• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Midway, WOW! component purchasers beware.

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    All I have to say once again is WOW!…shit!...WTF! and seriously?

So a few of you may remember a thread I put out last week with a silly letter to Larry Potterfield. I since shut the thread down as Midway agreed to patch the issue. This was in regards to a shipment I received of 250gr Scenars that had been shipped loosely in a plastic bag and basically exploded in the bag. And strangely enough some of the scenars were missing, as well the scenar box had been taped up as if it was already opened before shipping. So after about 45 minutes on the phone with Midway they agreed to ship me a new box of scenars to replace the missing bullets. Phewwww…..well, I just got my new box of scenars, once again shipped in no more than a plastic bag, I have not opened the bag yet as it's obvious the scenars box has again exploded inside and everything is jumbled in the package. It feels like a very heavy bean bag, crazy.

It's one thing to bitch and not try to remedy the situation, it's another entirely to try your best to give people and vendors a chance. If they don't deliver then it's on them. I would advise to think twice unless you are willing to have similar results if your purchasing components such as bullets from Midway.

First box shipped.
    SwwgXA.jpg

Pics to follow of second bag tonight.

I think it's the post office. They are a bunch of assholes. They lost a shipment of bullets last month. I called Midway and they sent me another at no charge.

Wait till you order about 4 different weights of the same bullets caliber and design and all the boxes or bags open in shipment . Lots of time on the scale separating them.

Dude it is the post office or the shipper. I ordered 3 boxes of 175gr Scenar L loaded ammo. The brown box was damaged, the lapua boxes were damaged. Ammo damaged to be determined although it looks.

I can empathize. I ordered a noveske barrel from them for an AR build and it shipped in a plastic envelope.

If you'd like the item's packaging to stay intact simply choose regular ground shipping. Anything I've ever gotten shipped ground from midway has always been over-packaged, lots of padding. It will cost more though. I'm assuming if it was a bag it was USPS delivery so if I'm wrong I'm curious about that.

I've never had an issue ordering from midway. Looks like the post office is to blame

Bullshit, you order bullets from Gunstop, Bullets.com. Butch's, you don't have this problem. There's flat rate boxes that would be cheaper to ship in, why can't they use them?
    Midway's packing has sucked for years, their UPS packages bust loose as well. As for shippers, how would you like to pick up 2' square boxes with a 60lb surprise in the far left corner, some of their shit comes so awkwardly packed, I'd drop it too so I could re-grip.

Shipping a heavy plastic box of bullets in a bag is fucking stupid.

Doing it twice, after the first time resulted in a loss???

99% of the time I order from Midway, I pay extra for UPS Ground and have not ever gotten a bubble bag when shipping that method. I have had a grossly oversized box for my merchandise, but it hasn't been an issue for me (Amazon is WAY worse about this in my experience than Midway is).

While I like most appreciate Midway's shipping charges coming down...it doesn't have to be (nor should it be!) at the expense of customer service and good common sense.

Midway has been at this game for a very long time, so there is no excuse. I do have to admit that I had a shipment of 308/155 scenars from Grafs and had the same thing happen, the side busted out and the bullets were all over the box. Yes, I do agree its rough handling at the PO, but I took pics and sent to Grafs and the next time I ordered the packaging was good to go.

My point is keep sending feedback, as your order number goes back to them, they "should" try to find who is responsible for the bad packaging as it is a loss of revenue for the company.