• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mighty Armory Full length sizing die

D46Infinity

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Las Vegas NV
Has anyone used their full length sizing die? I'm needin a new sizing die for my 6.5 creedmoor gasser.

These are somewhat new and I'm curious if anyone has used their dies, including their universal decapper for lapua small primer pocket brass

Thanks

Hey man I have a 6.5CM and .308 FL Mighty Armory sizing dies. Wayne has put in ample time, math, into the engineering of these products. If you ask him he will send you a Lapua SR decapping pin for your die. With the MA FL die there is no need for a expander mandrel. Using the die is like a hot knife in butter. The expander...... it over engineered in the best way

Here are a few photos of the .308 in work
Peterson Cartridge LR
X3 Firing
Yes that is 3 shots. I shot another 10 rounds with minimal increase in numbers
Chargemaster Lite

Once I get the 6.5CM results i will post

Attachments

• 20190505_090240.jpg
    20190505_090240.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: camocorvette
I do use their decappers and they work well generally, but I’m trying to figure out what makes their resizer die any better than other premium dies?

I’m in the same boat, just looking to see if anyone has feedback on them.

That_dude info looks good.

I’m just wondering if I should spend the 90.00 for it as I can get a complete set of Forster dies for the same money.

I’m right at 50/50 on it on buying it.

Call and speak to Wayne the owner of Mighty Armory and take a look at the design he has . He spend a lot of time getting his cuts perfect

Also the I can use the die on a Dillon 650xL to size a ton at one time and achieve my shoulder bump . Less time on the bench more shooting

I have a 6.5 CM sizing die, I run it on my 550. I gently sanded .003" off the bottom of the die so that it wouldn't compress on my shellplate and give me proper shoulder bump. Once I did that -

Holy sheets, the thing sizes like butter. Smoother than my Redding FL/carbide ball, smoother than any other caliber sizing die I have.

The expander is neat. I appreciate them sending decapping pins, as well as just a centering piece (I decap off press). It's supposed to be mandrel like- I've never used a mandrel, but I looked at them real hard before getting the MA die. It's right at .262". I've been toying with the idea of increasing neck tension - I may contact MA to see if they can do a .261 or .260 for me in the future.

I have a 6.5 CM sizing die, I run it on my 550. I gently sanded .003" off the bottom of the die so that it wouldn't compress on my shellplate and give me proper shoulder bump. Once I did that -

Holy sheets, the thing sizes like butter. Smoother than my Redding FL/carbide ball, smoother than any other caliber sizing die I have.

The expander is neat. I appreciate them sending decapping pins, as well as just a centering piece (I decap off press). It's supposed to be mandrel like- I've never used a mandrel, but I looked at them real hard before getting the MA die. It's right at .262". I've been toying with the idea of increasing neck tension - I may contact MA to see if they can do a .261 or .260 for me in the future.
Could agree more on how easy they size now. Everything is beefed up on the decapper and expander

Attachments

• 20190509_184006.jpg
    20190509_184006.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 293
  • 20190601_172013.jpg
    20190601_172013.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: camocorvette
Well I got curious about the sizing dies and ordered a .308 to see how it does with brass fired from an OBR with that xtran chamber. It was just delivered and my initial impression is it’s a beast. The inside has a mirrored finish and the mandrel is well done.

I’ll size up some brass and see how it does tonight. I size with an honed Forster and follow with a mandrel so if it takes a step out of my process I’ll be happy.

Well I got curious about the sizing dies and ordered a .308 to see how it does with brass fired from an OBR with that xtran chamber. It was just delivered and my initial impression is it’s a beast. The inside has a mirrored finish and the mandrel is well done.

I’ll size up some brass and see how it does tonight. I size with an honed Forster and follow with a mandrel so if it takes a step out of my process I’ll be happy.

I'm interested to hear how it compares to the mandrel setup, if you notice any differences in runout accuracy, seating, etc etc. It's probably internet talk, but it feels like the mandrel is held up as the gold standard for sizing processes.

