• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Michigan Tactical Matches

Re: Michigan Tactical Matches

Check out Monroe rifle and pistol. They may have something close to what you guys are looking for. They also shoot highpower matches.

What do you mean by 'tactical matches'? What are you looking for?

I don't know what you're interested in, but in general, I can say that after attending two events/matches at the marksmanship training center (http://www.marksmanshiptrainingcenter.com/) that place is pretty cool.

I've spent time in the past putting together challenging yet fun competitive events for shooters (more than just known and single-distance paper punching for score) and I know how hard it is to think of what to do. Given that, I was intrigued by the "poker match" (now past; 8/25). Well, I wasn't prepared but went anyway. Absolutely glad I did. Clare (the main dude) is pretty sharp and created a really unique and fun match (and then ran it like clockwork). It was relatively straight forward from a shooting perspective (mostly 100 yds) and the shooters present ranged from 'brand new' to "national champs" (I didn't ask for specifics), to folks like me who've mostly shot from a bench.

Anyway, my take is that the entry fees are reasonable, the range is pretty nice, though presently sorta no-frills, and the matches are far more interesting than all others I've seen or been part of (while the others may have been supremely organized, they just weren't what I wanted). It's worth a check out. The biggest problems are probably lack of exposure and thus too few shooters at these events, and some foliage control.

Nice to know there is a 1000 yard range in Michigan. I will be checking them out