• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Mid 19th Century Pepperbox

punkpigpen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
PA, USA
this is one of my faves in my collection. its a small pepperbox from england. it shoots 7mm pinfire cartridged which of course are long obscure after the centerfire cartridges were invented. it fully functions the bullets come out of the cylinder. quite the opposite of all our long range guns actually! LOL

Re: Mid 19th Century Pepperbox

it functions perfectly but pinfire ammo is obsolete, but i did fund some beligian site that sells a reload kit w brass for it.

How in the world would you reload a pin-fire? Is it as simple as replacing the pin? Is it a flint inside or an actual primer charge?

I saw one of these on Pawn Stars and it looked pretty neat.

not sure actually. but from what i can tell theres a brass pin (on the cartridge) that sticks out the rear of each chamber. its not a flint pistol. there must be some kind of primer somewhere. ill try and find that site that had the reload kit and post it.

ha ha thanks! i do LOVE antique revolvers i cannot lie! i'll keep posting more in the next day or two. or until someone says "HEY! these arent long range target rifles , post those on a cowboy site!" ha ha

That's a pretty nice pepperbox example! I know a few people that have found parts and pieces of them metal detecting.

I have always wanted modern pepperbox for a carry gun

That is a cool piece of history. I love seeing weapons of all kinds but am also partial to the old unknown's(to me). T

I've got one of those buried away in a gun sock. The old derringers/pocket guns are pretty cool and I was lucky enough to inherit a few.

Nice piece of history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not sure actually. but from what i can tell theres a brass pin (on the cartridge) that sticks out the rear of each chamber. its not a flint pistol. there must be some kind of primer somewhere. ill try and find that site that had the reload kit and post it. </div></div>

That would be awesome, thanks!