• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mid priced scale

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Blackhawk, Ca
What is everyone using for mid priced digital scales? I am pulling my hair out having my scale drift .1-.4 even after I leave it plugged in 24/7. I know the $1000 scales are crazy accurate but I don’t want to spend that type of money.

What scale are you currently using?

Is it near a vent?
Florescent lighting?
Are you using a power cleaner?
Level surface?
Any electronics near it?

If you want to use an electronic scale and don't want to pop for the FX-120 Autotrickler set-up I would suggest a Chargemaster and run it on a small motorcycle battery. Lots of 6ppc comp. shooters use one and load at matches with great success........Good Luck

If you want to use an electronic scale and don't want to pop for the FX-120 Autotrickler set-up I would suggest a Chargemaster and run it on a small motorcycle battery. Lots of 6ppc comp. shooters use one and load at matches with great success........Good Luck

is there an adaptor needed for this to work? can you elaborate a bit more?

Personally, I use the FX set-up and run it through a line conditioner......But I am sure Youtube or a search over on www.accurateshooter.com could be better info than me on a Sun morning over coffee.

LOL thanks...i just PMd the guy on AS...i built a range box out of a kitchen cabinet several years ago that had all the tools in it to load at the range that i traded for something...im putting another one together and a chargemater lite would be nice.

I load at the range but what I do is put my charges in 1 dram glass vials weighed at home. For the 300WSM I have to use bigger vials.....

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Before I got a good scale I used a Gempro250. I still have it. It works well. It is more than accurate for reloading. It measures within a tenth of a grain. The trick is, like with all scales, to hit the TARE button often.

The Gempro 250 has been recalled due to drift problems. The entire Gempro line may have been recalled since Myweigh doesn't have a replacement for the 250. (Myweigh will reimburse you for the cost you paid for your scale is you send a copy of your receipt to them.) Now that the 250 has been recalled, not sure there is a mid price scale to recommend. The Chargemaster 1500 is really slow IMO. The Fx120i at $500 via CE is nice scale. I can't run mine with the overhead fan running.

What scale are you currently using?

Is it near a vent?
Florescent lighting?
Are you using a power cleaner?
Level surface?
Any electronics near it?

I’m using the Lyman 1500 scale.

Closed off room.
Sky light for lighting
Not sure what a power cleaner is. Should I!
I’ll check the level but it’s a level concrete floor with industrial table
No electronics besides tumbler 4-5ft away.

I’m OCD and seeing the drift drives me absolutely nuts when I see it moving consistently. I tare our every 2-3 times I load the powder.

I feel like I control every aspect of reloading. My reloads shoot pretty accurate .75-.5 but after seeing the drifting I second guess after every group.

Ok I have your answer. Go on eBay and find a older used .001 GRAM scientific scale. This will be about equivelant to a .02gn scale. Get an F1 series Cal weight for it and go. You can find used ones like this around $100 ish or less, if you look enough. The one I have only has grams on the readout but I just did the math and know what that is equal to in grains. This is your cheapest and best bet if you do it right.

Reactions: Gobears16