Reactions: Wizard1183
I have the MA FL sizing dies in 308, 6.5 creed, and 223 Rem. I agree with all the positive that has been said already. Super slick, sizes like butter, no exp mandrel needed as an added step anymore. My runout on the case necks is 0.001” which is very good.

I got to size about 10 pieces of brass fired out of the xtran chamber just to see how it felt and it was smooth as hell. My battery died in my calipers so I didn’t do any more. 10 pieces isn’t anything to draw off of but it was a night and day difference between the Forster and MA. There was just no effort /resistance at all sizing brass with the flutes from the chamber. I mean it was so smooth and easy my 6 yr old daughter could have easily sized some brass. I have to say I’m impressed so far.

I just got a MA FL sizing die for 6.5 CM. Hands down the best die I've used. I have redding xompitition dies and LE wilson dies and this thing puts them to shame. I csnt wait for his seating die.

I just got a MA FL sizing die for 6.5 CM. Hands down the best die I've used. I have redding xompitition dies and LE wilson dies and this thing puts them to shame. I csnt wait for his seating die.

What makes it put the others to shame?

.001" run out on the neck. Ive never got results like that. Was the only thing I changed in my process and my sd dropped and groups tighter. Sesting feels much more.consistant as well. Don't have a gauge for that but im a strong believer. Wayne is also a stand up guy they approached solutions a little differently they the rest. Im looking forward to his seater.

Another point. They are made from better steel. He uses A2 and M4 alone with other super steel Good. Good quality knife steel are not very comon in the die manufacturing industry because they are hard on the equipment. I havent heard of anyone using super steels. Even his decap pins are super steel hasnt had one break yet. If you look into knife steels you'll see how much harder and stronger they are then your conventional stainless or even carbines. I an literally hammer through a stainless bolt with my A2 steel knife. Have a few barkys n some customs.

I wouldnt say that. Is it if you don't have good dies and a good press.

I get that with a regular Redding FL die. I sized 400 6.5CM cases last night and they all measured 001 or less run our. My regular budget RCBS dies do the same too.

What kind of consintricity gauge are you using?

Lee press and Lee collet for the neck.
I made my own checker years ago but quit using it when I started using Lee collets and saw the results.

Also unless your a national championship level BR or F class competitor you’re never Going to see a difference from 1-3 thou and even its questionable.

Reactions: RRW and Tier1nub
You must have some magic dies man.

Nope, most non bushing dies get that kind of concentricity. To be fair, MA dies get very good reviews, I was just hoping for some benefits specific to MA rather than benefits intrinsic to non bushing dies.

You must have some magic dies man.

No, a lot of us have just been doing this a LONG time. Regularly achieve TIR of .0005-.001 with Forster FL sizing dies... its not hard.... all measured on a 21st century concentricty gage.

Have you tested runout differences?? I've done extensive testing with 6.5x47L testing runout up to .004 and guess what, made ZERO difference down range. Its generally stated that acceptable runout is .003 or less.

Wayne is a good dude. I've spoken to him many times, I have 6 of his decapping dies.. he's sent me each new pin hes created. I'm using his latest that will not bend, you can punch through brass with them. Some magical knife steel isn't what makes them so strong....its the heat treatment as Wayne explained to me.

Reactions: Tier1nub
How does this sizing die work, does it squeeze the neck smaller and then get opened up with the expander or does the neck get squeezed against the expander mandrel like a lee collet die ?

How does this sizing die work, does it squeeze the neck smaller and then get opened up with the expander or does the neck get squeezed against the expander mandrel like a lee collet die ?

Like any other FL sizing die. Neck is squeezed, expander mandrel opens it back up

Reactions: Palo
Was reading through this thread. Good info.
Why is that guy pushing a stupid looking decapping die?

Judging by the coupon code, he's getting a kickback.

It looks dumb, and it's super tall, but it works alright. I'm not totally sold, since it did punch a second flash hole in one of my 6BRA cases. I thought it auto centered, but I guess it doesn't work 100%.

