• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Exchange Pulls all STANDARD Capacity Magazines

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
I just confirmed at Luke AFB. ALL magazines over 10 rounds have been pulled from the shelves, both rifles and pistols. If you buy a new rifle or pistol you will get a standard capacity magazine that ships w the firearm. Had a nice chat with the guy, he wasn't pleased. Corporate came through Monday and pulled them all. Funny thing was they didn't know what a magpul 60rounder was and in his words "I wasn't going to tell them" so those are still on the shelf. He asked me to put it on blast. Firearms sales guys are not happy about it.

Shouldn't. As I understand it, they're completely separate organizations.

MCX in Norfolk only carries 10 round magazines. Says it is MCX policy. He only magazine larger than 10 rounds are the ones sold with the firearm. CGX Chesapeake sells regular magazines.

Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio had a good selection of pmags when I was there a month'ish ago.. see what they have next time I do a Class VI run..

MCX in Norfolk only carries 10 round magazines. Says it is MCX policy. He only magazine larger than 10 rounds are the ones sold with the firearm. CGX Chesapeake sells regular magazines.

Maybe that MCX's policy, not all of them. I know that both Quantico and Lejeune sold standard P-mags before I deployed last Summer

So, yup.. Wright Patterson has a sign up they have stopped sales of magazines 10 rounds and over.. but sales of weapons will continue.

Yah.. but I can sort of see their point (if this is their point..), though don't agree.. If some tool buys an AR and 30 round mags from the BX and goes and shoots up some people, the media will have a field day with added emphasis on it being military-grade since it was bought on a military base. The sheeple public will not seek the facts, just hear that it came from a military base.. Emotions.. not facts..

Last edited:
And like the issued 30 rd mags that are prolific around a military base wouldn't be used? Just thinking out loud here...

Reactions: FatBoy
Perceptions not reality... emotions not facts.. It's the gun grabbers that will use anything to have their way.

Uhh, they would have 7 magazines at their home already as part of their rifle SL-3 that was issued when they got their weapon cards

At Wright Patterson AFB Ohio? Or Key West NAS (yes, they aren't AAFES)? or...

Talked to the gun counter today. All AAFES stores are discontinuing sales of magazines capable of holding over 12 rounds once current stock is sold out.

Reactions: D. Hargrove
Next, the military will no long issue or stockpile 30 round mags and will only issue and retain the old school 10-rounders...

You know, to help protect the children...

This is stupid figuring that the vast majority of AAFES sales are restricted to military members and/or their family.

Reactions: D. Hargrove
We stopped by the PX at Fort Carson yesterday and all high cap mags were gone.