• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meredith Rifles 6.5 x 47 L lefty on a Bighorn action....two great things ....

mrbungle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2013
clanton, al
I won a righty Jon Beanland/ Bighorn action rifle here on the hide. The finest rifle i had owned at that point. I loved the caliber and the action. Beanland makes lasers. and the bighorn action is smooth as silk..

But I am lefty, I wanted one sooo......

I recently collected all the parts i needed for my new lefty 6.5 build. I had heard good things about Meredith rifles here in Alabama. Talked to Tooter, friendly and knowledgeable guy. Gave him the parts and had a rifle in a little over a month.

this thing is awesome
specs.

6.5x 47 lapua
bighorn action
bertlien barrel.
mcree stock.
timney trigger
steiner scope
sphur mount.
atlas bipod.
26 inch barrel with brake and 2 1/2 pound trigger.
CeraKoted the barrel and action.

I took out for the first time yesterday. Loaded up the go to generic load for 6.5 x 47, 37.5 grains of varget on a berger 130 grain bullet with lapua brass. 2.80 OAL
got it sighted in. I am not a big believer in break in methods. i shoot a clean bullet followed by another clean bullet.

4 shots , sighted in at 100 yards. walked it out to 530...laser...

then did some chorno work , I am getting right under 2900 FPS with this load. can't wait to take it out to hardrock and take it out to a grand.

here is the rifle.....he even gave me a free t shirt...and who am i to turn down a free t shirt.....

001-150.jpg

002-167.jpg

003-139.jpg

first group i shot once re adjusted my zero..

5 shots. almost inside of a dime. not to shabby. should be punching bugholes with alittle fine tuning. i shot this group with a rear bag and bi pod off a bench.

group1.jpg

grouptwo.jpg

Very nice rifle. I would love to have a lefty Bighorn action to build off of.

Congrats on the new build!

Couple buddies with 6.5x47's are shooting well with 37/Varget/140 Hybrids.

Nice rig Bungle! I'm enjoying my Meredith too, and have only read great reports about Tooter's work. You may want to try slower burning 2000MR; I picked up 150fps with it plus more available than Varget. Are you going to use this to thin out the Ala deer herd as well?

here is my personal best group at a 1000 yards. one flyer out of 5. shot at hardrock in alabama. the black is 10 inches or one MOA.

hardroc.jpg

Congrats on a great looking and shooting rifle.

I tell ya what, the 6.5 Lap is a laser!! and soo easy to load for.

Charlie, do you have any load data for the 2000MR?

Jerid

Tooter is as good as they come. Everything he's done for me has exceeded my expectations.

BH I am using 41.5 gr PP2000 with Scenar 123 seated .005" off lands for 3050fps. Shot great to 1200yd. Great round and rifle builder.

thanks , guys.

you really can't go wrong with the 6.5 round. be it, 260, 6.5x47 L or the 6.5 creedmoor.
thinking about going to the berger 140 grn like Danley shoots.

I was at Tooter's shop Friday dropping off a donor rifle for a rebuild. This is my first custom build and I am going with a 6.5 but something a bit different..... Glad to see all the positive posts about the man and his work. I can say that I have enjoyed talking with him the few opportunities that I have had. He quoted me 2.5 months but only because he has to order my stock from Manners....

Great shooting and great looking rifle mrbungle! I would take that group at 1K any day of the week.