• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MH 25 by iRay

Yestersay was a great day to film. This video is a little more representative of what you will see through the eye, but it still looks noticeably better when looking through the optic. Had some deer close up that I didnt get to video, but the level of detail that you could see in them was nothing short of insane.

Finally figured out how to take good video and images from this MH 25. I also shot comparative images from the HALO LR at its autofocused distance of at least 50 yards. In these photos, the settings are the same (contrast about mid way, sharpness all the way up). Poor conditions, cold and rainy. The HALO actually has a large advantage.... its sporting Jay's noise reduction filter..... the MH 25 is not. The first images are from the HALO LR, and you can guess which ones are from the MH 25. I made sure the HALO LR was within focus range to make this fair.

Attachments

• 20200418_122235.jpg
    20200418_122235.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20200418-121302_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-121302_Video Player.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200418_122356.jpg
    20200418_122356.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200418_124357.jpg
    20200418_124357.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 20200418_124647.jpg
    20200418_124647.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20200418-121302_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-121302_Video Player.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20200418-121602_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-121602_Video Player.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20200418-121359_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-121359_Video Player.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 171
Yo jstokes...thx for posting all this info and snapshots brotha. In need of a good hands free unit.

• Love
Reactions: jstokes1
Yo jstokes...thx for posting all this info and snapshots brotha. In need of a good hands free unit.
No problem man. There does not seem to be much information out there and good quality images/video through this little optic, which is sad because it's simply astounding. Better than any thermal I've used before.

Maybe this product is a 1 percenter, but 99 percent of the Chinesium stuff I've used tends to turn into junk at some point in time.

The HALO actually has a large advantage.... its sporting Jay's noise reduction filter..... the MH 25 is not.

Jay's NR Filter is pure junk. Send all of them to me for proper disposal. :LOL:

Now, in all seriousness, those filters are an amazing piece of equipment. Well worth the price. Turned a high scintillation set of bridged Omni 7 PVS 14's into an almost completely different set of units in dark conditions for me. Truly amazing how much they cleared up what you could distinguish and recognize vs not having the filters on.

Plus you maintain your natural night vision when using those filters.

Jay's NR Filter is pure junk. Send all of them to me for proper disposal. :LOL:

Now, in all seriousness, those filters are an amazing piece of equipment. Well worth the price. Turned a high scintillation set of bridged Omni 7 PVS 14's into an almost completely different set of units in dark conditions for me. Truly amazing how much they cleared up what you could distinguish and recognize vs not having the filters on.

Plus you maintain your natural night vision when using those filters.
They work really well for thermal too. Need to get another one for this unit. Used it the other day with it and the image is even smoother.

Got good stills shot of some close up cows the other day. Still looks better through the actual optic, but there are close to the image you see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-211107_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-211107_Video Player.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200419_210756.jpg
    20200419_210756.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20200419-210607_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-210607_Video Player.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 108
I just received from jay the PVS-14 adapter and wow it’s so much better the image is more in focus and clear.

Attachments

• 4EDAAEE3-0127-4072-BB01-4D7667FFF93A.jpeg
    4EDAAEE3-0127-4072-BB01-4D7667FFF93A.jpeg
    562.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 7EC69358-9308-4DBE-8083-7D38FC9330E0.jpeg
    7EC69358-9308-4DBE-8083-7D38FC9330E0.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 108
I had the chance to do a comparison between the iray, ir Hunter 60mm, and the reap 35mm last night.

My thoughts: the iray does have a pretty impressive picture for the price point, even more so considering how small it is; and the fact that it is (comfortably) helmet mountable is a big plus.
The refresh rate is fairly slow and not smooth as you scan side to side.
The laser pointer is a nice feature.
Auto-NUC is a nice feature on a helmet mounted thermal.

Comparing the iray to trijicon is doing it a disservice as it does not even compare overall to the quality nor image of the trijicon units. However, as a helmet mounted scanner it seemed to perform quite nicely.

I had the chance to do a comparison between the iray, ir Hunter 60mm, and the reap 35mm last night.

My thoughts: the iray does have a pretty impressive picture for the price point, even more so considering how small it is; and the fact that it is (comfortably) helmet mountable is a big plus.
The refresh rate is fairly slow and not smooth as you scan side to side.
The laser pointer is a nice feature.
Auto-NUC is a nice feature on a helmet mounted thermal.

