• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes mil mil FFP what is one click at 100 meters

Re: mil mil FFP what is one click at 100 meters

Coincidentally.. .1 mil will also be 1" at 1000", 1 yard at 1000 yards, and one schootch at a thousand skootches
smile.gif

A thousand skootches...that's intense.

.39" if you're click is 1/10 Mil. I'm not sure how many skootches that is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What is one click at 100 meters using Mil MIL out of FFP scope ? </div></div>
Seems you are a bit confused on your terminology.
I assume (as have others) that you are asking what the shift/change in bullet impact is per one click at 100 meters? That depends on what the click value of the scope is and has nothing to do with the scope reticle being in Mils or MOA, or whether it is in the First Focal Plane or the Second Focal Plane.
Assuming the click value is 0.1mil per click, the you get a 1cm point of impact shift at 100 meters.

Here is a chart that explains what 1.0 mil is or .1 mil at 100 yards is or a .25 moa and 1.0 moa is at 100 yards.

moa-mil.gif

Aron-

+1 a picture is worth a thousand words. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flemgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That chart rocks, thanx man </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a chart that explains what 1.0 mil is or .1 mil at 100 yards is or a .25 moa and 1.0 moa is at 100 yards.

moa-mil.gif

Aron- </div></div>

Aron,
I was going to post this and then scrolled down to the quick reply and you beat me. lol Good onya

I'm about to jump into the mil/mil market myself and yea, that chart really cleared a lot up. Thanks!

And for the lucky metric users, everything is decimal, round numbers, easier and faster:

0.1 mil = 1 cm at 100 m, 2 cm at 200, 3 cm at 300... 10 cm at 1000 m

1 mil = 0.1 m at 100 m, 0.2 m at 200, 0.3 m at 300... 1.0 m at 1000 m

Aaahh! the joys of measuring BOTH object and range in the same units, and using a DECIMAL (not fractional) based system
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And for the lucky metric users, everything is decimal, round numbers, easier and faster:

0.1 mil = 1 cm at 100 m, 2 cm at 200, 3 cm at 300... 10 cm at 1000 m

1 mil = 0.1 m at 100 m, 0.2 m at 200, 0.3 m at 300... 1.0 m at 1000 m

Aaahh! the joys of measuring BOTH object and range in the same units, and using a DECIMAL (not fractional) based system
smile.gif
</div></div>

You guys got it easy!

Reactions: unedited

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasWicked1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Aron,
I was going to post this and then scrolled down to the quick reply and you beat me. lol Good onya
</div></div>

A picture can be 1000 words
laugh.gif
Plus great minds think alike
laugh.gif

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coincidentally.. .1 mil will also be 1" at 1000", 1 yard at 1000 yards, and one schootch at a thousand skootches
smile.gif
</div></div>
^ not true ^, unless it is a typo with too many "..."

1 Mil = 1" at 1000", 1 yd at 1000yds, 1' at 1000', etc.

Lowlight explains Mil (milliradian) in the following thread, first part of second post. Plus, check out the reference on line one of his post.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2599803

Kevin

Can someone tell me how to print a copy of just the chart? Probably easy to do, but I haven't broken the code yet.
Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macdaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone tell me how to print a copy of just the chart? Probably easy to do, but I haven't broken the code yet.
Thanks. </div></div>
The chart is a "gif" file. Right click on the chart and save as an image, or "copy" and paste on a blank Word or Excel sheet.

Kevin

Thanks ktdls7,

I'm on a Mac so right clicking didn't work. I did eventually figure out how to print the screen shot and then selected the piece I needed within the print function.

When my son or wife (both more computer literate than I) get home, I'll see if I can then reduce this to a size where I can keep a laminated copy with my shooting gear. There are some days that my brain just doesn't accurately remember these details so I need to cheat a little.

Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macdaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm on a Mac so right clicking didn't work.</div></div>

That's what you get for supporting Apple! Its so easy to use, you just can't use it for anything.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macdaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks ktdls7,

I'm on a Mac so right clicking didn't work. I did eventually figure out how to print the screen shot and then selected the piece I needed within the print function.
</div></div>

Click and drag the image to your Preview icon on your Mac, then you should be able to print just the chart.

