• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mifflin County Sportsman's Club

Sniper Uncle

Patriot Marksman Trainee
Minuteman
Today my wife and I became members at the Mifflin County Sportsman's Club near Lewistown, PA. We were welcomed by several long time members and had a wonderful afternoon. The range is first rate, out to 1035 yards, and a rock to shoot at one mile.
I started at 500 with my 338LM and some older load work-ups that are now obsolete, and with help from my new friends, Jeff and Jeff, worked up to 1035 yards.
I also shot my Schmidt-Rubin K-31 with iron sights and hit the 30" steel at 1035 yards. Had a blast.
My wife did outstanding too her first shot with my 338, I drew her a picture of the reticle and sight-picture on the holds at the 1035 yard steel, and she hit steel first time. She has never shot that rifle before, let alone shit over 200 yards. I am very proud of her.

Very nice. I shot there three summers ago. The club should warn you that you will need a 4x4 to reach the targets. I didn't know about the rock at a mile...that is good to know.

Yeah, the hill is a bit steep and the shooting berms do have a pretty fierce break-over, don't they? They did a lot of work in the spring on the range with a bulldozer, and improved it. The rock is actually on County ground now, but as I understand it, it is under purchase agreement. Must not use any tracer or incendiary ammo----not that I would anyway.

A couple of my buddies go there and I've been aching to go. And like you, they always have a great time there.

It's a great range with really good people. Black Hat Tactical often has really good classes there too

I'm trying to make it there next week to check it out. I'm sure I will love it compared to my range and will be bringing an application/check with me as well. It's a bit more than 4 hours one way from my home, but small price to pay to shoot the distance on steel.

I'm trying to make it there next week to check it out. I'm sure I will love it compared to my range and will be bringing an application/check with me as well. It's a bit more than 4 hours one way from my home, but small price to pay to shoot the distance on steel.

No need to bring an application with you. Just bring cash and stop in at Dan Pierce's Outdoor Shop in Lewistown. They sell memberships right there. They will charge a 3% fee though if paying for it with credit card since it isn't for the store. You'll just fill out your membership card right there and take it with you. If you make it up this way let me know I am looking at going in the next week or so to zero.

No need to bring an application with you. Just bring cash and stop in at Dan Pierce's Outdoor Shop in Lewistown. They sell memberships right there. They will charge a 3% fee though if paying for it with credit card since it isn't for the store. You'll just fill out your membership card right there and take it with you. If you make it up this way let me know I am looking at going in the next week or so to zero.

Really, just like that? That's incredible. I will send you a PM later this week and share my schedule to see if we can meet up.

Last edited:
Yes its really like that. I bought my family membership the same time I did the transfer for my rifle. I want to say this years fees are 60 an individual and 70 for family. Ok sounds good

Thanks for the info. I've trained with a few Mifflin members at Palymra Sportsman Club who keep trying to get me out there. I've been itching to take my P308 past 200 yds and will be receiving the lower for my Recce rifle tomorrow. I plan to get a membership and head up there in the next few weeks myself. Mifflin is about 2 hours from my house.

I have been looking for a place to shoot a mile seen your message about Mifflin l Cole th pres and he din't know anything boot it do they still have the mile?

I am a member there but haven't made it out there yet. It is also about a 4-hr ride. Maybe we should pick a few dates in March to meet.

I too am looking at building a retirement home in the mountains just south of there!!

I just went yesterday for the first time and I must say everyone I met is very friendly and that is an impressive range. I also learned that having a truck was a great benefit for getting back in there. Whenever you guys want to set up dates let me know and Ill come over. Ill also admit trying to find it for the first time proved challenging as the road splits a church and the pavilion that goes with the church.

Went there a couple of weeks ago. Didn't see any rock. Just trees for about 200 yards past the 1000 yard line.

Great range, lots of steel targets all over the place, and the people up there are awesome.

50 BMG friendly too. Just make sure you're hitting the mountain. I know it's hard to miss but I'm just sayin.

--Fargo007

You have to look on the ridge about 10:30-10:45 to see the rock.

is this it? while there all i could see was trees. looking at this picture, im guessing this is it? is it exactly 1760 yards? anyone know exact distance?

barrett.jpg

Does anyone know if you can park a larger fifth wheel on their camping spots?

I shoot there.. fun place.

I wish the hillside was in better shape. Its not very well irrigated and the road washes out and you can forget about driving up in anything but a 4x4. Im about 1.5 hours away so driving a truck up is hard on gas.

It is what it is....

Not just a 4x4, but i would say a raised 4x4. I have a subaru outback, but those ridges past about 300 yards were almost too much for my friends raised tacoma. Really needs to be flattened out and holes filled in. I would pay extra every year if they kept it maintained.

Not just a 4x4, but i would say a raised 4x4. I have a subaru outback, but those ridges past about 300 yards were almost too much for my friends raised tacoma. Really needs to be flattened out and holes filled in. I would pay extra every year if they kept it maintained.

Yes... and yes.

I got up to the 1000 yard line with my chevy cruze once... that was an adventure lol.