• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Midway has IMI 556 in stock

$1.30 /rd. Nope. You can find better “deals” on GB.
I don't think you understand what this ammo is, and consequently, you're incorrect. This is not your everyday military ball. This is the IMI equivalent of MK262 Mod 1 Black Hills ammo. It will shoot approximately 1/2-3/4 MOA in the correct rifle. I bought several thousand rounds of this back when it was 50 cents/round, and it's been consistent across multiple lots, even. If you can find it for cheaper on GB, please, let us all know where that listing is.

I don't think you understand what this ammo is, and consequently, you're incorrect. This is not your everyday military ball. This is the IMI equivalent of MK262 Mod 1 Black Hills ammo. It will shoot approximately 1/2-3/4 MOA in the correct rifle. I bought several thousand rounds of this back when it was 50 cents/round, and it's been consistent across multiple lots, even. If you can find it for cheaper on GB, please, let us all know where that listing is.
For sure. This is legit match ammo for those that don't roll their own. I'm a big fan of IMI with the consistency and accuracy of their 55 fmj ammo as well.

I don’t think you understand the broad definition of “deals.” My needs are obviously different than your. If you’re shooting competitive matches in 223 and don’t/can’t reload equally good match ammo for less, buy all you want from Midway (and maybe think about finding a new hobby or division for the next few years).

Thanks for letting me know it’s
high for sure but I will pass it on to my buddies just incase.

Ordered a case. My barrels like this more than Black hills 262.

Normal price for this was 80 cents a round.

Midway did have a few lots for 50 cents a round a few years ago and they shot well but were hot AF. Good to go out of a 5.56 or Wylde chamber but seriously over pressure out of a CLE match. The recent lots have been good out of everything.

ETA: approximately 50% price increase. That’s basically like paying $15/50 for 9mm today. Bet people would jump at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: NateSavannah
Given that most ammo is 3-10x their famously low 2019 prices -- this being less than 2x is pretty awesome. I don't think detractors realize this isn't M193 but instead a great hunting or match shooting round. IMI, in my personal experience, burns dirty -- but given the way things are right now this is a pretty damn good find. Thanks for sharing, OP.

Hey, I’m not selling this stuff, I hand load for all my 223 rifles. Just put it out there in case someone was interested as a PSA. Thought it might be decent ammo since it’s loaded with the Sierra 77 MK.

I appreciate the share as well. The price isn't terrible by any means for what it is. My original comment was said in half jest. I personally don’t hunt with FMJ rounds and lucked into a 1000 rd case of Federal AE223BKX (if you look hard enough and are lucky, stuff is still hitting the shelves sparingly where I'm at) for less than 50 cents a round. That stuff is plenty good for my needs. I'm sure your post will help many SH members, and I applaud that!

SGAmmo has it slightly cheaper. I already placed my order with midway but hoping other members capitalize. Looking forward to seeing it at some gas gun matches this year.

PS: thanks OP

I don’t think you understand the broad definition of “deals.” My needs are obviously different than your. If you’re shooting competitive matches in 223 and don’t/can’t reload equally good match ammo for less, buy all you want from Midway (and maybe think about finding a new hobby or division for the next few years).

O.k. You would have looked a lot better if you just would have not said anything, but now you not only confirmed that you didn't know what you were talking about, but also have confirmed that you're unwilling to acknowledge when you're wrong. Anyone reading your original post will recognize with your quote of "1.30/round. No thanks" and then "I can find better "deals" on GB" that you didn't know that the ammo was. You decided to pop off with an ignorant statement.

The fact that you can't find better deals on GB is confirmed by the multiple posters on this thread that have confirmed that they have either bought some of this for themselves or passed it on for others. Why? Because while it is incredibly expensive, it's also incredibly hard to come by at this point.

As for Midway - you're conflating me saying you're wrong with the suggestion that I think people (or even I) should buy the ammo. I'm not saying that at all. As mentioned, I'm sitting on several thousand rounds of this very specific type of ammo. I only shoot it out of my MK12's, and I don't shoot them very often, so what I have will last me a very long time. Beyond that, I have components to roll my own that I bought mostly in 2017-2018.

As for Midway, I only buy from them as a last resort. I went from spending thousands and thousands with them every year to close to zero. Their vocal and active (not just passive) support for the NRA in the face of WLP bringing it down was enough for me to reduce my support as far as I can. If ever I could have said "I told you so" to a company, the absolute disintegration of the NRA confirms that my viewpoints were correct.

Speaking of correct, how about just saying that you didn't know what you were looking at and you'll take a closer look next time? Actually don't say it, just internalize it and you'll be a more valuable member of the firearms and SH community. Thanks!

Reactions: Aries64
https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-...m193-imi-ammo-made-israel-military-industries

At least this is more in line with today’s inflated prices from supply and demand (yes, I realize it’s topped differently). I hate to see Larry P. and Midway further inflating prices. They did the same with IMI 115 gr 9mm recently. Yes, it is good stuff, but $1.20 for even the bulk 1000 ct seems a bit excessive. When I run out of 9mm components, I’ll start working on my knife throwing skills because I’m not paying $0.80+ a round for factory 9 mil.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-...m193-imi-ammo-made-israel-military-industries

At least this is more in line with today’s inflated prices from supply and demand (yes, I realize it’s topped differently).
Topped and Loaded and QC'd and Packaged differently.

