• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Micro T-1 on my .45-70 Guide Gun

MK14 SEI

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2009
US
guigegun001.jpg

GG003.jpg

GG002.jpg

Re: Micro T-1 on my .45-70 Guide Gun

Very awesome!

One question - does it co-witness with the iron sights? If not, do you think it is possible with a different sight combination?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very awesome!

One question - does it co-witness with the iron sights? If not, do you think it is possible with a different sight combination?

</div></div>

Thanks!

No co-witness, but it does look like longer screws and custom
shims could raise the DRC sights enough for a 1/3 co-witness.

Hey, you're like a regular cowboy
grin.gif

Just bustin' your chops, it's probably a pretty handy rifle.

I like it. Really like that base too. Where did you find that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 331V8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it. Really like that base too. Where did you find that? </div></div>

Thanks, I found it at Cabelas

I wanted to try the same thing on my Marlin but the forward rail I have is a Weaver and will not accept the T-1.

i2k3ee.jpg

What T-1 mount are you using?

The LaRue "short" T-1 Mount (P/N LT661) might add just enough height to get you co-witnessed.

I would be very interested in a range report before I go through the hassle of swapping out my rail.

I'm using the factory Aimpoint base and the XS is a Weaver-style rail.

The iron sights need to be raised to get a co-witness, they are too low.

That would be a sweet brush gun ....... I can hear the pigs squealing now ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanted to try the same thing on my Marlin but the forward rail I have is a Weaver and will not accept the T-1.

i2k3ee.jpg

What T-1 mount are you using?

The LaRue "short" T-1 Mount (P/N LT661) might add just enough height to get you co-witnessed.

I would be very interested in a range report before I go through the hassle of swapping out my rail. </div></div>

which one is that Tigerbikes ? I like the barrel/sight combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you shot it yet? How's it hold up to that recoil? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hows the combo perform?...Accuracy </div></div>

I am recovering from surgeries to my shoulder and arm and I have not fired this rifle yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Times, they are a changing... T-1 is lighter but only 1X

marlingg4.jpg

I use the ghost ring sights for back up

</div></div>

I had it set-up with a Leupold Scout scope, but prefer the Aimpoint on the lever gun because I won't be targeting anything beyond 150 yards or so.

GuideGun.jpg

I moved the Scout scope over to my FrankenScoutMK14 because I will be reaching beyond 200 yards with it.

RRM-SCOUT.jpg

here is my set up
ruger no1 in 4570
scope burris 2-7x32 with ballistic plex
base modified by my son (machinist)
[img:center]
DSCF0007.jpg
[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">which one is that Tigerbikes ? I like the barrel/sight combo.</div></div>
It is a Wild West Guns customized take down Marlin Guide Gun in .457 WW Magnum (it also shoots 45-70).

2ecj2i1.jpg

16k19nt.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It is a Wild West Guns customized take down Marlin Guide Gun in .457 WW Magnum (it also shoots 45-70).
</div></div>

WOW now that is cool!! I don't know anything really about lever guns but seeing that one SERIOUSLY makes me want one!! Thanks for sharing!!

What a great application for the T1. I replaced a CQT on my AR with one and my longer range groups improved. Such a totally different concept, I love having the field of view around the optic, it's almost like it just appears and with a dot big enough to see easily but not too big to obscure much of the target. I have bought more since.

On the downside, I will admit to hating the bikini covers. I needed a riser for AR so I got the GGG mount that allows for Butler Creeks. I'm sure that would ruin you low profile, I use that way on an AK.

JB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a scope coat on my T-1, which should work for H2O MAN's application.
</div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Who sells Scoapcoats for the Micro? </span>

Never mind, I found them... thanks