• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Micro Trophy Hunting

20191010_174315.jpg

Just having a little fun, testing new ammo at the time...

Okay boys and girls, this PNV Trophy Rat Hunting looks like just the ticket for a Vudoo 22lr with a thermal scope. So what is the entry level cost to participate? If I am gonna be quarantined with the Kung Flu, I might as well go out having some fun!

Reactions: woogie_man
Belgium made Browning .22?

My grandfather left me his when he passed. Great rifle and in my case great memories.
I have my father in-laws. He had no idea it was a take down rifle. He gave it to me because the barrel was loose. He had no clue about the take down and barrel nut feature. Belgium 1954 I think but would have to double check. He bought it used so don't give him to much shit.

Gotta be skull size. Make the kids skin and bleach them. The wait a drying period like real big game.....

I usually don't get a shot at much more than the head which makes evaluation for size difficult, those rascals are quick and they figure out effective .22 range pretty quick too.

Funny, to me anyway, how we started hunting them...
Returning from morning varmint calling trip, Rancher said these d^%# critters are chewing up my door mats, how can I get rid of 'em? The challenge had been made, so we set out in full camo and face paint armed with suppressed .22s. After we bagged a couple it was hey this is a blast, anything this much fun has to be illegal. So rush back to camp for wifi to research these critters finding that they were not protected, considered a pest and no closed season. GAME ON!!
Side note: Breeding season is March and April with a less than 30 day gestation period, so to maintain a healthy population, hunting might be limited during this time.
They are a great way to entertain restless kids while introducing them to hunting and teaching gun safety. Arrowheads are sometimes found around their burrows.

Reactions: TACC and myronman3
Plenty left, I save them for the kids and inexperienced shooters.
We are thinking about trophy designations, longest tail? OAL? Tooth Length? any ideas?

Actually I was trying to be humorous. But if you really want to compare them to known specimens, then nose-vent length, ear length, tail lenth, etc are the typical morphological measurements taken.

Funny, to me anyway, how we started hunting them...

I’m one of those guys that just flat out loves killing vermin. If i could go to the dump and shoot rats, i’d never need a vacation. Doesnt matter what the vermin is, i’m down to whack them any way i can.

If you nailed it with that snubby, then job well done sir.

I did. I caught the little prick coming out of the burrow pushing dirt. He wouldnt stay out of the hole very long at all, and was moving constantly at a high rate of speed. It’s the only one i ever got a crack at above ground; in fact, it’s the only one i ever saw above ground. I caught him dead between the shoulder blades with a 160gr flatnose hardcast.

I’m one of those guys that just flat out loves killing vermin. If i could go to the dump and shoot rats, i’d never need a vacation. Doesnt matter what the vermin is, i’m down to whack them any way i can.

I did. I caught the little prick coming out of the burrow pushing dirt. He wouldnt stay out of the hole very long at all, and was moving constantly at a high rate of speed. It’s the only one i ever got a crack at above ground; in fact, it’s the only one i ever saw above ground. I caught him dead between the shoulder blades with a 160gr flatnose hardcast.

Tip-of-the-hat. Good shooting.

. This is what I was talking about why skull size probably wouldn’t work for Trophy measurement. I just realized they aren’t Mexican ground squirrels, I need to put on my glasses more often, must be a close relative, they are some fat ones.

The Mexican ground squirrel and Thirteen-lined ground squirrels are similar. And their range overlaps in Texas.

1584325175226.jpeg

1584325231329.jpeg

Reactions: Double Naught Spy
Regardless, this thread has been a great escape from the news, hysteria, and looming toilet paper shortage ?

So thank you all for taking the time to share your fun.

Reactions: Double Naught Spy