• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Michigan moutain lion

yotechsr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
beyond
Just got a look at a picture from a trail cam forwarded from a friend. It was taken in the eastern Upper peninsula.

Re: Michigan moutain lion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmtsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you going to post the pic?</div></div>

That's what I was thinking!!!

The cat my cousin saw was outside Union Michigan, he was planting corn in a field and it was around dusk. Later that week that have the same cat on a trail cam, I will see if I can get the pic.

I have seen tracks in mud during the bow season about 12 miles east of Grand Ledge about 4 miles north of M43. Pretty unmistakable tracks.

In 2004 I had one lying in the back of my semi-suburban backyard at dawn west of Detroit (right by Willow Run Airport), we backed up on a big tract of undeveloped land. ID'd it from the ears as I could not see the body well at first. When I yelled for my dog to come back (he was within 30 yds of it) it jumped up, cleared the fence and reached the cover in three bounds. That tail is a dead givaway.

Don't expect the DNR to admit to it any time soon, they are not competent enough to figure out that the southern deer herd is out of control.

My parents have a cabin right next to the UP on the WI side and the neighbor has pics of a big cat. Talked to some of the loggers and they have found more than one deer carcass in a tree they were cutting down.

I got it; this must have been that Black Panther that was seen around the Milford proving grounds???

Back in the mid 80's there were all kinds of talk of some Foot Ball player letting his pet Kitty Kat loose, I'm only saying!

Big +1 on what ATH said. It took someone dumping a carcass on the Game Warden's office steps before our P&W officials in my county would admit we had mountain lion.

They've been roaming the southern portion of western NY for a few years now too. My parents live in Livingston county and their neighbors have spotted one drinking from their pond at dusk. I've heard one calling out late at night for about a week straight one summer I was home, and have spotted tracks going up my parents driveway in the snow.

The BS story used to explain the lions in the UP of Mich is that the lions are just people's pets that have been released into the wild. The know-it-alls actually spread this stuff and expect people to believe it. Yes, it is pure BS.