• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MFA is the way to go

ForgeValley

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2018
    WNC
    Multifactor authentication. Turn it on. There have been a lot of hacked accounts, and someone just tried to login to my account.

Just set mine up. Takes literally two seconds to do and the extra piece of mind is worth it IMO. Especially with the trend of hacked accounts lately. When you go to set it up, they will tell you exactly how to get it set up. All you need is your phone and computer.

Just set mine up. Takes literally two seconds to do and the extra piece of mind is worth it IMO. Especially with the trend of hacked accounts lately. When you go to set it up, they will tell you exactly how to get it set up. All you need is your phone and computer.
    I started to set up 2 Factor Authentication in the Password section of my SH Account.

I installed Authy, scanned in the QR code on the Setup screen, and, in the field at the bottom, entered the code that was generated by Authy. I always get an error message:

"Please enter in the requested format."

The code Authy gives me always displays as "XXX YYY" and that is the way I enter the code. (I have tried running the two three-digit groups together, but that hasn't worked, either.)

Online information isn't providing a whole lot of useful help.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
    Richard

Reactions: molonlave