• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MH 25 vs. Patrol Image

Btrain

Shooter up!
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
KS
I'm going back and forth on the 2 and would like some insight as to the image quality comparison? One have an advantage over the other? Using it for spotting, likely on a lanyard (maybe helment with 14).

All opinions appreciated / Thanks
BV

I wouldn't want to dual mount a patrol with a pvs14 for too long. if that's a thing you want to do, go mh25.

The patrol has a neat 3x thing though

Here come some opinions

In a sample of 1 vs 1....
On a single occasion....
The patrol looked a very little bit better to me.

I'm willing to bet they are so close that various samples could go either way.

You'll likely need to base your choice on which items really matter:
Weight-iray (not enough to make a difference to me)
Ruggedness-Trijicon (seems like a big difference to me)
Price-iray (not by enough though...)
Accessory options-Trijicon (magnifiers and weapons mounts)
Serviceability-Trijicon (they have a clear service record of you ever need them beyond warranty)
Flexibility-Trijicon (weapon sight as well as scanner)

I’m probably jumping into this too fast... I know what I want it for (primarily scanning) but maybe haven’t done enough research

CoronaSkeet.

Patrol was great back in 2017.

Gotta be willing to openly support Chy-nah though. That, and I have little doubt the Patrol is more rugged. If you're hard on your gear, that'll factor in.

Reactions: deersniper
... that press release is from 2018 ...

Scroll down. The UTC-xii press release is from Jan 2015.

==

(just to clarify) ... that's actually a "collection" of multiple press releases from Soldier Systems, regarding BAE gear ... newest to oldest. Response to my search. And yes, newest press release is from 2018 when Trijicon licenses OASYS manufacturing. Oldest press release is 2015 when BAE announces UTC-xii.

Reactions: MarinePMI