• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mil or Moa reticle

Depends on the purpose of the reticle/scope/rifle. Benchrest type shooting with sighters and a fixed, known distance? MOA all day.

Anything else, Mil.

NEITHER IS “BETTER” OR “WORSE”.

Reactions: Krawlven
MIL... Because it's just better. 😏

I have some MOA European scopes, but it is what it is. I still prefer MILs any day of the week.

MIL. I can add the numbers faster. I can quickly tell you what 17 dimes equals, faster than I can 17 quarters. That, and 95% of all the shooters I have been around and shot with use MIL. Makes life much easier that way.

Reactions: Krawlven
MOA. because that’s how accuracy is measured. 1 moa gun right?
Sounds stupid to say “I have a gun that shoots sub .3 mil”
😁

MIL is infinitely easier if you use metric. One click on a 1/10 turret is exactly 1 cm at 100 m. Once I discovered that, I didn't even bother buying anything in MOA or yards.

But if you don't want to do metric, then use MOA.

Reactions: z71rat
MIL is infinitely easier if you use metric. One click on a 1/10 turret is exactly 1 cm at 100 m. Once I discovered that, I didn't even bother buying anything in MOA or yards.

But if you don't want to do metric, then use MOA.
I mil is 1/1000th of whatever unit you want to measure. 1 squirrel ball at 1000 squirrel balls away is 1 mil. 1 mile at 1000 miles is 1 mil. 1 light year at 1000 light-years is 1 mil. Convert 100 yards to inches. Apply the same 1/1000th rule and you will see.

It's an angular measurement. Don't worry about what it is at distance. It doesn't matter. What is 1 mil at 753 yards? Or 1 mil at 1058 yards? I don't care because it is 1 mil.

Last edited: