• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Appreciation Giveaway - HS Stock (700 SA)

FormulaZR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2008
Lubbock, TX
11/11/11 Update - BigJoe is the winner of the stock and sling drawing.

Thanks to all those for their service, and taking the time to enter here.

Here's the deal:

I have an HS Precision stock that was removed from a Remington 700P (short action) for a stock upgrade that I would like to give to a present/past serviceman/servicewoman as a small token of my appreciation for all they do/risk. The stock is in like new condition. I would ideally like to see this used on a build for that individual, rather than sold for profit - but I know that for some a little extra money could be a huge help...so whatever you choose to do with it after it leaves my hands is entirely up to you!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Edit 11/3/11</span> - I received a PM from 'Hide member Sirhrmechanic and he will be adding any TAB Gear sling: Biathlon, regular sling, Deluxe Biathlon sling, etc. to this drawing.

I do not know how to best verify military service without invading privacy - so at this time this give away will be on the honor system. I have zero problem with you entering a spouse, friend, or family member.

I will take names until noon (PST) 11/11/11 (since it's Veteran's Day and it marks the 3 year anniversary of my registration), I will then randomly draw a name and send you the stock.

To enter please just post up here with either your name or the name of the person you want to enter so everyone can see who is entered in case I miss a name.

<span style="font-weight: bold">*</span> - When you post, don't forget to tell me you want to be entered! (Some guys have just been posting to say thanks, so I don't want to leave anyone out!)

All I ask is please be honest when you enter.

*Note - this stock has the slightly wide forearm and "thick" palm swell. Compared to other HS stocks, it's also about 2-3" longer in the forearm area (I assume this is to make it easier to hold with a bipod attached?). Anyway...it looks pretty goofy with a 20" barrel, just FYI.

HSLeft.jpg

HSRight.jpg

HSTop.jpg

HSBottom.jpg

Re: I have an HS stock to give away to a serviceman

Below is a list of those entered in the drawing:

1) Crazy Donkey
2) Chance
3) Bad Medicine
4) Spanky84
5) DR800
6) jvm
7) XLIV
8) K_4c
9) SFC Carpentier jr
<span style="font-weight: bold">10) BigJoe</span>
11) hankpac
12) earthtrekker1775
13) Shark0311
14) Jeepguy242
15) stewar15
16) 303_enfield
17) smcfarland
18) Doug.
19) angsniper
20) BravoSector1
21) para1505
22) Strive4More
23) Cowboy1978
24) MN sharpshooter
25) cwhardee13
26) SlowNoisyDeadly
27) netranger6
28) Alderleet
29) HD1911
30) Bill Larson
31) krummarine

I'd like Hide member Crazy Donkey's name thrown in the hat. He currently is serving overseas in the Air Force. He ain't too bad a feller as AF guys go.
laugh.gif

Thanks for doing this. i think its a great idea.

Thanks for doing this I appreciate you respect for us military guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like Hide member Crazy Donkey's name thrown in the hat. He currently is serving overseas in the Air Force. He ain't too bad a feller as AF guys go.
laugh.gif

Thanks for doing this. i think its a great idea.</div></div>

It's the least I can do.

Crazy Donkey has been entered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad Medicine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for doing this I appreciate you respect for us military guys!</div></div>

No thanks needed - just a shame I don't have more to give.

Do you want to be entered?

I'm a past service member...I need a different stock and have always liked the PSS style stocks. Throw my name in please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a past service member...I need a different stock and have always liked the PSS style stocks. Throw my name in please. </div></div>

Done!

Thanks for your service.

As a past service member I would like to say thanks. That is a great stock for someone to get started. I do not want my name thrown in though. Just wanted to say thanks.

Zach,
Awesome gesture! Thanks for recognizing the guys/girls that do the deed!

Dave

Im a past service member but dont need the stock. Just wanted to say thanks for the offer and your generocity for everyone. Good luck to those who need it.