And, still you're not seeing it.

The link you provided is at approx 4X the price that it used to sell (I bought the IMI XM193 at 25c/round), whereas the lowest the IMI 77gr I ever saw was 50c/round. So at 1.30/round the 77gr is actually less inflated (at 2.6X) than the IMI XM193 at 4X.

O.k. You would have looked a lot better if you just would have not said anything, but now you not only confirmed that you didn't know what you were talking about, but also have confirmed that you're unwilling to acknowledge when you're wrong. Anyone reading your original post will recognize with your quote of "1.30/round. No thanks" and then "I can find better "deals" on GB" that you didn't know that the ammo was. You decided to pop off with an ignorant statement.

The fact that you can't find better deals on GB is confirmed by the multiple posters on this thread that have confirmed that they have either bought some of this for themselves or passed it on for others. Why? Because while it is incredibly expensive, it's also incredibly hard to come by at this point.

As for Midway - you're conflating me saying you're wrong with the suggestion that I think people (or even I) should buy the ammo. I'm not saying that at all. As mentioned, I'm sitting on several thousand rounds of this very specific type of ammo. I only shoot it out of my MK12's, and I don't shoot them very often, so what I have will last me a very long time. Beyond that, I have components to roll my own that I bought mostly in 2017-2018.

As for Midway, I only buy from them as a last resort. I went from spending thousands and thousands with them every year to close to zero. Their vocal and active (not just passive) support for the NRA in the face of WLP bringing it down was enough for me to reduce my support as far as I can. If ever I could have said "I told you so" to a company, the absolute disintegration of the NRA confirms that my viewpoints were correct.

Speaking of correct, how about just saying that you didn't know what you were looking at and you'll take a closer look next time? Actually don't say it, just internalize it and you'll be a more valuable member of the firearms and SH community. Thanks!
I’m wrong. You’re right. I’m ugly. You’re ruggedly handsome. Etc.

I have no issues admitting I’m wrong. It happens quite frequently. I am happy when people post any PSA like this. It’s a good buy for the right person. Buy it or don’t. I don’t care. I was stating my personal opinion regarding the value of this particular proposition from Midway. I continue to believe it’s not a good deal, for me, based on the things I personally value when shopping for any 223/5.56 ammunition. YMMV.

You’re probably right though, I should have just remained silent and not shared my opinion (which was admittedly more a poke and vent at the current state of affairs than it was anything else) for fear someone might disagree with me. That does seem to be the norm these days. I will keep it in mind going forward. But basing who is wrong and who is right by the wide range of personal opinions expressed in this thread doesn’t seem very helpful either.

If you believe it’s a great deal for you, then I am happy to admit you’re right (despite having never told you that you were wrong). Flame on if you like. I’m out.

Topped and Loaded and QC'd and Packaged differently.

And, still you're not seeing it.

The link you provided is at approx 4X the price that it used to sell (I bought the IMI XM193 at 25c/round), whereas the lowest the IMI 77gr I ever saw was 50c/round. So at 1.30/round the 77gr is actually less inflated (at 2.6X) than the IMI XM193 at 4X.
Oh geez ... I mean that packaging has to be worth like at least an extra 10 cents a round ...

Sorry ... I know I said I was out, but that was a softball. 😆

Maybe it is only on my laptop, but every time I click on a link to an online ammo/guns retail, Google paused for 5 seconds and some message appear on the screen saying it is collecting info before redirecting me to the website. Does this happen to anyone here?

Maybe it is only on my laptop, but every time I click on a link to an online ammo/guns retail, Google paused for 5 seconds and some message appear on the screen saying it is collecting info before redirecting me to the website. Does this happen to anyone here?

Ditch Google. Use Brave as a browser and DuckDuckGo as your search engine.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
I clicked the link and no issues. P.S. the ammo is still instock.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
actually a pretty good deal considering the ammo. Regular 55gr is bringing $1.20 a round

77 SMK is already 20c more than the 50gr bullet, if not more. It is indeed a really good deal. My buddy were able to get to sub-moa at 600 yards with this ammo, using an AR.

Decent enough deal for today. This stuff does shoot dirty as hell though. I did a mag dump with this stuff a few years back and the range officer asked what dirty crap I was shooting. Told them Israel’s best!

The 200 rounds I bought a couple of years ago was way over pressure. Pierced the hell out of primers in every rifle I shot it through.

The more stimulus they print the more the cost will rise. These prices are going to remain as normal the more they print.

Last edited:
Ran a couple hundred of this stuff and it’s good ammo. Sub MOA and shot great out to 700bin my 18” SPR.

it was $1/ pop a couple months ago so it definitely gone up a little bit but still a good buy given what 55gn ball and m855 is selling for.