• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Metaverse - With a tiger, Jamie Dimon, enters the metaverse

-----------
Already, they note, the average price of a parcel of virtual land has jumped to $12,000 in December from $6,000 last June.
-----------

smiley_freak.gif

I have a hard time wrapping my head around this shit. I had a hard time with the bitcoin stuff too, so here I sit a thousandaire instead of a millionaire.

How do they base the parcel that you buy? I'm assuming its not in acres.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around this shit. I had a hard time with the bitcoin stuff too, so here I sit a thousandaire instead of a millionaire.

How do they base the parcel that you buy? I'm assuming its not in acres.
It's kind of like a billionaire's X-Box game. Just cost more money to play.

Convincing people to buy "nothing" is quite a talent. Convincing everyone it's a viable market must make you a fucking genius. I guess I just don't get buying virtual property with real money.

Edited to add, is this what they mean by "you will own nothing and you will like it."?

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Y'all act like this is a new phenomenon. Anyone remember NeverRest (Everquest), or World of Warcraft? People went stupid on those games, more than 2 decades ago.

Y'all act like this is a new phenomenon. Anyone remember NeverRest (Everquest), or World of Warcraft? People went stupid on those games, more than 2 decades ago.
Yep, I remember the Pong and Asteroid games... Only thing that has changed is the cost to play.... But now, we have player's playing with other people's money.