• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mil ATACR 4-16x42 Magnification Ring Question

ChainlinQ

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2018
Hello everyone, been lurking for a bit but finally have to ask a question. Purchasing some scopes for the unit and I need to know if the magnification on the new Nightforce ATAC-R military 4-16x42 moves the entire eyepiece when used? Have they finally moved to a different system where it is just a ring that moves when adjusting magnification rather than the entire eyepiece?

Thanks!

Damn, does anyone have input on how that affects a flip up cap with DOPE in it? Last Night Force we had the flip up cap limited the magnification.

The caps it comes with can rotate on the eyepiece so you can keep them vertical no matter the magnification youre on. They don't get in the way for me at all rotating through the mag range.

Do you mind posting a photo of it so I can show our guy in the vault?

They're just the standard Tenebraex caps that use a little collar with a scalloped ring and it sort of clicks around with minimal effort. The plastic ring that NF provides which clamps on the ocular for the cap to attach to is a plastic piece of shit however that will crack in no time. Ghetto, but using a hose clamp keeps it from breaking or will hold it on if it's already broken. You can get a nice black clamp from most hardware stores that don't stand out as terribly as the typical hose clamps and is also lower profile. NF should charge an extra $25 for the scope and include a metal version instead.

Reactions: charles63