. cabelas calls them the "instinct" model, whatever that means. they appear to be not lower end glass. i think cabelas claims they use schott glass in these.

I have a Cabelas meopta and the box said meopta all over it and had a meopta manual.

Very good glass for what I paid for it on clearance. Haven’t tested durability at all. Haven’t mounted it so can’t go too in depth but glass is good.