• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway raised there prices....

cookietheswede

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Southgate, KY
Opened up my wish list today to get a few things and every item had a notification that the price went up. Seemed like it was $1.00-$2.00 increase across the board. I didn't have anything above $200.00 in my wish list.

Well any way happy newyear from Midway USA

Nothing new...they do the SAME THING every single year just after the new year/inventory/etc.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday as I opened my account and looked around for a couple things to spend Christmas funds on. To top it off, in addition to the price hikes, they also discontinued "dealer" pricing/accounts on 01/01/14 (not that their "dealer" pricing was ever worth a @#$% to being with) which just further adds fuel to the growing fire many are feeling as MidwayUSA pushes folks closer and closer to leaving them altogether for other retailers. Compound all of the above with increasing stupidity over S&H and I'm just about DONE with them!!!

On a more positive note...I placed a ~$200 order with Brownells this morning!! :mad: :cool: :mad:

Midway raised there prices....

They're = they are
Their = the possessive, as in: belonging to them.
There = the location, as in: over there.

A price increase, and in the new year: Shocking; and absolutely without precedent. Never in the economy; never in the industry. How dare they!!

Last edited:
They're = they are
Their = the possessive, as in: belonging to them.
There = the location, as in: over there.

A price increase, and in the new year: Shocking; and absolutely without precedent. Never in the economy; never in the industry. How dare they!!

Graham'mar nazi!! ;) But I know what you mean!

Happens every year, yeah it sucks but that's the game these days.

I noticed AICS 5rd 308 mags are now $86...I think that was about a $20 increase from Dec 31st.

OMG a "for profit" business raised their prices. The horror.

Tis the season. ;) Spent a few hours New Year's Day updating prices on my Evil Capitalist Merchant of Death™ laptop.

January 1 is one of the traditional times when many manufacturers in this industry raise their prices. I work for a distributor and across the board, the price increases were pretty much normal. We didn't see any of the crazy price increases we've seen over the past 3-4 years, especially on key items such as ball ammo.

Honestly, unless something happens to increase the demand again, once the ammo manufacturers catch up, there might even be some price decreases on a few categories of items. Time will tell.

Ord,
That is the way most people have felt about Midway for a long time. I just quite buying from all some time ago. Freight and the price increase are just out of site.

January 1 is one of the traditional times when many manufacturers in this industry raise their prices. I work for a distributor and across the board, the price increases were pretty much normal.

Exactly. Many industries have price increases at the beginning of the year. Midway probably didn't increase the prices, the suppliers they buy from probably had increased the prices so they had to increase their prices to reflect the changes.