• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mil Surplus Ammo for FN FAL????

RayGun1928

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
Ok, so the Radway Green ammo has dried up a long time ago. I've got a class coming up in the spring, and need 1200 rnds of ammo. Nothing fancy needed for the class, and my Radway ammo is staying home. Any thoughts on some of the stuff out there? I found one site that listed this stuff from Serbia that was reasonable, but quality???? I don't want to pay for the class and then end up with crap ammo while I'm training. HELP!!!!!

Re: Mil Surplus Ammo for FN FAL????

I would stay away from Isrealie surplus. My buddys DSA FAL choked on it (FTE) 1 out of every 3 shots even with the gas valve turned wide open. My M1A never hiccupped. He said it was because the cases were so nasty that they got stuck in the chamber. To its credit the FAL did rip the rim off the case trying to eject it.....

is the serbian privi? you might look to see what sportsmans guide has ready. its all mil surp, but they offer variety if its in stock. they have 308 match military m118, 168g, fmjbt, 600 rounds for $525. and they have 500 rounds of S&B 147g for $230, hope that helps

Just get some Wolf if you want factory ammo.

I wouldn't waste any real $$ on factory ammo, it's all garbage anyway.

1200 rounds for one individual's consumption in a single class? That's astounding.

Greg

The Prvi Partizan M80 has good reviews on Midway's website. Palmetto State Armory lists it slightly cheaper.

I have no FAL, but have tried some of Lot No. PPU 0704-01 (older stuff) and it works fine....

Cheers,

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Prvi Partizan M80 has good reviews on Midway's website. Palmetto State Armory lists it slightly cheaper.

I have no FAL, but have tried some of Lot No. PPU 0704-01 (older stuff) and it works fine....

Cheers,

Bill </div></div>

Just looked at their website, seems they are out all together on that item.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1200 rounds for one individual's consumption in a single class? That's astounding.

Greg </div></div>

Yeah, the class should be awesome. Oops, got my numbers backwards. 800 rifle, 1200 pistol. 5 day class. Should be a blast, no pun intended.

did you look at sportsmans guide? they were in stock with the items i posted.

What about .45ACP? Anyone have a good source for that?

SAMCO has what I need. The Port stuff looks like it'll be the way.

I've used the Port. It was a good ammo for the price. I think I paid .50 a round a few months ago. Cycled fine in my M1A. It was a little dirty though. Won't matter in your FAL.

I've had mixed results with South African battle packs in my FAL. I bought one, it shot all 140 rounds flawlessly and often grouped sub MOA. So, I bought three more packs. Next pack shoots 2-4 MOA and most rounds stick when ejecting causing me to have to pound the bolt open.