• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway USA. ++A

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
All I can say is Midway USA has by far the best service out there. I ordered a 5oz. bottle of Tipton Truly Remarkable Bore cleaning solvent from them a few weeks back. I put it in my gear bag and left it. I come back and there is cleaner all over my gear bag. I Emailed them about it and asked for a refund due to me not even getting to use it yet. They just shipped out a full 5oz bottle free of charge to me and sent me a "Non-automated" personal message explaining how sorry they were for the inconvenience and how they will fix the problem even tho they don't cover these types of things. Which wasn't even their fault but they actually care about each customer as an individual and they truly showed it with this small gesture.

You just cant beat that these days. I just figured I'd spread the word and show how much things like this from companies is appreciated and how Midway USA actually handles things or at least handled this. I will be a long time buying supporting customer for years to come after this.

Thank you again Midway USA.

Re: Midway USA. ++A

I shop there 100% of the time if they carry the item in stock, regardless of differences in markup between them and their competitors. As far as I'm concerned, they're the Amazon of shooting supplies- prompt, amazingly good customer service, wide selection, and a phenomenal website in a field unfortunately plagued by way too much "old timer" mentality.

A++ from me too!

+1 for midway. Ole Potterfield seems like a real cool dude and is super surious about promoting shooting sports. Hell they sponser the intire "Wednesday at the Range" on outdoor channel. Only wish they would rerun so much but hey It's Way better then nothing.

Even if its a few dollars cheaper somewheres else I usually buy it at midway, because I know ill get it fast, and if there's any problems there customer service is phenominal.

I've spent over 9K on midway in the last 5 years. And will keep shopping there due to there amazing customer service and selection.

Yeah, primo customer service. And via live, friendly, knowledgeable folks at that. Not some automated press x, y, or z etc. hellish, computer generated run around.
They helped me to hyper expedite a hard to find item, as a gift so that it'd get there on time for the special occasion. And it got there a day EARLIER than needed & promised, like out their door to it's destination in about 10hrs.
So for anything special, they're the go to folks. For that kind of service & assistance, a dollar or three extra is coin well spent.
Makes me think of what the concept of America's all about.

i have to agree and truly believe mr. potterfield has to be a fellow shooter and knows how it is to wait for your toys to get to ya , keep up the good work larry love your company

I have to agree with all that has been posted. Great website, great service, and great support. I have spent a good deal of money with Midway and have never had any negative experience.

+ 100000 on Midway. I have never had a bad purchase experience with Midway. They are higher sometimes but they are very fast on shipping.

It is my favorite gun/reloading "general store"...I am hooked on their fast shipping... I can be sure of getting my order two days after I place my order. Plus their shipping rates are pretty reasonable, and when you price shop it tends to be a wash when all is said and done, so the fast shipping usually tips the scales in Midway's favor.

Potterfield was Mr. Rogers' spotter in Vietnam.

If their website was faster Id use them more

I use Brownells sometimes as well but their site isnt organized for shit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Potterfield was Mr. Rogers' spotter in Vietnam. </div></div>

Haha Funny!

+1 on Midway. everything you could want and more. only drawback i've ever found is that they are frequently out of Black Hills 308 175gr. which makes me go elsewhere, but besides that they are great. and the Mr. Rogers and Amazon of shooting supplies comments were right on!

How about the shipping?
I am usually surprised by how quick I get my stuff.

BTW, I see them get slammed on other sites.

Yet another way this site is different in a good way.

Ditto on appreciating the fast shipping. I've spent thousands there over the past year and have no complaints at all. They're a first class outfit.

FWIW,

I have had nothing but great experiences with Midway USA with the exception of Powder & Primers.
Myself and several other folks that I know of have placed orders for powder and primers that showed that they were in stock.
The orders went through and after a week of waiting without a shipping notice I called.
They stated that their Powder & Primers were handled at a different location and that they were having problems.
This same issue happened three times in about a three month period.

Love the company and that Birthday discount is killer, but I wish things would get fixed regarding powder and primers.

I had some issues when ordering primers and powder from them also. They do not stock primers or powder it is drop shipped from the manufacture.There is a delay in some cases because even if Midway shows it as in stock when they prosess your order it may not still be in stock at the manuf.When you oder online it takes a while for them to tell you this. The company they get it from will not ship a powder or primer order unless it is 100% so if 1 idem is missing you have to reorder or wait.Bottom line is always call and talk to a sales person when ordering primers or powder. they will check stock while you are on the phone and avoid delays.Besides that they are the best and it's not their fault the Manuf. is screwed up.
Scot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repins2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for midway. Ole Potterfield seems like a real cool dude and is super surious about promoting shooting sports. Hell they sponser the intire "Wednesday at the Range" on outdoor channel. Only wish they would rerun so much but hey It's Way better then nothing. </div></div>

+1 totally agree great store and great guy/rep for the shooting sports.

