• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Mid-Range F-Class @ St. Louis Benchrest Club

ryanjay11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Missouri
There are informal (non registered matches) on the first Thursday of each month from April to September. We shoot two matches of 2 sighters and 15 scored for a total of 34 rounds fired at 600 yards. There is a $20 fee to shoot the match and lunch is provided. Please show up by 7:30 for registration. These are the dates:

Thursday, April 5th
Thursday, May 3rd
Thursday, June 7th
Thursday, July 5th - Midwest Championship (This will cost $40 to shoot. More information on this match TBD at a later date)
Thursday, August 2nd
Thursday, September 6th

In addition to these informal matches, There are four NRA approved Mid-Range matches at St Louis this year. These are shot beside the sling and iron shooters. There are 4 matches of 2 sighters and 20 scored for a total of 88 rounds fired. These matches start at 8am sharp and it is a good idea to be at the range at 7 to register. Match fees are $35 and lunch is extra if available. (Bring your own in case) These are the NRA Approved match dates:

Saturday, April 21st - Missouri Mid-Range F-Class State Championship
Sunday, July 8th
Sunday, August 26th
Saturday, October 20th

This is a private range and is only open to non-members during the matches. For more information on St. Louis Benchrest club and to join, click here.

For results of matches and photos, click here.

Come shoot with us.
fclassgroupforweb.jpg

Re: Mid-Range F-Class @ St. Louis Benchrest Club

The April 5th club match will be a great opportunity to dust off your rifle and get dialed in before the Missouri State Championship.

At this club match, muzzle brakes and suppressors are allowed. The $20 entry fee includes a ham and bean lunch with cornbread.

I just want to point out that that even if muzzle brakes and suppressors are allowed at your club matches, the muzzle brakes will not be allowed at the Mid-Range Championship since it is an NRA approved match and the match program clearly states that
"Official NRA F-Class rules apply and will be enforced."

This means no muzzle brakes at those events, regardless of club policies.

I apologize for picking nits here, I have just spent too much time debating NRA rules and adjusting the club matches accordingly. We are now holding 7 NRA-registered and 5 NRA-approved matches during the year and I had to redo all the frigin' paperwork, call sheets, sign up sheets and score sheets as well as the spreadsheets to submit montly results to the NRA.

The NRA is very picky about registered matches because you can set national records.

(And before anyone asks, no, you cannot have a copy of my score keeping spreadsheet because it has personal information about the members and I have it encrypted and protected. I may be talked into sharing the various pdfs and spreadsheets I have designed for sign up, squadding, running a match, awards breakdown, and relay shuffle.)

Speaking of which, I need to print out the sheets for this weekend's match.

Denys,
The club match is a completely different animal than the NRA matches that are held at STL Benchrest Club. The club matches were started by Benchrest shooters that wanted to try something new. They are unsanctioned, laid back matches that are a great way for new shooter to just bring what they have and shoot.

The NRA mid-range matches are 100% complient with all NRA rules and regulations. We know how it should be run and I assure you that is done so in a professional and efficient manner.

I understand your concern with muddying the understanding of F-Class. The club matches are considered an outlaw match and it is made clear to all shooters that these scores aren't sent in.

Please feel free to contact me about the match if you have any more concerns.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan, I apologize for my interference. I wish you good success for your matches and a great attendance.

No worries Denys. Our first match is this Thursday. I hope to see several of you there.

I am coming up, Don Raybun and Don Steelman are also coming. Will the firing line be from the 600 yard benches?

It sounds like there is going to be some stiff competition tomorrow. We will be shooting on the 600 yard range.

Ryan what I meant was, in case of rain will we be under roof?

I am sure Raybun will be tough especially with his new FTR rig, I wont pose much of a threat to anyone, I am just looking for some trigger time.

Corey

Yes, we always shoot the Club matches from under the canopy. It would be a good idea to bring a rain jacket anyways for pit duty.

Our next match is this Thursday, May 3rd. The match costs $20 to shoot and includes a great lunch. I hope to see you on the line.

Our next match is this Thursday, June 7th.