• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Merriam Turkey Suggestions....

daylate

Dollar Short........
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2013
St.Catharine, Missouri
My son and I working on a Merriam hunt this spring any suggestion?.. Thinking Western NE or SD...Maybe NM....probably public land...Thanks

We have a ton of them here around Colorado Springs. I like hitting them with rifles so I opt for the fall tags and skip spring turkey

It's not as easy in the spring, they are below snow line so that often puts them on private land. Where they are on public land it is usually hunted pretty hard. Good luck. I grew up turkey hunting in the south, the birds here in CO seem to be easier to call in when you can find them on public land.

Reactions: az 762 nato
It's not as easy in the spring, they are below snow line so that often puts them on private land. Where they are on public land it is usually hunted pretty hard. Good luck. I grew up turkey hunting in the south, the birds here in CO seem to be easier to call in when you can find them on public land.
Thanks for the info...My son knows somebody in SD so he's going to check into that. Prefer public land or somebody we know..found pay places but a little steep for a turkey... Thanks for the reply

Reactions: az 762 nato
tons of them in Wyoming too

Attachments

• turkey7.jpg
    turkey7.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 29
  • turkey6.jpg
    turkey6.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 28
  • turkey5.jpg
    turkey5.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 21
heavier for sure in certain areas, the North central and North East of the state are the best ! Area 3 is where I am at and area 1 is East of us. Draws are closed for 2019 I believe. But give you a place to aim for next season.

heavier for sure in certain areas, the North central and North East of the state are the best ! Area 3 is where I am at and area 1 is East of us. Draws are closed for 2019 I believe. But give you a place to aim for next season.
Thanks for the info...Will definitely put it on the radar for next spring....We might be up that way this fall might have to look around.

Reactions: Sendero_Man