If I earned my living behind a rifle...I'd straight up have those numbers (in mils for me) memorized.

okay so can i use mil'es for my zeiss diavari 2.5-10x50 t* it has 1/3 moa. i want to use it for long range hunting. cane some one pleas help me thanks so muck..

is ther a way to convert cm to mil,, thanks in adwanc..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac milen tac 50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">okay so can i use mil'es for my zeiss diavari 2.5-10x50 t* it has 1/3 moa. i want to use it for long range hunting. cane some one pleas help me thanks so muck.. </div></div>

The scope is not 1/3. Moa, its a 1 cm or 1/10 mil.
So it's very easy to use it for long range.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a chart that explains what 1.0 mil is or .1 mil at 100 yards is or a .25 moa and 1.0 moa is at 100 yards.

moa-mil.gif

Aron- </div></div>

+1 Awesome chart.

You mean CUNT HAIR ?????? Or is that a typo?

.1 mil is .36 at 100 yards.

.1 mil is 1cm at 100 meters.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac milen tac 50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is ther a way to convert cm to mil,, thanks in adwanc.. </div></div>

Pretty simple.

1/10 milliradian is a measure of angle ( as is the case of degrees) which subtends, that is, "covers", 1 cm at 100 m.

Converting cm to mils is possible if you refer to a specific distance:

- 50 cm at 100 m is 50 1/10 mils ( or 5 mils).

- 40 cm at 400 meters is 1 mil ( 40 x 1/10 mils).
- 20 cm. at 400 meters is 0,5 mil.

- at 100 m, it is pretty simple: 1 cm is 1/10 mil, 23 cm is 23 1/10 mils or 2,3 mils, etc,,....

If you want to conver the other way around,

23 1/10 mils covers 23 cm at 100m; 46 (23 x 2 ) cm at 200 m; etc....

okay that sounds prety simple,, thanks.

okay thank so much
smile.gif

oh and another thing.. i found out how to convert MOA in to MILS for example (13.3moa) divided by(3.44)=3.866279 mils, would i round up to 3.9 mils is that how to do it..

oh and another thing.. i found out how to convert MOA in to MILS for example (13.3moa) divided by(3.44)=3.866279 mils, would i round up to 3.9 mils is that how to do it..

This stuff is important to know cause sometimes you just dont have all the wiz bang gizmos we all have these days. back when I made a living behind an M40A1 we didnt have laser range finders,hand held ballistic programs or the such. We had a ballistic cam and a come up card. We shot each range to verify that are rifles actualy shot what the cam and card said. We did most are range finding with maps or using MILs. In fact we had so much trigger time we could go to an unknown distance range, peer down range and SWAG say 6+1 up on the cam and 2 min left on the windage and shoot. Bang we would hit steel. Wind meters and laser range finders are just a crutch waiting for battery failure or murphy to come along in my honest opinion. Start with the basics and when you get good rely on the toys.

okay very nice, thanks mate. Yesterday i got a 3 shoot 1/4moa grop whith my dads 22, at 100m i was prety proud..

and you were Obviously in the USMC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac milen tac 50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and another thing.. i found out how to convert MOA in to MILS for example (13.3moa) divided by(3.44)=3.866279 mils, would i round up to 3.9 mils is that how to do it.. </div></div>

An even better way to convert MOA to MIL is to buy a new scope with MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA instead of mixed!

yeah but i just bout a zeiss for $1700 so a bit late and it only hast the hunting turest/rectical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macdaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks ktdls7,

</div></div>

Click and drag the image to your Preview icon on your Mac, then you should be able to print just the chart. </div></div>

Hold down "Option" and click the mouse to select it (will turn blue), then hold down "control" and click the mouse again - a list of options will come up. Choose SAVE, and it will most likely navigate to your Pictures directory. You can save it there or to your desktop; give it a name you'll recognize. Then open it and print it from your default pic viewer.