SP

Im a current Active Duty Marine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smith44699</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a past service member I would like to say thanks. That is a great stock for someone to get started. I do not want my name thrown in though. Just wanted to say thanks. </div></div>

Thank you very much for your service. If you change your mind, you are welcome to enter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zach,
Awesome gesture! Thanks for recognizing the guys/girls that do the deed!

Dave</div></div>

I am glad to do it.

Too often I think it's forgotten all they sacrifice. For example, I work construction on the road and am away from home 300+ days a years; but that doesn't even hold a candle to these guys on tour.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad Medicine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes please, I was wanting to do a custom build, thanks again!</div></div>

Done! You're welcome, but I'm the one who should be thanking you. Very much appreciate your service!

Re: Military Appreciation Giveaway - HS Stock (700 SA)

Throw my name in the hat please! I have a barreled action that's begging for a new home. If you would like verification of service I would be glad to send you an e-mail from my .mil address.

R/ DR800

+1 another active duty guy here who dosnt need the stock but wanted to say thats a very cool thing to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is some awesome generosity right there!
</div></div>

Thanks, but still a drop in the bucket compared to what these guys and gals do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a past service member but dont need the stock. Just wanted to say thanks for the offer and your generocity for everyone. Good luck to those who need it.

SP</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 another active duty guy here who dosnt need the stock but wanted to say thats a very cool thing to do.</div></div>

Thanks a bunch - can't thank you enough for your service!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spanky84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a current Active Duty Marine</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DR800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Throw my name in the hat please! I have a barreled action that's begging for a new home. If you would like verification of service I would be glad to send you an e-mail from my .mil address.

R/ DR800
</div></div>

Thank you both - you've both been entered.

69 to 71 Nam

Thanks for donating I would like to be entered

Stock if won will not be sold will go to my college/junior program

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jvm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">69 to 71 Nam

Thanks for donating</div></div>

Appreciate the service, you have been entered.

****Placemarker for me - all names above added****

I'm glad, no, happy that those who have and are serving are getting more respect than when I served and was spat upon and called all sorts of names. Thank you FormulaZR. Btw, I don't need the stock either.

Put me in the hat! I just picked up a SPS and plan on doing my first custom budget build (this will include lathe work).

I appreciate people like yourself.

Kinnamon

Thank you for your support to our servicemen and women.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FormulaZR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I will take names until noon 11/11/11 (just seemed like a fun date and it marks the 3 year anniversary of my registration), </div></div>

That's veterans day, you couldn't have picked a better day. Good luck guys, and thank all of you for your service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for your support to our servicemen and women.
</div></div>

After all they have done for me/us - it's the least I could do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdbiker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad, no, happy that those who have and are serving are getting more respect than when I served and was spat upon and called all sorts of names. Thank you FormulaZR. Btw, I don't need the stock either.</div></div>

Very sorry to hear that happened; please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your service!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLIV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Navy 76-80

put me in please..
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me in the hat! I just picked up a SPS and plan on doing my first custom budget build (this will include lathe work).

I appreciate people like yourself.

Kinnamon
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go ahead and put my name in. Thanks for doing this.</div></div>

Thanks again for your service, guys. All three of you are entered. Good luck and be safe!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's veterans day, you couldn't have picked a better day. Good luck guys, and thank all of you for your service.
</div></div>

DOH - how could I have missed that on the calendar? Original post edited...thanks for pointing that out.

I'm throwing BigJoe's name into the ring, confirmed.

Thank you all, there are no losers here.

Current SM, I wish I could justify another stock (I bought a PSS stock not too long ago), but alas I can't. But thanks for this great offer, I hope it finds an excellent home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm throwing BigJoe's name into the ring, confirmed.

Thank you all, there are no losers here.</div></div>

He's entered!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Current SM, I wish I could justify another stock (I bought a PSS stock not too long ago), but alas I can't. But thanks for this great offer, I hope it finds an excellent home.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joebino55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not need the stock sir but I really appreciate the gesture.</div></div>

Thanks for the kind words - and thank you for your service!

Former active duty Marine here....thanks for making this happen.

