• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MIL DOT MASTER

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
I'm a fun of electronic devices like a NOMAD, PLRF 10 C, BARRETT BORS and ballistic software..... but I think that nobody have to approach them if have not learned the normal instrument like a MIL DOT MASTER... this is mine, I've modified it a little, instead of a wire with a little weight I've used a rigid piece, more easy to handle for me.
I've created a ballistic table ( verified on the field ) for standard condition and than some correction values for different density altitude e muzzle velocity...... every time I've done some check also with interpolation the values found were always very close .1 mil plus or minus to the actual values taken from a PDA with actual meteo conditions..

DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

DSCN2652.jpg

Re: MIL DOT MASTER

They are pretty handy little things to keep around whilst shooting... i still prefer to rely on LRF and ballistic computers, however being educated in how to use your mil dot reticle is good practice
smile.gif

Thanks for the pictures David. I ditto the usefulness of not having batteries. I just got mine and practice out my office window.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love my Mildot Master. Never runs out of batteries, stops working when its wet, breaks, etc.

A classic and valuable piece of equipment. </div></div>
Every person who tells me they wish to get into long range shooting I ask them two things, do you have a range finding scope? If not get one. Do you have a Mil-Dot master? If not get one and learn how to use them both before buying a LRF or anything that runs on batteries. It should be common practice to use such items.

First learn the math......

Then learn the Master.....

Then buy electronics......

All the while..... getting as much trigger time as you can.
smile.gif

Have always just done the math. Set up my drop tables on paper in pen, to shoot off my mills. With that said, my mill master is in the mail.

Bruce Robinson was a hell of a nice guy too and a huge supporter of new shooters. I think his widow still owns the MDM product.

In the early years of the WOT, Bruce created a program called "Goodies for Grunts" which shipped a metric shitload of stuff to the guys fighting in Iraq...