• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway 178 blems

scorpion168

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2013
NE TX
I've got a few boxes of 178 BTHP blems from Midway. If I'm loading 41.9 of IMR4064 in Lapua brass for 178 AMAX, where should I start to load the 178 blems? Are these supposed to be the same as Hornady 178 BTHP?

I would suspect that they are the same. Visual and weight confirmations would be helpful.

To be safe, why not re-run a small OCW starting say 0.6 Gr below your chosen load for the branded bullets?

Good Luck,

They are not the same. They have a higher B.C. and will likely need to be seated differently to be accurate. I have been messing with them using Varget, but nothing really accurate so far.

load 10 with of the blems with your old recipe and see if it works and go from there.
not rocket science guys.
cheers.

Should be darn near the same for a load. 2.815 or so oal has worked for me with nearly any powder charge I tried....just don't be ridiculous. On my rifles they have to be stupid far out of the case to be near the lands so I go with my old faithful

How many bullet makers have a 178 gr. bullet ? I thought Hornady was the only one and all the rest are 175 gr.