I have known Wayne (Mighty Armory) since 2018, back when I was running the ammo processing portion of the local machine gun range's ammo plant. He's a good dude, and knows his stuff. He makes a hell of a product. We ran his dies in autodrive presses all day everyday. I've also personally been using his Magnum 100 decapping die and Lapua version since 2018 as well. Love them! My RCBS decappers collect dust. The MA die is just superior in literally EVERY way. I did use his .223/5.56 die at the ammo plant for a while. VERY early prototype run. Solid product, as well. 👍🏼

Attachments

• AD1EA423-0187-4994-AEC3-92D5E19763D5.jpeg
    AD1EA423-0187-4994-AEC3-92D5E19763D5.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 80016561-F9D1-4BCF-8A0B-EFD994732050.jpeg
    80016561-F9D1-4BCF-8A0B-EFD994732050.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 94C974EB-B394-48B8-B0E8-9233F79D9EBE.jpeg
    94C974EB-B394-48B8-B0E8-9233F79D9EBE.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 98
I have a 300 BO and 45 acp resizing die on order. Unfortunately my USPS MOs sent to Mighty Armory are AOL. Wayne never got them. I also plan to buy Mighty Armory's 30-06, 223, 308, and 6.5 CM resizing dies in the near future.

Their gold sizing dies are top-notch. The machine quality is top notch compared to Redding and Forster FL dies...love them! You can feel the difference when sizing brass

Reactions: SmithM21
Currently I'm sizing with Redding bushing dies. I full length size and use the bushing to neck size .002 smaller than final desired size (pre bullet seating) and then expand with a mandrel to .003 under bullet size (semi auto). I've looked at the MA dies and like what I see, but since they don't use bushings I don't think I can use them with my process. Am I missing something here?

Currently I'm sizing with Redding bushing dies. I full length size and use the bushing to neck size .002 smaller than final desired size (pre bullet seating) and then expand with a mandrel to .003 under bullet size (semi auto). I've looked at the MA dies and like what I see, but since they don't use bushings I don't think I can use them with my process. Am I missing something here?

Yes, they eliminate ALL the steps you just mentioned. You only use the Gold FL Sizing die... I no longer do all of that like I did for years..same results, accuracy and SD's

Yes, they eliminate ALL the steps you just mentioned. You only use the Gold FL Sizing die... I no longer do all of that like I did for years..same results, accuracy and SD's
Thats what I'm seeing as well.

So I'm processing .223 Lapua brass. You're saying I'll get .003 neck tension just using the one die without a mandrel to expand the necks?

So I'm processing .223 Lapua brass. You're saying I'll get .003 neck tension just using the one die without a mandrel to expand the necks?
It does have an expander. Just does it all in one stroke.

Reactions: padom
I bought the 223 Gold sizing die. I was so pleased with it that I ordered the 308 Win. Gold F/L die. when I received the 308 die, there were a couple of issues with it.

First issue was I couldn't get the die to bump the shoulders on thicker brass; Federal GMM and Military brass down to SAAMI min. (1.630"). Even with a shell holder that is shaved down .005".

I spoke to Wayne and he suggested I send the die back to be skimmed. I measured the length of the die before sending it back.
when I received the die back, it was skimmed .008".

The die now works fine, it gets the shoulders back to minimum with thick brass.

The second issue popped up when I sized some of my older Winchester brass that weighs under 165 grains and has thin necks. The necks will not get sized down enough to hold a bullet.

I did some testing with some Hornady brass that is also in the under 165 weight class. Same thing, the necks don't get sized enough to hold a bullet.

I took some of my thicker brass, Federal GMM, Remington and Military brass. The die sized the necks perfectly.

This older Winchester and Hornady brass I have is from lots made in the early 2000's. Current lots are thicker and weigh in the 170+ class.

I have Redding bushing dies and it seems that brass that have necks from the .331"-.333" bushing size won't get sized down enough in the M/A die. Not a big deal, since I can run cases through my Lee Collet die or use a .331" or .333" bushing and neck size the cases.

I was surprised since all of the regular factory F/L dies for 308 Win. that I've used over the years would size any unaltered factory brass.

The 223 gold die sized all of the various 223 Mfg. case necks I have.

I'll keep the 308 die as is since I can deal with the older brass as needed.

I did some runout measurements with both dies and the runout is low.

They are very nice dies.