• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Micro Aimpoint Knock Offs

jakhamr81

Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
FT Smith, Ar
Hey guys, I have seen a few of these Micro Aimpoint knock offs Sig and Bushnell are two that come to mind. My first impression is that they are junk, however I have not actually used one. Sig is a very reputable manufacturer, so I would think that if they put their name on it, it may be ok. Anyone have any actual use with one of these knock offs? I'm interested to here input based on use or experience.

Re: Micro Aimpoint Knock Offs

I have the konus and primary arms micro dot sights. They are a good value for a range gun. The location of the emitter prevents a lower 1/3rd cowitness. still a great way to see if you like the micro dot before spending the money on a T1.

There are guys beating the crap out of the Primary Arms (T-1) and they are holding up suprisingly well.

Hat to admit I go there but there are a few big threads on Barf.com. Some good feedback and reviews on M4 carbines.net also.

Also, PA has one with a removable based to allow for use with qd mounts. I really like mine on my ak with ultimak rail.

I have heard a lot of good comments about the PA. Also be careful of counterfeits, as there are a lot of them on the market.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm also interested in durability, I think that may be the difference in the Aimpoint and the other brands.

Durability and battery life are what seperates the real thing from the clones.

I just watched a video of someone tossing around a PA T1, and the red dot stayed illuminated throughout the many throws. The individual also claims that the PA maintained its zero, this I cannot verify as it was not filmed.