• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midwest Rifle Master Challenge, Missouri, March

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
This is it. The match asked about here is officially on.

Check it out here: MRMBC

This will be a very fun match, you will be presented with things you have not seen before and it goes to a great cause.

Fee is $185 per competitor.

Registration opens December 1st at 12:00 pm. Just send me an email at Precisionrifles @ gmail dot com.

I will take up to 40 shooters. Sponsor spots will available as well.

I still need some ROs, if interested, let me know. ROs will get free room and board and get to shoot their very own side match.

Also accepting sponserships, just send me an email if interested. This benefits a 501c3 agency, so all donations not only support the shooting sports and increase your exposure, but are also tax deductable as a charitable donation.

Re: Midwest Rifle Master Challenge, Missouri, March

Can you give us a Idea of the format ? Shooter / Spotter each shooting for their own score ? Multi Day match ? Anything else that might be a determining factor in making the long ride.

I'm going to say were in, pending some answers
smile.gif

It will be an individual match. I have no problem with shooters helping each other out with spotting, though. There will be a fair amount of humping, so i would not personally carry a spotting scope. This is a natural terain match, so no berms to see splash.

It is a multi day match, Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. If people are traveling, might as well give em a chance to do a lot of shooting.

You will get to do some cool stuff, I promise.

Link works for me, might have just been down, or might only work on my computer for some reason. It is a Facebook page, might have something to do with that too. If anyone has a problem with it, I will add the Match Description here.

Just in case.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here or on FB, there is a very real possibility I left out pertinant info.

March 16, 17 and 18, 2012

Description

Its on. This is a high level, extremely challenging tactical precision shooting match. This is your chance to put it on the line against the best shooters in the Country. You will be challenged with multiple stages set in natural terrain.

Friday, March 16-18

Located 15 minutes from Camdenton, Missouri on 270 acres.

You can expect a Friday evening safety briefing, zero range and dinner (provided) as well as the first shooting stage for score. Saturday will be a full day of shooting and Sunday will have a half day of shooting as well as the awards ceremony. There will be a 50/50 Calcutta Friday night, the winner of which will head home with a pocket full of cash.

Some stages will involve physical activity, shooting in natural terain, high angle shooting, short range targets, long range targets and lots of challenges.

You will need to bring 200 rounds of rifle ammo, 150 rounds of pistol ammo and comfortable (preferably waterproof) boots.

You will need a scoped, center fire rifle that you are very familiar with, a pistol, extra magazines for both and a method of carrying weapons and gear safely.

Laser rangefinders are permitted, and in fact, encouraged. Some stages will require you to not use them, but most are fair game.

Any pistol will be acceptable. Rifle may be any caliber up to a. 30 caliber projectile with a muzzle velocity at or below 3100 fps.

Bring an open mind, able body and mental sharpness...a calculator would be a good idea too.

Now, the good part; all proceeds from this match will be split between AmericanSniper.org (ASO) and Children's Learning Center (CLC). ASO is a non profit organization who's mission is to get the neccesary gear to the men and women on the front line defending our freedom so they can save lives, complete missions and get home safely. CLC is a non profit agency that provides early childhood development instruction and theropy to children with disabilities. These are both great organizations that are making a real diffenence in peoples lives.

Match fee will be $185 dollars per competitor. Registration will open December 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm. If you wish to compete, send an email to [email protected] with your name and address indicating that you wish to compete. Instructions will be forwarded back to the email you used.

The Sleep Inn in Camdenton is offering a discount rate to competitors, more information to follow. There are lodging, dining and shopping opportunities in Camdenton. There are a lot more options in Osage Beach, which is an additional 20 or so minutes away...pretty much anything you want.

If you are interested in helping or sponsoring, send me an email. This a is an opportunity to donate to a wonderful cause, support shooting sports and use a charitable tax deduction. Also, if you want to send representatives and demo products, there will be a large, indoor, secure area for displaying items and prime visual space for banners at the entrance to the facility.

