• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mike Lucas Bore Guide

AussieShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2005
Australia
Where can I buy a Mike Lucas bore guide for a 308 & 223 both with Remington 700 actions using Dewey rods and will send to Australia?

Thanks 19scout77, I'll email him and see how it goes.

I read somewhere that he doesn't deliver to Aus. I'm hoping there wrong.

Use the email 19Scout77 gave. In your email tell Mike your shipping address, brand/model of your action, caliber, and make/model of your cleaning rod.

I think trying to import 2 of them is going to be more trouble than its worth.

Has anyone tried the AI bore guide and what do they think?

Just buy the plastic white ones from sin Clair. They are way fucking cheaper and do the job just as well. I never understood the obsession with the Lucas bore guides. What a waste.

Just buy the plastic white ones from sin Clair. They are way fucking cheaper and do the job just as well. I never understood the obsession with the Lucas bore guides. What a waste.

Agreed 100%. Or the Possum Hollow ones, which I believe is the same as the Sinclair. You can get both calibers for less than the Lucas.

Ignorance is bliss...op, if you are interested i have 3 ai guides and at least 3 sinclairs i will happily ship you. After purchasing mikes, i will never use them again.

+1 19Scout77. I replaced all of my Sinclair guides with Lucas guides and never look back. Have them for both my bolt and gas guns.

+ 1 I just got mine from Mike and it's a work of art. He really comes in handy if you need a 6mm or 6.5 or 300 cal for an Ar.

I'm hoping MyUS will allow the Lucas guides to be forwarded.

I haven't had any issues getting sinclairs stuff so I don't see why Mikes guides should be any different regarding customs.

If they do have an issue then I will have no other choice but to get the next best thing (AI I believe).

I like the fact that Mikes product is plastic, has an oring and partial cutout midway for the insert/extraction of the cotton patch.

Please back up how these magic Lucas guides work better than the sin Clair ones. They do nothing different. Except say Lucas on the side. I have multiple custom rifles and have cleaned all of them for years with the sin Clair guides. And at the benchrest supershoot in Ohio that I go to every year...I never see the benchrest guys using Lucas guides, and they are the most anal sons of bitches I've ever seen. Until someone shows me pictures of problems or damage caused by the sin Clair guides, you won't see me wasting bullet and powder funds on an over priced fancy shmancy bore guide.