Please do not include my name; just saying thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like Hide member Crazy Donkey's name thrown in the hat. He currently is serving overseas in the Air Force. He ain't too bad a feller as AF guys go.
laugh.gif

Thanks for doing this. i think its a great idea. </div></div> Lol, thanks for the entry, don't care what they say about devil dogs, you're alright.

I could really use that stock (poor student). Please enter me, USN vet.

Side note: I appreciate your doing this, it's few and far between that somebody appreciates service to this country. Hats off to you!

Please enter me. I support my old team, Tiger Force, 1/327 INF, 101st Airborne and this could be the start of something good.
Thanks for doing this. No matter who wins, we all win.

Please enter me for the drawing. Thanks for your generosity and appreciation!

As a past member I think this is great of you to do...

Please DO NOT Enter me in for the stock. I am good and think that some of my brothers and sisters wearing the green leasure suit and those who did before. Could use it more than I.

Only posting to hit you with a Well Done!!!!

My platoon had a run of rifles built during our deployment but our Chief Scout got ass'd out on the build by his x. Please toss my name in the ring on his behalf and I'll see if I can finish the job for him.

Thank you,

My neighbor, Terry W., he is in the wounded vet program, his humvee was hit by an RPG 2 years ago, i dont know many other details as he doesnt talk about it AT ALL...

but i would like to enter his name...

You definately are a great person for doing this. thank you, and thanks to all those who sacrifice their lives for our freedom!!!

FormulaZR, please include my Father in your drawing. He served in Korea.
I am not in the military, but am an SDM instructor working with the CMP/AMU. Thanks for the opportunity. DR 1701.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Former active duty Marine here....thanks for making this happen.

Please do not include my name; just saying thanks. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: esromvre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a past member I think this is great of you to do...

Please DO NOT Enter me in for the stock. I am good and think that some of my brothers and sisters wearing the green leasure suit and those who did before. Could use it more than I.

Only posting to hit you with a Well Done!!!!
</div></div>

Thank you for your service!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could really use that stock (poor student). Please enter me, USN vet.

Side note: I appreciate your doing this, it's few and far between that somebody appreciates service to this country. Hats off to you!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please enter me. I support my old team, Tiger Force, 1/327 INF, 101st Airborne and this could be the start of something good.
Thanks for doing this. No matter who wins, we all win.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earthtrekker1775</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please enter me for the drawing. Thanks for your generosity and appreciation!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My platoon had a run of rifles built during our deployment but our Chief Scout got ass'd out on the build by his x. Please toss my name in the ring on his behalf and I'll see if I can finish the job for him.

Thank you,
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeepguy242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My neighbor, Terry W., he is in the wounded vet program, his humvee was hit by an RPG 2 years ago, i dont know many other details as he doesnt talk about it AT ALL...

but i would like to enter his name...

You definately are a great person for doing this. thank you, and thanks to all those who sacrifice their lives for our freedom!!!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stewar15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FormulaZR, please include my Father in your drawing. He served in Korea.
I am not in the military, but am an SDM instructor working with the CMP/AMU. Thanks for the opportunity. DR 1701.
</div></div>

The names have been entered. Thanks to all of your for your service - and to those entering on behalf of someone else, please extend my thanks to them as well!

I'm in, well if you let old 95B/31B's in
smile.gif

Sir,

Please enter me in the drawing. Active duty Army from 1999-2010. OIF 0/1, 5, and 9. Thank you for this generous offer.

V/r,

Stefan

I would love to be entered! Thank you!! Active Duty Air Force
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 303_enfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in, well if you let old 95B/31B's in
smile.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smcfarland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir,

Please enter me in the drawing. Active duty Army from 1999-2010. OIF 0/1, 5, and 9. Thank you for this generous offer.

V/r,

Stefan</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to be entered! Thank you!! Active Duty Air Force
smile.gif
</div></div>

Got y'all added! Thanks again for your service - both past and present!

I would like to be entered also!
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to be entered also!
Thanks</div></div>

Got ya down! Thanks for your service!

Sir

Would like to be entered. AD AF, 12-years, 0-4...and counting.

Please enter me in the drawing for the stock. I served in the ARMY 87-90 82nd Airborne Division. Thank you for your generosity to the service members.