By the way, anyone is welcome to camp on the property as well. There are even four full hookup spot available, first reserve, first get, of coarse.

Wait until Dec 1st to register. Any other inquiries can be submitted now.

Any questions can be asked here or on the FB page.

Thanks

What's the closest airport?

Springfield, MO is the closest big airport, about 1.5 hours out. There is a small airport in Camdenton and a medium one in Osage Beach, 15 and 30 minutes, respectively.

Thanks. Just looking at where to fly in. How far is Kansas City?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Registration will open December 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm.</div></div>

Just clarification: You meant December 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm, not 2012, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Registration will open December 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm.</div></div>

Just clarification: You meant December 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm, not 2012, right? </div></div>

Good catch...yes, it is 2011.

Sounds like a good time. this a must for me I only live an hour from camdenton. I have never had the chance to compete in a match like this but I am eager to do it. I will go even if I am not one of the first 40 to enter.

The Sleep Inn in Camdenton is offering a special rate of $75 per room, per night.

Just need to call to make the reservation and tell them you are with the shooting match.

573-346-4501

I will repost this info when it gets closer, just wanted to let everyone know.

Re: Midwest Rifle Master Challenge, Missouri, Marc

I'll try to carpool somehow if we need to. I got wheels if someone wants to split the diesel and the driving. If I go that is. Taking wife to keys for her 40th in march.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the closest airport? </div></div>

Real nice local airport in Lebanon. I could pick you up there.

3 full hookup RV spots remaining...did Geordie ever get that motor home?!

George, thank you for the sponsorship, I will contactt you with details. You might as well come shoot, I hear the fishing is horrible that time of year.
laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone. This will be a fun shoot.

I'm planning on going, will be driving from Lincoln, NE, through Kansas city. Not sure If I'll be competing or just spectating yet, but if anyone wants a ride or pickup/dropoff at KC, shoot me an IM.

Well can't let Chase go alone. So I'm in.

I will see if I can work this one in. I like this call out..

"Its on. This is a high level, extremely challenging tactical precision shooting match. This is your chance to put it on the line against the best shooters in the Country. You will be challenged with multiple stages set in natural terrain."

How can you not answer it?

Hehe

The voice in your head-

You must answer the call...

Sounds like fun.

Any more details on the sidearm portion of the match?

30cal, done. The ROs will still get to shoot everything too, just not for prize table items ( I am working on something for the RO match, though). ROs are welcome to stay for the weekend, or the week prior, whatever works out for them.

Pax, there will be quite a bit of pistol, but most will be complimentary to a rifle stage, no strickly pistol stages. Pistol will count for score, but will be structured to where it shoudnt make or break a competitors standing with rifle performance. Don't neglect it, but don't freak out over it either.

I'll help out anyway needed. Whether that be RO, scorer or help with food etc etc.

A teaser to get your mind working, here is a partial stage list:

Blind Faith
Cracked Up
Tower
Aquatic Ops
Break Contact
Over Under
Know your Horse
Over the river and through the woods
Loophole
Ridge

Plus, many more. You are going to need good DOPE and know your equipment.

This is going to be fun.

can you give me an idea on max range for rifle to determine witch rifle to bring

Max range will be +/- 900 yards. All targets are reactive, plus a few paper, and must visibly move for score. That way there is no debate as to splash on targets. They are steel,AR500, so keep in mind that some energy downrange will be needed.

will it be possible to register more than one person with one email because we are a team of 6 shooters from SO. IL.? If not what happens if shooter or spotter not accepted?

Tony, I need a separate email from each competitor. There is a good chance that team mates will get squared together, bit no guarantee.

Yes, ROs will be using spotting scopes to identify hits.

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!

When we register on Dec. 1, how soon will you let us know if we are in?

Got it programed in my phone to alert me 10 min prior and the email in my draft box
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it programed in my phone to alert me 10 min prior and the email in my draft box
wink.gif
</div></div>

Same here. Hope to make it in, would be my first real match, besides 3 gun, and close to home.