Comparing the iray to trijicon is doing it a disservice as it does not even compare overall to the quality nor image of the trijicon units. However, as a helmet mounted scanner it seemed to perform quite nicely.
I've owned a trijicon REAP IR, now have a halo LR but owned the halo 25mm as well, and looked through a UTM and the images from all those units doesnt compare to the smoothness of the iRay. It blows my HALO away. There is much more noise with the other units compared to the iray. Have you taken off the oscillating lens cover? That vastly improves the image in humid environments.

I'm looking at buying one of these soon, has anyone had a problem.
Looking to get something lighter to replace my helmet mounted Patrol.

Guess I should jump in and ante up with some faux toes at some point. Received my dual MH25’s and KAC bridge on 3/27. My ChinaSkeets came with the modified PVS-14 eyepieces. I’ve been running duals, but I also have dual SkeetIRx’s on another KAC bridge, so I run them most nights.

Image quality-wise, the CoronaSkeets are definitely nice and punch well above their price point, but they have a number of issues that ultimately belie their Chinesium heritage, which make them worth the $4500 price tag.

70FFBFEE-9901-49E5-BA89-01E65C0CE78C.jpeg

3D00D28C-697A-4EE5-ABCF-080CC5ACE538.jpeg

6FE49AE2-0B78-4085-987B-06800E35AB9D.jpeg

E248575A-6425-49D5-A078-AAC5BB3DC930.jpeg

CF7F5989-B96F-4B92-B637-AF73D2F9C8D7.jpeg

I don’t want to discourage anyone from buying the CoronaSkeet. It has epic performance for its price, and there’s no mystery as to where it comes from. Would I rather have three MH25’s with PVS eyepieces or a single SkeetIRx for the same price? That’s a tough question. I run duals in both, so it’s not a choice I need to make. Overall, there’s no question, as a package the Skeet crushes the MH25. No two ways about it.

If you can’t justify the $10K premium for the Skeet, there’s simply nothing else out there that can hang with the iRay.

Last edited:
sick setup - just curious - it looks like Myron from NVO mentioned that there is a crosshair on this thing. is the reticle adjustable and thus aimable? if so this could be that elusive Q14 that could have been.

Finally figured out how to take good video and images from this MH 25. I also shot comparative images from the HALO LR at its autofocused distance of at least 50 yards. In these photos, the settings are the same (contrast about mid way, sharpness all the way up). Poor conditions, cold and rainy. The HALO actually has a large advantage.... its sporting Jay's noise reduction filter..... the MH 25 is not. The first images are from the HALO LR, and you can guess which ones are from the MH 25. I made sure the HALO LR was within focus range to make this fair.
Can you tell me a little more about the filter on your halo lr? What does it do and how is it mounted?

sick setup - just curious - it looks like Myron from NVO mentioned that there is a crosshair on this thing. is the reticle adjustable and thus aimable? if so this could be that elusive Q14 that could have been.

There is a reticle, but The CoronaSkeet is *NOT* weapon-rated. UNV is working on a weapon-capable version that uses the same core.

Some Hogsters use iRAY cores, which is why their image quality is so good, so we know the cores are GTG.

Reactions: Mindreader1
There is a reticle, but The CoronaSkeet is *NOT* weapon-rated. UNV is working on a weapon-capable version that uses the same core.

Some Hogsters use iRAY cores, which is why their image quality is so good, so we know the cores are GTG.
wow didnt know unv actually has an R&D and mfg department. thats pretty cool if they can put that thing in a hyper housing. thatd be badass

wow didnt know unv actually has an R&D and mfg department. thats pretty cool if they can put that thing in a hyper housing. thatd be badass

I doubt they have any such facilities but they seem to be tied-in tightly with iRay and work with them with product development.

Who sells these filters? Anyone got a link?
Jay is the developer and seller of these filters. He is Surgeon_shooter here on the hide. His company is Sureshot Night Vision.

FYI, he is out of stock right now per my discussion with him about 2 weeks ago and waiting on a shipment of parts to assemble some more for sale.

could this be done with a heat gun if you made a metal heat shield to keep heat away from the body? or a soldering iron to heat the anodized ring?

Do they have butter knives in China? Asking for a friend.

Do Jay's filters make the RonaSkeet easier to run with a Green 14? I was thinking of selling my 14 since I have some duals coming in, but am thinking that if there is a way to make my brain not melt, it may be worth playing with. Or just suck it up and alternate which one is down.

Reactions: deersniper
No, no one. That’s a totally unique idea. ;)
Lol well I've read in a few threads people talking about it but no actual first hand experiences and comparisons.

I'm considering buying a pvs14 and the mh25 and bridging them to have an efficient, effective, and affordable dual band setup. I sort of like the idea coti but it seems like the mh25 is well worth the extra cost in all accounts.

Reactions: TheHorta