• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midwest Rifle Master Challenge, Missouri, March

Re: Midwest Rifle Master Challenge, Missouri, March

Just a heads up, I have been getting more interest in this then I thought. The field is going to be very talented. Make sure you are on the ball with the registration emails!

There are some great and generous sponsors on board, too.

Thanks again for all the interest.

OK, all, tomorrow at noon, central time, I need an email with your name and address. I will reply with instructions or how to pay and other info.

One email per competitor, please.

I will PM all who have expressed an interest in ROing the end of the week.

Thanks again

Have patience guys.

Wow, I got hammered with emails. I will sort them out by time stamp and let everyone know their status within the next few days. I will get the emails out as fast as I can.

Thanks again for all the interest.

Made it in! This will be my first "long range" match. Will be a little transition from 3 gun I'm sure, and look forward to it. It will be nice to be able to put some faces to names from here finally.

Thanks for the chance to do this close to home.

Should be a good time. I have only done 4 matches out to 800. Never a 2 gun match. I guess I got to start shooting the pistol as well.

I want to thank everyone who registered. All confirmation emails should be out. The match is full.

I can still take a few more ROs. If interested, you will still get to shoot all the stages in the RO match.

Thanks again,

Brian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Just looking at where to fly in. How far is Kansas City?

</div></div>
Fly into Lambert. You can ride with me and my buddy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to thank everyone who registered. All confirmation emails should be out. The match is full.

I can still take a few more ROs. If interested, you will still get to shoot all the stages in the RO match.

Thanks again,

Brian </div></div>

I could RO, my buddy Scott would probably do it as well. i can let you know.

Sweet I made it. This will be a great time.

I'm in. See you boys there. Now I gotta dust off that pistol.

Tony and I are in.

Made it in looks like its going to be a good time. Four of us from SO IL two from TENN. Merry Christmas to everyone.

I'm in!

So can you give us some format on how your match will be run/scored. Straight time like 3-gun or fixed time. Just looking for some details so some practice can begin.

any chance we could get a zero before comp starts? Thinking about dropping down from the upper midwest, march sucks in mn

RO's still needed?

Josie, I do still need some ROs. Send me a PM.

Toygunner, the stages will be timed, but you either finish or you don't. There is no modified scoring for times.

Times will be set to make sure there is pressure, but will be generous.

really hate that I didnt get in the first 40 but guess that's life, I am willing to RO (after sweet talking the wife) if you still need it. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Merry christmas everybody. Have you considered a 2nd shoot????

Any info on how many rounds on each stage and are we carrying all the ammo the whole match. Just thinking ,so i can get gear set up and how much space it will take up in pack.

Poorboy, bring the quad and trailor. You can pull everyone's gear... LOL.

That is a good question though. That will tell me what pack to bring. I still cannot decide on what pistol to bring.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, Christmas kicked my ass in the free time department.

I would plan on carrying half your ammo, may not need it, but, just in case. We will be covering a lot of ground, but never to far from the parking area and we will traverse through it a few times.

Plan on packing ammo, mags, some water (will also be provided), snacks and gear appropriate to the weather. It could be sunny and 70 or it could be colder then hell and snowing...don't know. You will also want a notepad and pencil, a laser range finder, maybe some extra batteries and anything else you think you might need. Just don't overdo it, its easy to do.

There will be a zero range available Friday night, but, I would highly recommend you show up with your rifle ready to rock...just in case.

Couple of things...it will be important to know your rifle, if it is between one you know and a new hot little thing, I would chose familiar. Also, most of the targets are going to be reactive...scores will be given when the target visibly moves, make sure you have enough energy to affect the target.

We will be stretching it out and it has been windy this winter...it may be, it may not be. It usually is not that bad here, but plan for wind.

Yeah, I know, I didn't make caliber selection easy, huh?

Know your scope and know your dope and you will be fine. We are going to do some fun stuff, stuff that you don't get to do a lot...its gonna be fun.
cool.gif

Every onehas been wondering howto pack. Well, I was thinking the same thing. So I decided to pack just like I did When I was enlisted. I went to the surplus Store in Columbia,MO and put to gether an LBE just like I used w/but pack. My wife gave for XMAS the rifle case/shooting mat/drag bag I will be carring my rifle and shooting aids in and the rest on the LBE. Right or wrong that is what I am doing, so I hope it helps some one else think of how to pack. Also they said to bring a range finder. I only have the cheap Bushnell 400. So thats is what I am bring. I don't have the money to blow on a fancy range finder. So I will be Milling most of my targets....it works good.

Spectators allowed? I am planning on going by myself. I would love to commit to help be a R.O. but if the weather turns to shit I can't promise I will even go, since I will be driving and my knee doesn't take too well to freezing temperatures... in time on the latter though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spectators allowed? I am planning on going by myself. I would love to commit to help be a R.O. but if the weather turns to shit I can't promise I will even go, since I will be driving and my knee doesn't take too well to freezing temperatures... in time on the latter though.</div></div>

I asked him in an email if spectators are allowed, that my wife would like to come and take pictures. he said yes, the more pictures the better.

Do you still need ROs?

Any more details or updates on this match?

Shooter list. This is a very tallented field.

Its going to be a great competition!

Jamie Lawson
Adam Hembree
William Lovewell
Ted Gilewicz
William Hemeyer
Sean Doke
Ryan Castle
Ron Koenig
Trina Koenig
Pete Brown
Bradley Bell
Tony Rainey
Bart Baldwin
Jason Greene
Brandon White
Brian Kohl
Isaac Frank
William Rainey
Joe Reeves
Chase Wells
Rob Ormond
Denis Niederhoffer
James Ramsey
Ray Sanchez, Jr.
Tony Gimmellie
Dan Tuller
Karyn Tuller
Jason Waller
Kenny Hudson
Jeremy Welch
Tom Ancona
Dennis Bell
Scott Perkins
Mike Mehrle
Bill Petry
Ken Lin
Marvin McGeorge
Art Dambacher
Benjamin Voss
Branden Burkhart
Floyd Cook
Chuck Edwards
Peter Eiberger
Dennis Carpenter

Any chance of getting a description of the COF?

Can you tell us how many rounds we will be shooting for the pistol at each station? That way I know what pistol to bring.

Also how many rifle rounds per station.

Round count will vary depending on the stage.

Everything will be combat oriented. Some stages will require one round, some will be unlimited.

Just bring a few extra mags and you will be fine.