I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them and i've always been happy. Minor issue for me is that UPS changed the way they handle packages from Midway in terms of coming here to Kansas City, which is 140miles from Columbia where Midway is located. It used to be, I order on Monday morning, and had the package Tuesday afternoon. Now, I order Monday, and get it wednesday because UPS takes it all the way to Earth City (St Louis basically), and then trucks it all the way back to Kansas city to deliver to my house.

Pricewise for bullets, and brass, I order from Powder valley. They destroy Midway on shipping costs, and it's in Kansas so it's tax free for me. It takes longer for them to get things out, but that's ok.

Wish Midway stocked large jugs of powder that I buy, I would drive there to pickup to save the hazmat charge.

Branden

Midway USA is amazing although my wife isn't one of their strongest supporters. Sometimes she hides my catalogues !
With a 10$ off 50$ coupon almost always available who can complain !?

midway is good if they have what you want in stock. Just beware of their shipping cost. If you want primers and powder they stick it in your ass with double fees. And if you back order something on a order with other stuff in stock, they charge you shipping an that item and then again when they ship it. Mr. Butterfield is making as much on shipping as he is on normal retail markup. They are no longer my go to place unless I NEED it and no one else has it.

Midway USA.
<span style="color: #33CC00">A++</span> for selection, shipping speed, up-to-date stock information, and order feedback/tracking.
<span style="color: #FF0000">F--</span> for the shitty-slow web site.

Midway is one of my go to shops, and I spend about 80% of my budget there. I have always gotten excellent customer service form them and they always seem to have competitive pricing. There sales are often and generally worthwhile. If they only sold weapons it would be a truly one stop shop....hint, hint

Slow website?? I THINK THAT HAS MORE TO DO WITH YOUR SLOW COMPUTER OR CONNECTION SPEED... I have fiber optic and there is nothing at all wrong with there web site speed, if there wa I would know.

I have been buying from them for years, never had a bad experience.

Midway does do a good job of getting out what you order and taking care of you from my experiences. Not to mention the prices arent that bad either.

grafs.com is another good one that I go to frequently. Great shipping costs
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the shipping?
I am usually surprised by how quick I get my stuff.

BTW, I see them get slammed on other sites.

Yet another way this site is different in a good way. </div></div>

+1 I've ordered from them half a dozen times or so and most times I had my order in 2 days. 3 days tops.
Also, You gotta love Larry Potterfield. He does seem like a genuinely cool guy. And in my opinion, "Wednesday Night At The Range" is some of the best programming on tv nowadays.

I used to resist ordering from Midway, simply because I hate to pay the MO sales tax, living in MO. But the tax burden has been overshadowed by the speed of their service. I am probably one of a handful of people left who writes checks and does not use a credit card. It still doesn't seem to matter on speed of delivery. My hat is off to Midway's service and all they contribute to the shooting sports as well.

I love midway, I get a lot of my stuff from midway. It's fast, easy, and the people there are super nice.

I ordered one of the trigger guards from magpul and it was here in 3 days flat, not bad.

They do me right most times, back ordered stuff is a pain but they are a business and do the best they can, which is far better than some places.

I like Midway. Also, just google "midway promotion code" and you can usually get the shipping cost covered if you order more than $50.

They now use UPS "Basic" which is a weird service. I think UPS handles the delivery to the local USPS hub and then hands it over there. Anything shipped UPS Basic ends up in my regular mail.

I like Midway but I made the mistake of ordering something and having it sent UPS "Basic", all my other parts were in and I had to wait 2 weeks for the "basic". Upgrade your shipping when you can!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come June 1st I will have promo codes for Sniper's Hide members to use at Midway.. </div></div>

You are indeed a God...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Potterfield was Mr. Rogers' spotter in Vietnam. </div></div>
Funny, I like it.
I would guess they mostly shoot cats?

A+ for midway from me also. Never had a single problem and made plenty orders from them.

I have had good luck with Midway too, same type scenario happened on a bottle of bore solvent and they replaced it for free. I find Natchez SS might be a little cheaper but +1 for Midway service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come June 1st I will have promo codes for Sniper's Hide members to use at Midway.. </div></div>

Why are there always deals right after I order something big? Oh well, an excuse to buy more.

I was just about to place a huge order...but I'm going to wait for these codes to see if I can save some money now.

I used one of their codes when I ordered my McMillan from them and got $75 off!

Midway gives great service and that is why they have lasted as long as they have while others have failed. Sometimes they are more expensive but they are quick at shipping and have great customer service.

The only thing I don't like about them is their shipping prices are really high. I just ordered a rifle shipping box and the shipping was $35, twice what the box cost. Other than that, they are great.